You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Faces

Real Ghost Stories

Faces

 

I have been reading this site for quite sometime now and I finally had the courage to tell one of my stories.

Ever since I was a young girl I was very aware of the other plane. We shall put it that way. And being a young child seeing certain things would scare me and give me nightmares. For example at my parents' house I would often see shadows, out of the corner of my eye, or the time I talked with my grandfather and he was actually dead - since my father was 3 months old.

Yes - Weird does not even begin to cover it, and I have learned how to deal with them, or at least not letting fear control my life.

At a certain point I started seeing faces when I closed my eyes, faces I cannot identify and always in the dark, and they are always with color. One time their are blue, other times red, green, rarely they have several colors and I always feel like I am being watched. When this happens I find it hard to breath, or move because I am too scared. I have tried to understand if the colors are connected to my humor that day but I can't find a pattern.

The sensation I get is that they are trying to tell me something. I just can't understand what. If I concentrate too hard they disappear. That is when I feel more brave.

It doesn't matter where I am, alone or not, so that makes no difference either.

Has anyone experienced this before? Or know what they are? I have tried to search stories similar to mine but no joy. It would be great if there was something I could do.

Thanks in Advance

Lisa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LisaP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Caz (342 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-14)
Hi Lisa,
I don't see them every night either. It just depends how tired I am. I like to read in bed before sleeping and if I'm really enjoying my book, I'll read until my eyelids begin to droop. When that happens, I'll put the book away and am usually in the land of nod in seconds, so before the faces have a chance to develop. If I settle down before I'm really ready for sleep, they'll start to appear. As I said before though, I find them quite fascinating, so I do look for them, but if anything scary turns up, I just open my eyes and they're gone when I close them again!
LisaP (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-14)
Hey Caz,

Also I don't see them every night. Maybe that's important to. Don't know.

Yes I will. Thanks 😊
Caz (342 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-14)
Thanks for the response Lisa. I could've sworn it was the light, but I now know better, because I did a little experiment last night. I put my hands tightly over my eyes so no light could possibly get through and was amazed to find 'I could still see all the colours'! Hmmm... (scratching head)
I know there's nothing bad in my house, but that's not to say there's nothing in yours, so the cleansing is a good idea. Please let us know how you get on! Best wishes!
LisaP (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-13)
Hi Miandra,

Thanks I will take your advice:) I am sure it will help.
LisaP (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-13)
Hi Caz,

No light. I sleep with no lights on. And I have seen the same face more than once.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Hello LisaP,

I have have never experienced what you're experiencing.

Sorry, I don't know how to help you other than suggesting a cleansing and shielding ritual that was suggested by CuriousDee a very knowledgeable and helpful member here on YGS.

Rookdygin is a valued member here on YGS too and he has instructions on his profile page. Scroll down half way on his bio and you will find the ritual.

I've been doing his ritual for a few months now. It makes me feel safe.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Hope it all goes well.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Caz (342 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Hello again Lisa,
I'm pretty sure I only see these things because the light shining through my eyelids allows me to see a myriad of colours, which my 'usually half asleep' brain somehow transforms into faces. I find this quite fascinating, but I'm pretty sure that's all it is, in my case anyway. I think if someone was trying to tell me something, they'd keep coming back, but they never do. I have never 'ever' seen the same face twice. Also unlike you, I have never seen a face made up of a single, solid block of colour. Even the Gorilla I saw a couple of nights ago had different shades of black and a hint of brown, so maybe we're different after all! If you wouldn't mind, it may be helpful to know if you do have a light in your room when you see these faces!
LisaP (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Hi Caz,

Mine are exactly as you are describing them, "faces behind my closed eyelids... And they move too".

No, no I get what you are saying, but I can't shake the feeling that they mean something.
LisaP (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Hi DeliverDawn, thanks for your comment. Yes I have consider it as well. But sometimes it makes sense others it does not.

I did not try a cleansing before. Would you recommend anything?
Caz (342 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
Lisa...I should have added that I too see all the different colours and the faces against a dark background, but I've always put that down to the fact I'm unable to sleep in a pitch black room, so I always leave a lamp on. Just wondered if there's any light in your room when you see the faces!
Caz (342 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
Hello Lisa and welcome to YGS!
Yes...I often see faces behind my closed eyelids when I'm tired and they move too. LOL... Last night I saw a lady with very straight blonde hair and that was followed by the side view of a big Gorilla's head with his mouth opening and closing. Sometimes the faces are demonic and quite scary and I block those ones out of my head, but in all honesty, I've never seen any of this as paranormal and I don't feel they are trying to tell me anything. For me, it's more like seeing faces in the very tall hedge in my garden, or sometimes in the clouds! Do you think there's any chance both you and I just have good imaginations? Please don't take that as derogatory. Yours may well be paranormal, but I don't think mine are, so I don't let it worry me. Hope this helps!
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
Just to be clear, have you ever looked at other meanings of colors, aside from moods? Have you perhaps considered that if the face is red, something is trying to tell you to further embrace the traits of the color red--creativity, passion, sexual desire, the root chakra, anger, love, etc., etc., etc? It seems like something that you may have already considered before, but like I said, I wanted to cover all the bases before writing anything off 😳

Next~ have you tried to do a cleansing on yourself or your area?
LisaP (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-09)
Hi RCRuskin,

Thank you for getting back to me.

1.I did keep a journal in which to try and find a pattern. No correlation with mood either. For example I went to bed sad, it would be blue, the other time could have several colors, other time red...

2. A few years back I had tumors and I asked the doctor to do a full check up, this was a doctor that new me every since I was a little girl. I explained what was going on, of course he did not believe me but he humored me. Nothing. Everything was ok. (other than the tumors... But not related).

3. I think that because their lips are moving, I can see facial expressions... But I can't see them clearly enough to understand. Or long enough. When I try to concentrate on one it goes away and another starts to show...

Lisa
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-08)
Hi, Lisa. Interesting experience.

I hope you're well and have a few questions.

1. The colors of the faces and your mood. Did you keep a journal/diary and note when you saw these faces? Hoping there is some data we could go on; we don't need to know what you did on any given day as such, just if it was a happy, sad, angry, etc. Day.

2. Have you checked with your health care professional? Doctor or whomever. Many of us always recommend eliminating physical causes to these experiences. Personally, I'm suspicious of stuff seen out of the corner of the eye, and sometimes what is right in front of me, but the newspaper is what it is... 'nuff politics.

3. What makes you think they're trying to tell you something? Do you hear voices when you see these faces? Hopefully, it is in a language you're familiar with, and not that annoying, just at the threshold of hearing, whisper.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: