You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Of The Old Headmaster

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of The Old Headmaster

 

About a little over a year ago I started attending a drama club that I currently still go to every Saturday. I have come to believe the place is haunted. It is also a school on weekdays (important). My first lesson there was... Very unusual.

Some girls were taking photos of each other. They started looking through the photos and began to got very freaked out. I went to see if they were okay and what I saw was not something I've seen before.

In the first photo a blurred figure was photobombing the selfie behind one of them. The second one the blurred figure was closer. The third one, a girl standing in the middle didn't even show up in. I thought this was extremely peculiar - I have no idea why she wasn't in the photo. The last one, a blurred figure was right in front of the camera.

Someone started taking dozens of photos around the room which were all pretty unremarkable but 1 - a girl with a mangled face peering around a corner. I would share these photos but I don't actually have them on my phone unfortunately. Other strange stuff happened there too.

There has been grunting, yelling and loud noises coming from empty rooms. Figures walking down corridors and disappearing. One time, I saw someone go into one of the toilets. I also needed to go so I waited outside. And waited. And waited.

After 10 minutes of waiting and not hearing anything in the toilet I knocked on the door to see if the person was okay. No answer. I started to try to speak to the person - no answer. I saw the door was unlocked so I entered in case they fell down (I warned them before doing so) and to my amazement - there was no one there. Nobody came out as I was waiting - I was 100% sure of it.

I remembered that my dad attended the school when he was a boy. I asked him about it and he went pale. My dad proceeded to tell me that in WW2, the headmaster, his wife and kids were in a car on school grounds when a plane crashed into the car - killing them all. I looked up the school's history on the internet and it confirmed his story. My dad said there used to be a memorial at the school for the headmaster and his family.

Other hauntings by Filmbuff1234

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Filmbuff1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-08)
I am about to board a flight so I am dashing this out but I have a few possible leads. Wiki may be unyielding as in the USA we are accessing "Wikipedia.org.us" not ".uk" - maybe each has a few of its own differences. Though potentially tethered by my geography, I have found 2 sites that may prove productive.

Could this be the crash?
Https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/written-answers/1952/may/01/us-aircraft-accident-broadstairs

Or could it be found amongst these?
Https://www.manstonhistory.org.uk/timeline/
(Manston is very near by)
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
Is it not? Definitely on there when I looked and I don't see a reason why they possibly took it down. I've taken a couple but most people there are skeptics and I'll look like an idiot taking random photos. Nothing came up - also, it was only a few that came up unusual. Seeing as you have asked I'll take some today and see if anything comes up. I'll try to find another website that says about the history too.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-07-04)
Have you tried taking any pictures by yourself?
If it was that easy for the girls to photograph those anomalies it should be equally simple for anyone else to do it... Or so I hope.

Do you know if the pilot died in the crash too?

I didn't find anything about the history of the building in Wikipedia. 🤔
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-03)
I can't find any history of the school: (I would like to read it (about the WW2 Headmaster)
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-06-30)
Also, the girls who took the photos both left about 6 and 3 months ago.
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-30)
The history of the building was Wikipedia when I last looked. It is in a place in England called Broadstairs. The school was called Charles Dickens school.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-06-29)
And... Where is this school located?

I know that one of the rules of the site is not to disclose addresses in order to protect the privacy of people but, if the history of this building is already in the internet, it shouldn't be a problem to share the link with us, should it? 🤔

As for the pictures, have you asked any of the girls if they still have them and if they would mind to share them?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: