You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our New Scary House Part 1

Real Ghost Stories

Our New Scary House Part 1

 

Several years ago we came across a house for rent out in the foothills, we couldn't believe how cheap it was and grabbed it. We wanted to get out of the city and we loved all the cows and horses on the property. It was amazing how easy it was to get in, they never did a credit check on us or anything?

I'll never forget the evening we moved in. We were unloading the truck full of boxes. I had them all marked to make it easier. All of a sudden I felt like I was on a boat trying to walk on rough sea?! It was like the ground under me was literally moving! I didn't say a word about it, I didn't know what to think?

As I started putting clothes away the next day I went out to the garage (it was always so cold in there), and noticed clothes that were supposed to be in the bedroom. I had no idea HOW they got out there since I was alone and there was no one to blame it on. I just took them back in the bedroom.

This sort of thing would continue to happen the 3 years we lived there. I would find my towels for the bathroom in our hall closet where we keep our jackets. Once I went in the spare room and shoes were paired together backwards, the right shoe would be where the left shoe should go. I would find things in odd spots around the house, I found some chili peppers we grew one summer in my jacket in the closet. I have a big jewelry box and saw something red sticking out from underneath it... My sock that had been missing for months! Things would come up missing only to be sitting where you couldn't miss it months, even a year later?!

I got the shock of my life one morning when I woke up and went in the kitchen to make something for breakfast. My boyfriend always makes an egg sandwich for breakfast and leaves the frying pan on the stove top, he's done it for years. It wasn't there. I looked inside the oven, in all the cabinets and just didn't know where it was. Then I reached down below the stove and pulled open the broiler and there it was, all nice and clean?!

Mr. C has NEVER washed the dishes before and I couldn't wait for him to get home to ask him. I was standing at the door when he walked in and I asked him, he said NO I didn't wash the frying pan, I left it on the stove. When I showed him where it was (we never put anything in the broiler), he turned white as a sheet... Ghostly white!

I had so many incidents in that house and was so glad to move. I would cry for no reason and my energy was always gone. I would just drag myself around the house very sad, I'm never like that. I'm in a new house now... But I realize something has followed me. To be continued...

Other hauntings by Cherubim

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cherubim, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-09)
Thank you Lealeigh. Yes, I'm not on a roller coaster of emotions like I was before. I instantly felt better when we left! I had so many crazy incidents in that house. 😆

Oh how I wished I could have chuckled to valkricry, I think I was in shock for days after discovering that. My boyfriend was never a "believer" but that house changed him too. Yeah, I'd have been really happy if what ever was there would have helped me clean more and been friendlier. 😜 Thank you all so much for taking time to read my story.

I know Cups...I'm STILL waiting for certain items to just be sitting on a table top somewhere?! Strange how things we really like will come up missing. 😐
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-08)
Thanks for sharing, Cherubim! I just loved reading this... Can't wait for the next installment. I've encountered missing items turning up in odd places also... Still waiting to find a beloved paring knife! 🤔
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+6
4 years ago (2019-10-08)
Forgive me, Cherubim, but I did chuckle when you found the pan in the broiler, because you know that sort of thing happens to me and it made me feel a little less weird that it happens to someone else too!
At least it was clean! I guess be thankful for small things.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-08)
Cherubim,

I'm sorry that you had to go through such feelings while you lived there. Do you feel better now that you've moved?

It did make me smile about the chili peppers in the jacket. Also, the egg sandwich making because I love egg sandwiches.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: