You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Grim Reaper

Real Ghost Stories

The Grim Reaper

 

I came across this site randomly a few days ago while searching for good ghost stories to read and I have been hooked ever since. I love ghost stories and things of that nature so I thought I'd share an experience I had with you.

When I was around the age of 13 or 14, my family was renting a duplex in Pittsburgh. We were getting ready move and looking through old boxes to determine what could be thrown out prior to moving.

At this particular time of the day I was the only one at the house and I decided to look through this box with old place mats in my dining room. My dining room had this large clock that was a mirror. Through the mirror you could see into the kitchen that was separated by a dividing wall.

I honestly have no idea why I decided to do this, but I held this old-see through place mat up to my face while looking into the mirror. As soon as I put the mat up to my face, this dark hooded figure jumped out behind me. I immediately looked behind me but nothing was there. I was so scared. I honestly thought I saw the grim reaper that day and all because I was being weird and putting a place mat up to my face.

I associate the grim reaper with death but I do not recall anyone close to me passing away at that time so possibly I'm misinterpreting this figure. Maybe someone has a different theory.

I have two other occurrences that have happened in that house. It's been a long time since I've lived there and I can honestly say I've never really experienced anything since. I will most likely post the other two occurrences here shortly. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AE89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-05)
Hi AE89,

Welcome to YGS. After reading your account, my first thought was perhaps you saw a reflection of some kind through the place mat. I'm not sure why you associated what you saw with the grim reaper, maybe something you had read or seen on TV caused this?

You mentioned having other experiences in that house, but without more information it's difficult to say if this incident is paranormal.

Thanks for sharing
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: