You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirits In My Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits In My Childhood Home

 

I was born and raised in Hammond Indiana. I lived with my mom and brother, in a single family home with two bedrooms, one bath and two large living rooms which was divided by the kitchen. We lived there for 10 years or so.

When we first moved in I didn't really believe in spirits or ghosts nor encountered any. My brother and I were mostly raised by family members. My mother worked odd shifts and my dad wasn't really around. As we got older my mom wanted us at the house more to watch over the house. That's when things started happening.

We would hear T.V. Commercials and the T.V. Wouldn't even be on. I would always get a sense someone was watching me.

My brother and I shared my bed cause my mom was still getting furniture for his room. I was deep sleeping and I felt a thump on my head, I woke up almost falling off the bed.

One day I was using the bathroom and left the door slightly cracked open to see a huge shadow of a man pass by. I wasn't scared I was more curious than anything.

My brother would tell me sometimes he would hear whispers in a corner of his room.

One day I came home from school and found a pink clear turtle on my dresser I still have it to this day. I believe there may have been a small girl spirit. I would have dreams about her she was white with blonde hair and always had pink on and someone would tell me she likes me or misses me.

I don't know if this was paranormal but when I would vacuum I would always get shocked I complained to my mom but it wouldn't happen to her or my brother.

My mom also had experiences where a male spirit would touch her back or lay with her in bed.

There was also anger in the house. My mom would fight with me for no reason then I would fight with my brother then he would take his anger on my grandma. When we would be at a family members house or grandmas we would be good.

When my step dad at the time moved things really got bad. He would get physical with my mom. He was never like that when we lived in a house before that.

Once I had a friend over and she was scared of my closet for some reason, even though nothing happened that night she never came over again. That house was just weird. I wonder if the people that currently live experience the same thing.

Other hauntings by Vegan93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vegan93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vegan93 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-22)
Thank you, things are much better since we left the state thank you for reading my story.
aisyah1987 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-12)
I hope that your family and you are doing well... Sad to hear about the negative energy residing in that house. I can relate; coming from a single parent background... *tight hugs* ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: