You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: A New Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

A New Ghost?

 

This is a very recent story, one that has happened to my boyfriend, first in July, then a second incident two days ago.

Background information first: He has lived in his home since 1981 and it was built in the 1970s. He has had no paranormal experiences in the house before this and to my knowledge, neither has anyone else.

My boyfriend Jim was getting food from the freezer in his garage and he exited though the small door that leads to the utility room in the extension of his house. As he tried to close the door quietly and gently (it is self-closing and slams with a very loud bang), it seemed to pull back on its hinges (into the garage). He pulled it towards him, fighting what he felt was a large force holding the door. He let it go completely and it still creaked back on itself, whereas normally it would slam. He peered into the garage, but it seemed darker than usual and he could see nothing. He wrenched the door hard and as he did so, he heard 'a man's low, hollow groan' from behind the door 'at male head height'. Then he heard the main garage door shudder as if something had smashed into it.

Then two nights ago he was on his laptop in the dining room, which is also an extension, which connects to the living room via French doors. He heard tapping from inside the walls and tried to ignore it, assuming it was mice. Then it seemed to get more urgent and almost like it was tapping out the Morse Code. He tried to decipher where it was coming from - it sounded like it was coming from the wall above the French doors. He went to his room to look out the window - you can see the roof of the extension from there, as it is directly above the French doors. As he opened the window he saw a light anomaly 'like a flame or a glowing spider's web of mist.' This light flew towards a tree in the garden, making a high pitched moan as it went, before disappearing.

Could this be a ghost? He lost his dad to cancer 11 years ago, so it could be the spirit of his father, but it seems that both incidents involved something trying to get in.

Other hauntings by ladycastlemaine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladycastlemaine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bilbil17 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
WOW! Please read my story "Forever at Camp". Your story gave me chills, it's so close to my own experience.

BB
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Try recording the taps and try to decypher them (sorry if I spelt it wrong 😕). Also research the history of the land or house to see if anything happened. It could be his father but I don't understand why he would be groaning if he was at peace unless he is unhappy.
Good luck,
Jess xx
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
If it is morse code, you can always contact a ham/shortwave operator to translate it. I recommend using either a recording device to record it, or simply use a paper and pencil to write it down.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
One thing that everyone should note is the feeling they get when they are experiencing these things. Take away the first initial fear and what are you left with? What did your boyfriend think about this? Did he feel like this was a stranger trying to get in? Or did he feel his dad?

It does sound like something paranormal is going on based on what you have told us.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
That's a pretty weird light anomaly. If it is his dad, why would he be groaning? That's a rather sad thought. I wouold hope he was at peace. Perhaps, if it is in fact his father, there is a distinct message in the moaning and groaning. Though I couldn't tell you what it was. Please keep us updated if anything else happens to him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: