You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Beings Haunting Me

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Beings Haunting Me

 

I am really going out on a limb here because I feel like people who are on this site won't think I'm crazy. So here it goes.

I feel like I cannot get away from spirits and it has been this way since I was very young. Growing up, in our home in Arizona I used to tell my parents about "the people downstairs" and would ask them "don't you hear the people downstairs"?

We then moved to Nevada. I was around ages 9-15. This is when things really began to take a dark turn and it seems like only dark entities are drawn to me now. At night, I would sleep with my door open due to my older sister's room being right next to mine. I would be sleeping and something would cause me to just wake up, and I would see it in the hallway. It was tall, it would never speak, and it would rarely walk. It was always on the walls slowly moving. (My heart is pounding as I am writing this, recollecting these memories is much more intense than I thought). It would put its long arms in the doorway and look around my room almost like it was looking for something, making sure that I knew that it saw me, and it would skulk down the hallway into my sister's room. This happened until I was about 13, because I began shutting my door and leaving the hall light on.

This being looked almost like it wasn't fully dense if that makes sense, sort of transparent but still very dark/black. Things amplified when I was 14 and had stayed at a family friend's house with a friend one night. As soon as I walked into this house, I felt as if angry eyes were burning into my body from the top of their staircase. I tried to ignore it.

My friend and I fell asleep on the couch. We are tall, so my friend was laying above me on the couch and my body took up the rest, like a long snake. Same thing again, something just made me wake up. Immediately I noticed that my blanket had been pulled off and was oddly far from my body. Then I saw it. It was standing at the bottom of the stairs. It was taller than any NBA player I have ever seen; at least 9-10 ft tall. I was so confused, I sat there for at least 12 minutes just staring at it; I had no idea what it was! I thought possibly it was a coat rack, I thought it was the wife playing a prank on me (because she was crazy like that). Then it hit me. I realized what I was looking at was not human and immediately the mood shifted. I felt tense, I wanted to scream or cry but I just couldn't, I was in shock. Then it began to move, I think it saw me constantly looking down the hallway because I knew that was my way out.

In a panic, I remembered my friend was laying right there. I grabbed her foot and basically jumped on top of her. It did not like that. It moved a great lunge forward. I then began yelling, saying "THE LIGHT! TURN ON THE LIGHT!" Thankfully my friend, also in a panic, sprung up and flicked on the lamp, almost knocking it off the end table. Just like that it was gone.

Within a minute people were downstairs in a panic, asking us what was going on. I told them everything and of course I received the basic response, "Oh, you were probably just dreaming."

The months following that, I constantly felt like something was looming over me. When I showered I felt something there, when I was watching tv, even when I was not at my own home I knew something was there. My room became such a negative space that, when I would have sleepovers, I began just having us stay in the guest bedroom downstairs.

I made the mistake one night of forgetting to close the door. The door opening showed the middle of our staircase and part of the formal living room. Like clockwork, I was just suddenly awake. I then saw something standing at the top of the stairs, a million thoughts were running through my head. This sense of dread came over me, and for the first time I felt like if I did anything I would get hurt. I never try to engage the things I see, I only think things in my head. As I was telling myself I was probably just seeing something that wasn't there and that it was probably just the trick of the lighting, it raised its hand and placed it onto the railing. I pulled the covers over my head and latched onto my friend, praying that it would go away. It seemed like I was begging for hours under the covers but refused to pull my head out. I had never felt so terrified.

I then began being unable to shake these beings from my head. It is as if I could see them, really see them. Some nights as the dinner table, there was a thing that would be under the table. I knew it was there, I could feel its energy. I didn't want to look under the table. It was as if it was crouching at my feet. It was dirty, and it got enjoyment from how tense it made me. It would wear a dirty white shirt or dress, had dark dirty hair, and it really wanted me to look down at it. When I would refuse to look down at it, it would get angry. Like I said, I could feel its energy. That was the last being I saw in that house.

The same feelings of being watched persisted, until we moved to Texas when I was 16. (If you are wondering why we moved so often, my father was in the Air Force.) Things were calm at first. For once I felt lighter and could fall asleep in peace.

My grandfather passed away a few months later. I feel like this is when the activity picked up again. It started with my guitar, which I kept downstairs by the mantel. It would sound like someone would violently run their fingers across the strings, causing a sudden and loud noise to echo in the house. For about a month that went on, and I would just say, "Oh hi Grandpa" or something along those lines.

My wisdom teeth began to come in, so I had them removed. I was taking painkillers and would just sleep on the couch. I was woken up one afternoon because I felt like someone was touching my hair and I heard what sounded like a young girl's voice. I thought that it was the painkillers messing with my head and didn't think anything of it.

We lived in a large lake house, so family friends would come over often and some would stay for the weekend. We also had a guest house. One Saturday morning, one of my father's friends came down and joked to my dad asking, "Hey what were you doing in my room last night?" My dad went on saying that he didn't go in there and that no one did after we went to bed. I began to get goosebumps. It's like something was listening and was happy that I was on edge. His friend still looking confused said, "What, there's no way! There was a man walking around my room last night. He was opening and closing the drawers and walking around." I felt sick and went outside. Sometimes I feel like being in the sunlight and being outside helps me. I knew now that I definitely wasn't crazy!

About an hour later, everyone was outside hanging out. The couple who stayed in the guest house the previous evening was talking about how they saw a little girl last night. They said that she looked young, had blonde hair and was just an average young girl. Are you kidding me? I thought to myself! The little girl I heard weeks ago wasn't me hallucinating from the pain killers, someone was in that room with me.

I feel like some of you reading this may think that I'm making all of this up, but I really am not. I wish every day that I could not see or hear these beings. It is torturous and miserable.

The feeling of being watched never went away. Some days when I was getting ready for school, a feeling of sadness or dread would come over me. For some reason my mind would immediately go to the little girl.

I began to start seeing full body forms again. One afternoon while I was napping, something caused me to randomly wake up. I was facing the couch cushions, turned over and saw it. On the other couch there was something sitting straight upright. It was dark, had its hands at its sides, looked like it had no hair of any kind, and it turned its head slowly and looked at me. I ran outside and stayed on our porch swing for hours.

I began having the same two dreams for over a year, almost every night. Something was standing at the end of my bed, just watching me. The feeling was not fearful, but it was like it was curious about me. The second dream involved the small girl, but I never saw her face. We were always walking somewhere, and it was bright.

In Texas, sometimes it is very stormy some days and it will just rain all day. This storm persisted into the night, there was lighting and thunder. A giant clap of thunder woke up me in my room, then a bright lightning strike lit up my room. There was something standing in the corner of my room. The feeling of dread and fear crept into my body, for some reason I felt frozen. In my head, I felt if I turned on the lights, I would regret it or be hurt. I waited for another lighting strike to light up my room. I was on the verge of tears. Unfortunately, a long lighting strike shed light onto the thing watching me. It leaned forward, and it was smiling. It wanted to hurt me, I was sure of it. It looked dirty. I am almost certain it was the thing sitting on the couch upright that one day.

I refused to sleep in my room. I would fall asleep every night in our media room with the lights on and the TV on. My family thought I was just imagining things and that I was causing my mind to see things. Things started to get worse. I got so desperate, I took my mattress into the media room and would sleep out there so I could actually try to sleep. Some nights I took sleeping pills because I could feel them; they wanted to be around me.

Just to clarify, I do not engage these things. I do not seek them out. I have never tried to contact spirits or anything else.

I woke up one night because I was extremely hot and somewhat disoriented. I turned over, I was facing the couch. I saw legs and feet. I looked up slowly, there was something sitting on the couch. It looked human like, but I knew it wasn't. It began to slowly put its arms up. By this point I was just exhausted and wanted the nightly torments to stop. I hurried myself under my blankets, shut my eyes and was about to pray. But when I shut my eyes it was like they were still open. I could see a face so clearly, it was as if it was right in front of my face. It looked like an older man with deep set wrinkles, pulled back white hair and deep, intriguing eyes. I flung myself out of the room. The house was black. I turned on every light I could. My heart was beating so fast, it was almost painful. I stayed in the living room that night.

I began spending less time at home, staying at my friends' houses when I could. Things weren't as bad when I was out of the house. But unfortunately, the dreams would happen if I wasn't at home, without fail they would happen.

It was summer time now and I went on a vacation with my family. We went to Las Vegas. I had the dream where I was with the little girl. It was going the same, I could not see her face, we were going somewhere and it was bright. This time the dream shifted. I tell myself this happened maybe because I was so far away from my home and the beings were angry. Things began to get dark, I was staring at the small girl, her back to me, she began to turn around. The moment I saw her face, it was not the face of a child. It began to grow in size, her body was hunched and large, her face was not human, not animal. Just imagine the face of something you cannot even put into words. It began to yell and shriek in something I could not understand. I forced myself to wake up, my heart was pounding so hard and I was sweating. Luckily, I did not see any dark beings in my room.

When we got back from our vacation, I had some friends over. We had been at the lake all day and came back due to us being hungry. I was in our kitchen, grabbing some fruit from the refrigerator. As I shut the door and turned towards the island, I saw a man. I believe this is the first and only "ghost" I have seen to this day. He was around 5'4", he was bald, no facial hair, wearing jeans and a tucked in short-sleeved plaid shirt, and he also had a brown belt. He was looking into our dining room, just standing there and looking. He was light and somewhat flowy. I was still shocked and took off running towards my friends.

I had never seen or heard the man was "walking around and opening and closing the drawers" until one night. Luckily, I only heard him. I was on the phone with my friend, my parents were not home. I now had many lights in my bedroom and had a large TV now. Since my parents were not fans of me taking over the media room, I relocated back into my room.

As soon as I got off the phone with my friend, it began. It was like it knew I was preoccupied. The door leading to our garage began to slam so hard it was echoing throughout the house, BAM BAM BAM BAM! I began to panic, was there an actual person in my house? The banging suddenly stopped, it was quiet for a few seconds, then I heard it. It was walking up the stairs, I could hear every footstep. I sunk deep into my bed, trying so hard to be silent. My heart was pounding so hard I could hear it inside me. Something briskly passed by my door, thank god. Then I heard it. The drawers in my bathroom were opening and closing. Over and over, the drawers would open, close, open, close. I then heard the being let out a disgusting hacking cough. I compare it to someone who is a chain smoker. I could hear the fluid in its lungs.

I told myself I would not let it come into my room. Luckily, I had a large patio connected to my room. I grabbed my phone and slid out the door. I pushed myself up against the wall as much as I could and began calling my friend who lived right down the road. I was breathing heavy and whispering, "It's in my house! You need to come over here, it is in my house!" She took it as a legit person was in my house and called the police. They came and searched the woods, the whole house, they found nothing.

I am currently 23, live in an apartment and go to college full time. I recently moved into a new place and it is happening again. I am being watched. Something stands at the end of my bed and watches me, my dog even stares sometimes. It enjoys the bathroom. When I shower I feel it, I know that it is above me on the wall. I can feel it peering down at me. I saw it the mirror today. It is tall and dark.

Sorry for any typos. I feel like when I think about them, they know, and they try to interact with me.

Please, if anyone knows what I can do to get rid of these things, I DO NOT WANT ANY SPIRITS AROUND ME. Any advice will mean the world to me.

Thank you,

Paige C.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PaigeC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-31)
Terrifyingly, below was meant to read *terrifying you*. Apologies for the oversight.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-24)
Paige,

I just want to offer a word of encouragement. Clearly, the entity/ies is/ are terrifyingly. (For all we know, it could be just one malevolency in many forms.) But after all this time, it never actually managed to harm you. That is important. Clearly from your report, it would if it could. At this point, we might be able to surmise that perhaps it can't. It does seem to gain something from frightening you. So another course of action could be to give it less of what it wants.

Yes, these enities seem to be able to read thoughts. If you're scared when you see one, you can wipe your mind of fear by thinking of something not scary, like meaningful incantations or you can sing a favorite hymn if that's your thing. A thing that feasts on hatred or fear is repelled by love, at least in the moment so if mental images of that thing with the face of grumpy cat does it, more power to you!
PaigeB (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-05)
I kind of have some of the same questions as LuciaJacinta - How did your parents react to the couple seeing things? And did you not mention this to them? And how come you never tried to draw anybody elses attention to it? This is my favourite story and it took me ages to find it and read it again but I'm glad I did and I got to save it. Please update us with more if it is still happening, your writing is beautifully descriptive.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-27)
Terranigma - I use nag champs too and for the same purpose! I love the scent. When I feel the energies are starting just starting to get a bit rowdy and unbalanced, I burn a stick. Often that is enough to keep smooth hints out again or at least allay things temporarily.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-26)
What I do every day at least once a day but more often then not I do it once in the morning and once before bed, is I burn incense. It sounds pretty basic but it works. When I burn the incense I think to myself let no evil into my home, no evil intent and no trespassers into my sacred space, also after all that I usually say a wish in my head while I am lighting it. Also when you burn the incense imagine a force field thing blocking and surrounding your house so evil things can not occupy your space.

I love this incense called Nag Champa and I just adore the smell. It is Indian prayer incense and It has a strong smell with out being to over powering and it will fill the house with a pleasant odor and it lingers in the air for a good while before it dissipates.

I do this because I currently live in a boarding house and only have one room and me and my partner have seen a dark shadow-like being in the hallway of the house. I personally don't mind it in the hallway but I don't want it in my room so I burn the incense to keep it out. 😁
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-16)
To edit, I forgot about the couple that saw the girl in the guest house and the man walking around the room... What did your family say to that? Did they believe them? Did you tell the couple anything?
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-16)
I don't mean to sound doubtful, but have you ruled out any psychological possibilities? I don't mean that in any offensive way but a concerned one. Reason I think this is that I know of a family with 2 children who have always seen these dark entities in much the same way as you have said and they did have a particular condition that medical care alleviated.

The reason I threw that out there was because you didn't say anyone else sees them? No friend or family ever sees them? A lot of the time when there is an issue like this it effects the family as a whole. Or even a friend. Did you ever point them out and say it's right there when it's happening? Do any of your friends believe you or do they blow this off as imaginery?

But if it is just you, did anyone else ever put a curse on you or single you out specifically for bad intentions? Does anyone hate you and they are projecting their darkness onto you?

If none of these ideas are plausible, it's possible that you alone are singled out in the family for these entities. If so, I'd pray some sort of protection prayers or cleansing prayers. I'd also just tell this stuff to others. Even if they don't believe you, just seeking help might help you feel heard. I hate that you are alone in your struggles. You sound very troubled in all this and I wish you peace.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-16)
I don't know where your religious convictions lie but if you are affiliated with a particular religion, I would recommend seeking out someone there who could council you in this matter and perform a blessing. If you are not currently practicing as a member of any specific denomination, do a little research, pick one that speaks to you and proceed as above. Bare in mind too that in addition to the more traditional religious options there are alternatives out there like spiritualists, neo-pagans, Wiccans etc that provide alternative ways of approaching divinity should none of the other avenues call to you. Bottom line, it simply sounds like you are a person who could use someone in your court and some connection to a higher power - back up, if you will:-)

Some folks find comfort in various icons - from statues of gods or goddesses to crucifixes to special candles to saints medals to crystals to various house plants (rosemary and basil being particularly popular) to vials of holy water etc. There are a lot of options out there - again, pick what resonates with you there are no wrong answers and don't feel like you need pick only one. I would recommend something you can keep on your person as it seems like you are affected more than the surroundings in which you find yourself.

Keep a journal of what happens to you. See if you can detect any correlations between things that happen in your everyday life (stressors, depression etc) and the appearances of these entities. Knowing how they work gives you an upper hand.

What I hope will come of all of this is what Caz so insightfully stated - to put you back in the "driver's seat". With confidence and belief in yourself first and foremost backed up with the knowledge that there are other positive forces out there that are stronger than these big nasties (including you) - I think they'll back down.

Welcome to YGS! Keep us posted and nobody here thinks you are crazy ❤
Caz (342 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-16)
Hi Paige,
Oh you poor thing! ((HUGS)) I can only imagine how scared you must be, but I have a sister who would know exactly how you feel. It seems to me the spirits seek you out, because they know you can see and maybe hear them and they may want company, or perhaps help to move on. I know it's hard, but none of them has caused you any harm and as I see it, your main problem is you have 'no control' over what's happening to you, but that needn't be so. If you can find a good 'development circle' in your area, you will get lots of help and training to understand what's happening and how you can control it. At the moment, the spirits are 'in the driving seat' and that's where 'you' should be! Having control will take away the fear and you'll meet others who are just like you, so you won't have to feel alone with this either! In the meantime, try not to be scared and if you feel like praying then do so. I have found 'The Michael Invocation' always helps no matter what religion you are, or even if you're not religious at all! You can easily find it on the net if you wish.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-16)
Paige thanks for your story. I read that at one point you tried to pray, and in my humble opinion, your best option would be to seek out a pastor or priest in your local church and tell them what has been happening. They should be able to help you or at least point you to clergy who can. You can view my profile for my views on these things, and I believe that you are absolutely right in not wanting to acknowledge or have contact with these things.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-15)
Paige,

Honestly, it sounds like you may be sensitive to spirit, as in having psychic medium abilities. The shadows might be spirits attempting to manifest and communicate. Especially if you still encounter the activity away from home.

Have you thought of this or been told you are able to communicate with spirits? Just my thoughts after reading your account. I'm interested to hear (read) what you think.

-Dee
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-15)
This sounds Terrifying. Here is Rooks cleansing ritual. Hopefully it helps.
Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method (as used by myself and many other members of this site)...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
MK1 (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-14)
Paige,

Sorry to hear of what you are experiencing. Terrifying.

There is a regular poster on here, goes by the name of Rook, and he has a method he uses to successfully rid a house of spirits and the like. I urge you to seek out his counsel, and his method consists of various practical things to complete to hopefully give you some peace.

As for who or what these beings are, and why they seem to have attached themselves to you, is a question for some of the others on here. I'm quite sure that some will definitely weigh in.

You are not crazy. This is a very real experience for you, and hopefully, with a little work on your end and assistance from the kind people on here, these experiences will cease altogether. Please let us know how things are going, and update when possible.

Best wishes to you.
Michael

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: