You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Unpleasant Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

An Unpleasant Haunting

 

I like to think I'm quite open to the supernatural. I have experienced more spirits than most people my age and I have always been open to the unknown. I attribute it to my house.

I moved in there at the age of 6 (roughly). I encountered things that might seem tame compared to other stories - but for me it was terrifying.

It started with nightmares. Dreams that a presence was out to get me. My family assumed it was any other "monster under my bed" fear every kid has. It wasn't. I'm not saying it's anything like Enfield or Amityville, but creepy stuff.

I started hearing whispers in my room - angry whispers. I knew I wasn't dreaming - I know if something is a dream or not. The whispers said stuff like "be quiet" or "shut up and listen". Wasn't my parents. My mum never tells me to shut up now - let alone when I was 6. The seemingly tame haunting took a physical turn.

One of our guests at our house heard screaming from the bathroom one night. Things went missing and reappeared. Bottles of squash showed up in the middle of the kitchen floor. Doors started to be opened or flung shut. Typical cliche horror movie stuff.

Then one time, a Lego figure was lobbed at my eye from across the room. My stepdad (who was a sceptic before he moved in) was freaking out and my mum was shaking. I was crying so much. Phones started being knocked off shelves at 3:00 every morning. My scariest experience was when I was in the shower one time and two hands came through the curtain and shoved me. I pulled the curtain away and no one was there.

Things died down considerably after that. I sometimes saw shadows out of the corner of my eye and we have all heard noises at early hours of morning. A few times I've seen an apparition staring at me through a window coming home from school (my friend saw it too).

Other minor stuff has happened. We sometimes joke the ghost likes us now. My mum has since told me she believed the spirit conjures up negative energy because she and my stepdad used to frequently argue when we first moved in and the woman who lived here before us stabbed her husband (not in the flat).

I have experienced much more outside of that house (including my dad's also haunted house.) This story was authentic and feel free to ask any questions in the comments.

Other hauntings by Filmbuff1234

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Filmbuff1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

quakebox (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
You have been through a lot thank you for sharing your stories and stay strong.
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-02)
Thank you oraclemache and I have read your story - very tragic and scary. I will keep this in mind if I ever have a similar experience. Thank you 😁
oraclemache (2 stories) (11 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-05-02)
Hi filmbuff,
I'm sorry your being terrorized. That's no fun.
We have on going but much milder episodes too. I think for a number of reasons.
One. I learned I am in control. This is my body, my space, my soul. I often repeat that out loud and say " you do not have permission to touch me, talk to me, invade my space in any way. I am a child of light and you can't hurt me. You are not welcome here."
If that doesn't make the episode stop I recite the lords prayer and that usually does it.
Let me clarify. In my opinion your religion or even if you have one isn't what protects you. It's your belief in its power. We shape our reality with our thoughts. We can do so much we with our minds if we just apply ourselves. I believe anyway.
Keeping that in mind I work to keep myself in check. I do not feed it my fear if I can help it.
Yes arguing and all that generates enetgy they feed off I think. So yes of that theory is correct your mom is on to something.
Many will disagree with me but I say don't acknowledge it. I believe it will intensify the activity. That's my experience anyway. Sometimes it can't be helped and that's when I do the steps I said previously.
I have discovered I can guess things accurately. I get pictures in my head that tell a story for a certain person. I don't call myself a medium. I am not skilled in that way in my opinion. However I am often right. In those instances I can tell the difference between contact to pass a message on and negative parasitic entities. In the cases it is to get me to pass a message on I will acknowledge but remain very guarded.
I would venture to guess you too guess right. Or sometimes you will say what some one is saying at the exact moment they do but don't really know why you blurted that out. Or a dream comes true?
Anne28 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-01)
It's a "relief", that, at least, the hauntings mellowed down a bit. Unlike before that they were so aggressive:)
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-28)
As for other previous tenants, I'm not sure. I would ask my landlord but he isn't around much (he lives mainly in Thailand).
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-28)
Integrist some things do still happen now but nothing major. For instance, I came home from school a few weeks ago and one of my shirts was layed out across the floor. Lady-glow, the man didn't die I think. The whispering and screaming was female. I'm glad it didn't escalate anymore too. The bottle of squash - my apologies it's an English term - like juice but really strong so you have to put water in it. Hope this clears a few things up
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-27)
It seems like you have seen many things in that house but - has this spirit ever tried to communicate with you?

Have you been able to corroborate if the previous tenant lady stabbed her husband and, if so, if he died?
Does your mother know the kind of relationship the previous tenants lead while living in that location?
When you hear the whispering, do you hear only one voice or more? Can you identify if the voice/s is/are male or female?
What about your guest, did they say if the screaming sounded like a man's or a woman's?

Did your parents do anything or asked for help after the Lego figure hit you? Did you tell them about the hands pushing you in the shower?
How was their reaction at seen that you were being hurt?
It seems like you were the main target for the activity and, in my opinion, it's odd that it would diminish instead of escalating after this incident. I'm glad it stopped terrorizing you.

Do you know any history of the house and the year in which it was built?

One more question, - what is a bottle of squash?
Obviously you are not talking about the game, is it some kind of pureed pumpkin?🎃😕
Integrist (83 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-27)
Hi Filmbuff,

Are these things still happening or is it over now?
That sounds like quite a scary childhood!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: