You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Devil's Face

Real Ghost Stories

The Devil's Face

 

I was downstairs in the rec room, half asleep on the couch, not yet asleep. When I closed my eyes, I seen the devil's face. I immediately opened them, ran to the window to let the light in (sun was starting to set) and seen his face outside the window. I ran upstairs and couldn't even talk to my parents about it for I was so terrified, I could not speak.

Once I regained my breathing and calmed down, about a half hour later, I told them what I had witnessed. My parents were speechless and tried to reassure me that I just had a bad dream. Yet I seen him when I was awake. There were no horns on his head. He had lots of thick hair and it was flowing upwards, dark and straight, and his eye were red. This was when we lived in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I was 13 years old.

Several times throughout my life, I have encountered him again but only in my dreams. Two other times, wearing a black top hat and long coat.

1) Levitating outside my window on the 2nd floor, and I knew he wanted me to open the window and let him in and I woke up. This was in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I was 18 years old.

2) In the other dream, I was walking along a path, coming from a barn of some sort and it's raining really hard. As I get closer to the cottage, I see my sister in the window reading a book by candle light. He is all of a sudden right beside me, walking with me and our thoughts are not said out loud. We stop and face each other and he pulls out a gun and shoots me 3 times in the hip. As I am going down, dying, I scream to my sister to get out of the cottage now! I wake up crying, scared and in pain. The right side of my hip was swollen and sore. It hurt for about 3 days and then the pain was gone. This happened in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I was 23 years old.

Has anyone else had an experiences like this?

I've had one other experience about life and the universe, which I will share another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tammysue4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ush (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Hey,

Boy, this is a old post hahaa, I am still commenting but in hopes that you are no longer haunted by it any more and the fact that this is the first story I have read before registering to this place.

You're story is very intriguing. In my opinion there are humans who have very strong imagination than just creative and can't distinguish the line between unconscious vision and concious vision, it can be blurred into merging quiet easily - sort of like a very strong daydream. Someone with a very strong imagination can really go deep into sleep especially when they have been thinking, studying or watching something based on spiritual topic - which I tend to have, if I have very deep/critical thoughts about anything similar to let's say demons/ghosts my dreams will drag me down like I have been dragged down to hell itself, horrific and so realistic that I feel every single thing. Your experience of having the physical outcome from your dream can be caused psychologically - many studies have taken place where people who have been violently attacked in their dreams have come out with actual physical signs of them being attacked on the exactly the same area of their body that had been attacked in their dreams simply because the mind conceives it as being real - it's similar to people who see other people sick and psychologically believe they've contracted the virus/disease with the result of having superficial symptoms, like a copycat of the actual symptoms of the illness and it can last as long as the believer thinks it's real and as long as you are mentally still in that heated sit as well as influence the length of time it would take for it heal. However, I am sort of person who leans towards logic than gut feeling at most, if that makes sense, but I perhaps genetically inherited or influentially gained a figuratively speaking spiritual instinct and I have encountered dreams and events in my life that are not anywhere near to your experience, but enough to make me have a room of doubt. Especially that I have yet to find a logical reason as to why people have dreams/visions like you have in the first place? - I acknowledge that there are theories as to why out of the blue people have experiences such as yours and maybe I haven't come across reasons/facts if there are any. It's not like you strongly imagined about meeting the devil or being abused by one in your dream or haunted? - if that's appropriate to say- due to this thought I respect your story.

Even though I might have a very non-spiritual view point I have to say what some have mentioned to you from the comments below, just keep faith in the person above and don't lose sight of faith - kind of like only thinking of or being surrounded by sad thoughts/events constantly can make a depressed victim even more depressed and act out in the worst possible way. Sometimes staying positive in order to survive works which is believed in both areas of spirituality and science at some point.
katiebates143 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
Thank you for commenting my story;) Your dreams... You should record what you have dreamt and then research what each part means for instance the "Devil" (means in your dream, means there is some wrongdoing or evil workings in your life or environment.) Is their anything bothering you or has been bothering you for a while? If so this could be the cause of your dreams.
LaughLove22 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
Well, I for one, found this to be the most interesting story I have read yet. I have only been a member of this website for a short time, but I have read many of these before.

But there are many reasons why you could be having those dreams. I'm not quite sshure what they could be. But it might be you yourself, or it could be the house your living in. There is a possible chance that the devil is trying to communicate with you. And the bruise you had, I don't find that to be a coininsedence. No one can have a dream about being shot or hurt and then wake up hurt in the same spot as in their dream. That's spiritual abuse. It's possile. Trust me. I know a lot about ghost's and demons. I've been researchin on this stuff for years. Its a big part of me. But that is very interesting, and you couldn't have just hit yerself in the side, because it wouldn't have swollen that fast.

This is very interesting, I will be posting another comment on this, I'm just going to do a little researching on this.

I very much injoyed it. It made me very happy to read something so exciting. Thank you very much Tammy โค ๐Ÿ˜
akchefmikey (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
I am hoping that you get this comment, as several months have passed since the last.
I have had a very similar experience as a child as well, and have never encountered anyone with as similar.
I saw the face in the window, then the wall where the light switch was. I heard an earsplitting scream. My younger brother also heard the scream. My parents in the next room heard nothing. There is much more to tell.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Dream #2 sounds like a spirit attack.
But the sighting of the devil"s face is one report out of possibly five hundred thousand made over the centuries, and still there's no way to determine that even one case is fact.

Any number of spirits can simulate the traditional devil's face and imply or declare that the devil himself is being seen.
How could any human being tell the difference?
How would he or she go about checking behind " the devil"?
Interesting account still...
Hullabulu (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Are you sure that getting shot was a WHOLE dream? Maybe half real, half dream, since you had a swollen hip. ๐Ÿ˜
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
I haaven't had any excpsrinces like that but I would like to ask you this. Do you believe in christ? Because if you don't then you have a bad life whit thouse devils. And if you did believe in christ then the devil was trying to get into your life. And just a note that you should never let him into your life.

โค

~~Amy~~
tammysue4 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hernandez512, and Funnylaugh
I was terrified when I seen his face, sensing and seeing only pure evil. That's the only way I can explain how I knew it was the devil/demon. I ran like hell upstairs to get away from it.
When I seen him in my dream - on the path towards the cottage, I never did see his face but I knew from the vibe I got that it was him. I sensed and felt his evil presence. I sensed (no words) from him that he was going to kill me then my sister. My Mom seen my swollen right hip and I told her about my dream. She tallied it up to over-imagination and said I probably hit myself with my fist while dreaming. If she's right then that's probably why, I woke up.

I just remembered that when I was a couple years younger, my sister had taken me to the drive-in (kinda)...we were on a backrode watching "The Excorcist" but not in the drive-in parking lot. There was no sound and that movie troubled me greatly.
So maybe that has something to do with it all? ๐Ÿ˜•
tammysue4 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
whitebuffalo, thank-you for your advice.
I will start writing my dreams down. I plan on buying a mini-recorder for quick access.
bbyguhrlx3, a long answer to your questions:
I was not thinking of the devil at all, but I was young and emotional, going through adolescence.
Nothing bad happened after seeing his face, but before it. Not sure if it was a week or longer but I was trying to cut myself with a pair of plastic sunglasses. I knew I wasn't seriously trying to hurt myself, I was just stupid and confused. About 2 months after seeing his face: I was sleepng and heard my door open, slightly ajar. I seen an old man in a suit and a short hat. He nodded at me then closed the door, and I was not afraid. I told my Dad about him, and he showed me pics of my Grandpa that I had never met. The only pictures he had, were of him in his casket. Wearing the exact same suit. Dad and I bonded after that. Then not to long after that, Dad's sister died in a head on collision. So maybe Gramp's visit was to make it easier for my Dad to believe (because of my visitation) in life after death.
๐Ÿ˜Š
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
How do you know it was a demon?
But what I'm most concerned about is your hip, why would it hurt so much after a DREAM
or was it?
CursedByDeath (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
HERNANDEZ512,

Can you elaborate on your story about this figure? I would like to know more about your experience with this ghost.
CursedByDeath (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hello tammysue4,

When I was a child (about 4 or 5 years old) I lived in very poor neighborhood in Texas. At that time we lived with our grandmother. The house was very old and made of adobe. Next to our house was a warehouse.

My two older brothers and I shared some bunk beds. One of my older brothers slept on the top bunk and next to it was a window.

One night my brother woke up crying and screaming. He did not want to sleep on the top bunk. He was screaming that a monster was looking in the window. My mother had me sleep in that bed from then on.

One night I awoke to a dark figure wearing a fedora and a trench coat looking in the window. I could see the light from the warehouse next door right through this figure. I don't remember any eyes though. Sometimes I would wake up in middle of the night to see it pacing next to our house outside our window. I always thought it was a dream I was having.

One day my mother, brother and I were talking about that old house. I told my mother and brother about the ghost. I described the ghost to them and my mother had the look of fear on her face. My brother explained that he saw that same figure looking at him through that window and that is why he didn't want to sleep in that bed. My mother told us that she saw that figure in front of the house when she was walking home from work one night.

Please don't let anyone discourage you or make you change your story. My mother, brother and I have personally seen a figure like you described. I would also like to thank you for sharing your story. I've been wondering if anyone else had experience this as well.
bbyguhrlx3 (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
interesting story, in my chinese religion, your dreams means something. When you had this dream, did you have anything bad happened after that ? Maybe its a warning for you ; to tell you that you need to watch your actions. I actually believe that your dreams come from the things that you're thinking before you went to bed. So were you thinking of this devil face before you went to bed ? And, most of the time dreams also doesn't last long. And that's very interesting how you remembered all of your dreams kcos most of the time, we forget and move on.

takeeeee care ! God bleess. Keep praying(: be safeee ๐Ÿ˜Š
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
I am sorry, Tammy, I will be honest. The title of this story IS the reason I skipped over it. I have an "uncomfort zone" when it comes to demons and the devil for personal reasons and for that fact only, I am a bit later in getting to this one.
Ohiowatha hit on some very good points. Our minds are extremely powerful. I have often said jokingly, but meaning it, that my brain has a mind of it's own at times. I can see some horrendous things that I know are not humanly possible, and all that is (for me) is my mind working through stresses, problems, and perhaps trying to figure out, on it's own, whether or not it is time for a nervous breakdown.
I think the part that may confuse you the most is the fact that you do have prophetic dreams. You have had a few of them, right? The hard part is to determine, while fully awake, which ones are telling you a story and asking you to pay attention, and which ones are just thoughts. In dreams, harsh reality often times come across as something you would never connect it with while awake.
I suggest leaving a pen/pencil and notebook beside your sleeping place. When you wake from having a dream, jot down what you can remember and in the DETAIL that you can remember. What you think is important enough to write down often has great meaning. You may think it foolish to write "a green and purple cat jumped up on the window seat" but two days from there you may see a small boy (very agile) in a green and purple stripped shirt climbing up a dangerous railing (window seat).
Just a suggestion. That is how I am learning to "sort through" my dreams.
Thank you.
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
I'm not sure it's the devil. But maybe an evil spirit, but did he ever harm you? Was he familiar with someone who have passed in your family?

I have also had dreams were the spirit in our house has terrifide me to tears. So you're not alone about this ๐Ÿ˜ณ
HERNANDEZ512 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
ok. I seen the same person before. And he looked just the way you described him. I screamed my butt of. He was outside my window. OH! Makes me get the chills all over again. ๐Ÿ˜
tammysue4 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Tnanks for your all your opinions and advice.
I do have a cross in my room, which I find comforting.
I often have nightmares and will myself to wake up and ask for strength through prayer. I do have faith in Jesus. When I bought my house, I had some blessed salt which I sprinkled in every room. I firmly believe that I am protected from any re-occurence.
Message and thought transference, vivid colors, and sometimes knowing the names of strangers in my dreams are common for me. I've learned to accept it and not be upset. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Hi tammy. I also agree with Ohiowatha. It's possible since you were so terrified by the concept of the first dream (sometimes dreams are so realistic!) that it left a strong impression on you. Therefore the demon became the center of these dreams. Possibly during times of stress? Or a major event in your life? I don't see any connection to supernatural events happening here, just a couple of really vivid nightmares.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hello Tammy. Thank you for sharing your story with us. While I found it interesting, I will have to agree with Ohiowatha. What he says makes a whole lot of sense, please consider his advice. If after careful consideration you feel that what you experienced was of paranormal nature, take the necessary steps to protect yourself. Only you know what your truth is.
Good Luck and God Bless.

FRAWIN โค
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hi, Tammy, and thanks for sharing this story with us. I would not be too scared of these things for a few reasons.

Your first encounter was quite possibly all in your head. Nobody knows what the "devil" actually looks like, so who knows what image popped into your head. Also, that's just it--and image in your head. You were a young kid and could have easily been frightened by your own imagination.

The second encounter was also in your mind. You had a nightmare and this is not something to get too worked-up over. Also, I don't see any connections between the image in your head and the dream about someone at your window. Perhaps you do, but I couldn't make any from your story.

Finally, your last encounter is also a dream, and I cannot make any connection between this and the other two. Dreams are often the RESULT of physical ailments and not the other way around. For example, you might have bruised your hip earlier in the day or in your sleep and had this dream BECAUSE of the pain--not that the pain was derived from a nocturnal encounter with "satan" or whatnot.

So, from your story, I must conclude that there is no paranormal activity going on here. If you are positive there is, than I believe you, but can only go off of the information you've submitted here. Perhaps if you fleshed-out this story with a little more explanation as to why all these incidents are connected or how just one of them deals with ghosts or the supernatural, this connection would be clearer to readers.

But thanks for sharing!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
I can not say I have had these exact types of experiences, but I have had what I consider to be 'warning' sightings or dreams (that may feel all to real to be a dream).

It sounds as if there may be something to your caring and consideration for others, your wanting to protect them that has 'him' or some version of 'him' showing up to plague your thoughts.

I understand when you say your words were not spoken to each other, messages or thoughts were still conveyed, right?

Do NOT give in to 'his' tho0ughts or wishes. Do NOT follow his instructions. Pray, tell 'it' in what ever way possible that it is not welcome here, it must leave you alone and NOT plague your thoughts or dreams any longer in the name of the Lord. I would also suggest putting a cross in each of your rooms, at least one.

If this does not fit within yoiur beleif system, there are many different ways to rid your self of evil. There is a smidge ceremony (there are some instructions for one on this site), and many others.

Remember, it is at times like this when our faith is tried the most and it becomes most difficult to remember 'it' would not be hassleing you or bothering you in any way IF there was not some sense of strength in your character adn some wisdom in your faith.

Do not loose site of that !

God Bless! ๐Ÿ˜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: