You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something On The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Something On The Bed

 

Towards the end of 2012 (circa August, maybe September) my family (at the time, my sister, her two children and my brother-in-law) had made the decision to move to the Phoenix area. Since there were two particular areas we were looking at moving to, we took a weekend to spend some time in the area and see which suited us better.

This meant we ended up spending a couple of nights in a hotel. It ended up being my sister's kids in one bed, her and her husband in the other and me on the fold out catch in the 'front room' of the hotel room. I feel like I should note that I've always hated sleeping in total darkness, which the room was. There wasn't a clock available for me to see, so I don't know the time frame on any of this, aside from knowing I went to bed sometime near eleven.

At some point in the night, I was woken by a dim hum. My first thought was that it sounded like someone overhead was vacuuming, and that perhaps it was just the hotel cleaning crew doing their job. It occurred to me as I lay there trying to get back to sleep that the humming was getting louder - something I attributed to being a case of whoever was vacumming was moving over the floor directly above me. As I lay there, the sound continues to increase in volume and intensity.

Just about when the humming was starting to hurt my ears, the bed behind me shifted. At the time I was sleeping on my right side, with my back to the door. The bed shifted just behind my knees in exactly the same way as having a cat jump onto the bed (I have two and have always had cats even from childhood, so I'm intimately aware of how it feels when one of them jumps on the bed with you late at night).

For half a moment, I was convinced it was my older and heavier cat getting on the bed and walking up towards my pillow to sleep by my head as he usually does before I recalled that I was in a hotel room and that my cats were back in my hometown with a friend to look after them.

As soon as I tried to roll over, the feeling vanished but my entire back began to burn, being most intense in a direct line across the small of my back from one hip to the other. I felt the weight lift from the bed as if whatever was moving it had jumped from the bed.

I couldn't move, but found myself fixated on a particular spot on the opposite wall where I could just make out a tiny light. It was about the size of a laser dot and singular, sitting perfectly still.

The humming hadn't ceased at all during this and had gotten to the point where I was certain I was going deaf. I found I couldn't move at all, instead just staring at the wall. I began to silently tell myself that I was safe and gave no power to anything that wished me harm (something my mother taught me to do as a child).

I don't remember falling asleep, but I did eventually. When everyone else began moving and waking up around six the next morning I did as well, and realized that there was nothing on the wall I'd been fixated on the night before - no paintings, no TV, no fire alarms, no lamps, nothing.

I have no idea what it was, but there was definitely something in the room with me that night. I just wish I knew what it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CoffeeSpaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fakki (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-26)
You won't believe it... But it is normal for me... I also was horrified when the first time it happened to me... It happened to me countless times... I'm used to it now... You really feel a presence when it happens to you... I sometimes get angry when I can't move a muscle... And when that hummming starts you know that u won't be able to move...
CoffeeSpaz (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-12)
AugustaM: I checked when I got up but there wasn't anything on my back.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-12)
Did you or anyone else check your back for scratches when you got up?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: