You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Ghost At My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost At My Bed

 

I have had many experiences with ghosts since as long as I can remember. My friends love to hear ghost stories from me, like it's something fun, but it is something I have struggled with for many years.

I have always tried to block them out because when I was younger they'd never leave me alone. I hardly ever slept, so afraid who'd visit me that night. Most of them weren't very nice, I'd wake up with bruises and scratches.

The story I am about to tell you occurred around 2010. My mother, sister and I moved into a new home. I have always been able to sense spirits. As soon as we drove up to the house I turned to my mum and told her there's a ghost here. It was a typical suburban looking home but it gave me the chills. She laughed me off and I had no choice but to move in.

The warning signs of ghost started pretty much the first day. A quick shadow darting across the room and an overwhelming sense of being watched. That's their way of checking you out before introducing themselves.

One night, with my door wide open and my mum still awake in the lounge room, I had finally succumbed to sleep. I don't know what woke me up, but I went straight from asleep to completely alert. I opened my eyes to a tall young man leaning over my bed staring at my face. He actually seemed as startled as I was when I opened my eyes.

It was quite hard to make a sound as I was so terrified and he just stared at me. I honestly thought someone had broken in. I finally got my vocals working and started screaming non-stop. He put his hands up and slowly backed up. I watched him slowly dissolve away. My mum was at my door while I watched him fade away behind her.

I still remember every detail of his face as he was the most vivid and life like ghost I ever seen. This was not the last time I saw him either.

I also found out his back story but ill leave that for another post.

Other hauntings by MK2019

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MK2019, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

seshadme (6 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
wow, so scary, like to hear more from you. I got wake up right now something just sleeping after me, 😨
323astina (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Thanks for the comments everyone.
I would have explained his back story further but I ended up writing too much.
Ill make sure I write up a follow up asap.
Kest (12 stories) (55 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
I cannot wait for his back story! Seems like putting up his hands and backing off means he meant you no harm and was just very curious about you. He might have wanted to know at first if you really were able to see him. I don't think that all people have the ability to see/sense spirits as I have found in my life others are not having the same experiences I am. It sounds like some of your past experiences might have been from spirits strong enough to cause you harm. I hope the ones you meet from now on are more friendly.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Wow that my friend is the most scary thing I have ever read. Wish we knew more from the story of the man that is leaning over you but anyways great story. Thanks for sharing it
Cat7777 (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Oh wow, sounds terrifying! I can't wait to know his story. Seems he means you no harm though? Is he still around?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: