You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Spirit Visits

Real Ghost Stories

A Spirit Visits

 

Before I begin my story, I would like to make it perfectly clear to the reader, that this is not an attempt to inspire you to believe in the paranormal, or the occult or the Christian faith. However I am a Christian and my faith is very strong. My story is just a true and accurate account, of what has been happening in my life and is still continuing. I have never seen a ghost, but I did have an experience when I was in my late twenties, where Satan tried to enter my body. It was a vision in a dream, where he ran at me and when he hit me he bounced off me screaming in pain.

Now for my story. It was the last week of March in 2016. I was renting a room from a lady that took me in when I was going through a difficult time in my life, and had nowhere to stay in the summer of 2015. At the beginning of March, she informed me that she was selling the house and I would need to find another place to live. She did tell me at the beginning that it would only be temporary, and also told me that her son had died in the house. During the last week of March she was away most of the time, and I was there by myself preparing to move the first of April.

It was Tuesday night and I retired for the evening to my room around 11:30 pm. The room was in the loft in the top floor of the house. I was lying in bed with the light on because I could not sleep, as I was thinking about my new home. It was going to be a rooming house with two other tenants. As I lay there, I was suddenly drawn to look at the wall to the right of me. It was as though I could sense that something was there and could feel it's presence. I slowly moved my head and followed it, as it approached me and passed over my head. As it passed over my head, I felt a cool refreshing moisture on my face as though someone had sprinkled snow on my face. I stopped and stared for a few seconds, and then continued to follow it to the left side of the bed where it stopped. As I continued to stare at the spot where it stopped, all of a sudden I heard the spirit say one word to me. It sounded like the voice of a young teenage girl. The one word she said to me was sweet, and I heard it plain as day just as if a real girl was there speaking to me. She left and that was the end of her visit. At no time during this experience did I ever feel threatened or any sense of fear or evil.

There is a second part to my story. The part that is still continuing today. I moved into my new rooming house in April, and in July I developed an infection in my right arm that would not heal due to poor circulation, and I had to have it amputated a few inches below the elbow in October. I am now fitted with a prosthetic arm that looks very real, and most people at first glance do not even notice that it is a prosthetic arm and hand.

When I sleep on my right side, I Prop my prosthetic arm against the wall at a 45 degree angle, with my hand resting on the wall. The prosthetic hand is made of a rubber like material. As I am nearing the sleep stage but still fully aware of my surroundings, the spirit lifts my arm away from the wall and let's it fall back to the wall. My hand bounces on the wall and it startles me because it is unexpected. I feel my arm move at the elbow and I know that it is not me that is doing it.

Sometimes the spirit takes my arm and throws it at the wall very hard, so that it hits with a loud bang. At times the spirit moves my arm to the right or left a few inches and let's it bounce on the wall. This has been happening since Christmas 2017 and is still continuing. Once again I never feel a sense of evil or fear.

It was quiet all summer and only happened two or three times, but it has restarted again this October. I am not sure if it is the spirit of the young girl that has followed me here from the other house. At times when I go to bed I can smell the fragrance of ladies perfume.

One night I thought that maybe it was trying to communicate with me. I held a pen in my good hand on an eight and half by eleven sheet of paper to see if I could get a message. The pen did not move but the paper turned a quarter of a turn all by itself. Sometimes I have felt the bed move, as well as my right leg and my good arm, and have felt a slight touch through my clothes when it happens. There has never been direct contact with my skin.

I am not frightened in any way and always feel calm, relaxed and peaceful. The spirit also plays with my electronics (home theater) by turning it on and off, or changing inputs while I am using it. I am not worried about this and do not believe that I need help or am possessed. I would like to know if there is anyone else having experiences similar to mine. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Desserratta, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-22)
Desserratta,

Thank you for answering my questions. I understand what you mean when you describe sensing a spirit/energy. Many people seem to be able to do so. It might have something to do with sensing an air pressure change, energetic frequency or an intuitive ability.

As far as the activity centering on your prosthetic arm, I'm not sure how to feel about that. I know you've stated that you aren't frightened, however the attention seems to be a bit much. Slamming your arm into a wall so hard that it makes a 'loud bang' doesn't exactly give a friendly vibe. Whether physical or energetic, your personal space and body should be respected.

If you aren't frightened to speak aloud to this entity, you might want to consider telling it to respect your need for sleep and more importantly, your body. Do so in a polite, but firm manner.

I know you weren't asking for help, but thought I'd share my thoughts on this. I wish you the best.

Dee
Desserratta (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-21)
When the spirit visits I always greet it and say hello spirit. I do not have trouble speaking to it out loud.
Desserratta (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-21)
Hello CuriousDee: as I mentioned I have never seen a ghost. And the lady where I was staying had a deck of tarot cards and for fun I was doing readings for her At times I feel a psychic ability and so that is why I was drawn to look at the wall and follow her I could see nothing I did sense her presence. The spirit took my prosthetic arm and threw it against the wall very hard and it hit with a loud bang so that is why I thought maybe it was trying to tell me something. It is now happening through the day as well for today it made my whole body shake and at the same time lifted my Prosthetic arm off my stomach and laid it on the couch beside me. There has been times when it breathes out through my nose. I hear it and feel it on my face as it is a loud swoosh of air.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-21)
Desserratta,

Welcome to YGS. You mentioned in your account that you don't need help, don't believe you are possessed and wanted to know if anyone has experienced something similar. I have felt phantom touches, heard disembodied voices, experienced electrical disturbances and smelled cologne/perfume without an apparent cause.

Many members have experienced the same activity you've described. If you are interested, you can use the 'Search this site' option.

I do have a few questions if you don't mind clarifying... In your third paragraph, you mentioned sensing a presence and: "I stopped and stared for a few seconds, and then continued to follow it to the left side of the bed where it stopped".

What did you see/follow with your eyes? You heard the girl's voice at this time too, did you see her?

Also: "One night I thought that maybe it was trying to communicate with me".

Why did you think it was trying to communicate with you and what made you decide to use a paper and pen? Do you feel uncomfortable speaking aloud to this presence?

Looking forward to your response. All the best.
Dee
Desserratta (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-20)
There is something else that you should know I had near death experience in November 1977 and one in April 2015 and one in July 2016.
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-20)
Hi Desserratta. I am also a christian and am not afraid at all of anything paranormal. I must add that I have never experienced anything paranormal. The only strange thing that happened was on the night of 10 March 2008 I woke up to the most beautiful smell of perfume in my room. Then exactly five years to the day (10 March 2013) I returned from church and my house was filled with the smell of perfume. It was so strong that my husband thought I had sprayed the whole bottle on myself. What concerns me about your story is the paper moving by itself. My thoughts is that you discuss this with your pastor. It sounds like an entity has somehow attached itself to you. If this is the case you need to get rid of it asap. Blessings to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: