You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our New Scary House Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Our New Scary House Part 2

 

As time went on I realized we were living in a haunted house. It started becoming more than items being moved around from one room to another, or things disappearing and reappearing again. Now whatever was in the house became focused on my jewelry box. I would open it to get a necklace I have hanging inside and see them all tangled together. I would wonder how they all got that way? So I'd take them all out and patiently untangle them. I don't wear my necklaces every day. Sometimes weeks would go by before I'd wear one. I'd open my jewelry box and they'd be all tangled up in knots again?! It would take me over an hour to untangle them! What's strange is I'd notice certain knots in the chains, they were deliberate as if someone took their time to do it.

Mr. C and I began to fight a lot and we never did before. He couldn't see what I did. One day after months of untangling knots in my necklaces I just brought the whole jewelry box out to show him, he knew I had just untangled them a few weeks ago! I asked him HOW was it happening? He started taking my chains out and seeing how they were in knots. I yelled at him saying it wasn't natural and that he knows it isn't! He spent over an hour unraveling my gold and silver chains, one was tangled so badly it broke. He finally agreed that it WAS strange and he just didn't know what to say. At least he was starting to see what I did.

Then I went to one of my trinket boxes to get a pretty lapel pin to wear on my blouse. They had all been unfastened with the pin sticking straight up?! I always close the pins so I won't get stuck from them. I took them out and closed them. Days later I went back and they were all opened with the pins sticking straight up in the air again! If I were to put my hand in without looking I could easily have injured myself. I sat on the edge of the bed and yelled out "WHO'S HERE?!" I began to cry and felt a heavy weight around me. I started to get depressed living in that house. Mr. C and I fought all the time now. I KNEW we had to get out of there, the house was tearing us apart and making me sick.

We finally found a place and it was a blessing to be leaving. As I mentioned in "Part 1" of this story (Editor's addition: https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=26858), I like to mark my boxes so I know what goes in which room. When I opened them up in our new house nothing was in the boxes as marked, and some of the boxes where half empty?!

A few weeks later I was kneeling at the bathtub cleaning it when something scratched me just above my ankle. I immediately stopped to look at it. It was throbbing with pain and also this intense itching. Later on I had two scratches on the front of my neck. I knew I had been followed to our new house and was scared.

I have a girlfriend that had been in Afghanistan at the time of these happenings. She was home now and had a friend that did paranormal investigations. I called her to do one and man oh man, did we get the scare of our lives! I don't know what's here or why it follows me, I just keep trying to deal with it by praying. I have smudged a few times before, but it didn't work.

Other hauntings by Cherubim

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cherubim, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-11-10)
Hi MrsRamsay, I do remember your story about the knots in the cords for the window blinds. That's amazing! My dad was a navy pilot and I'm familiar with some of the jewelry. I'm so sorry you got stuck with the pin?! Do ya think it was your late husband being a bit jealous? 😜
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-07)
MrsRamsay,

When I was reading the part about your first romantic dinner with your future husband it literally put a smile on my face. How very sweet. I'm sorry that you had to get a tetanus shot. Maybe it was Scott's idea of a joke.

In the house that I used to live in before, I was always wondering why there were knots in the cords for the blinds. Though, I suspect it was only the work of one of my buzzard nephews.

Best Wishes to you and to Cherubim,
- Maria ❤
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-07)
Hi Cherubim,
Your knot situation really hit home with me, as did the pin situation! I've mentioned in a couple stories here about my husband passing away at a young age. One of the first things I noticed after he died that was out of the ordinary was that the window blinds in our home would often become knotted (the strings that hang down). It was just myself and two toddlers living there, and I know it wasn't me (and they could not reach them). Here's the kicker: prior to Scott dying, it was in the news a lot about babies being strangled by mini-blind cords. He had been an Eagle Scout growing up and was very good with knots and very concerned about our girls' safety, and he would always put this knot in the blinds that would keep the strings up high so they couldn't be reached. I don't know the name of the knot, but you could un-do it simply by pulling once. After he died, every now and then I would notice knots in the blinds, but I didn't really get it. It probably took a couple years to make a connection, both with the paranormal but also with my late husband. Now, 25 years and four homes later, I still find my blinds knotted every once in awhile... The last time it was in my son's room. I feel that this is Scott's way of letting me know he's watching out for all of us, even my two children by my second husband (who was his friend in the military a long time ago)!

As for the pins/jewelry box thing: Scott had been a military pilot. The wives are given these tiny gold wings to wear, with two sharp points that you put through your clothing and then you put those little caps on the points in back (like earrings). I always kept mine in my jewelry box. Well, I had just moved to a new home (this was about six years after Scott died) and my jewelry box was in a moving box in my new closet (the moving box had been opened, but not unpacked yet and the jewelry box had not been taken out). I had met the man I'm married to now and this one Friday he was driving up from a nearby state to spend the weekend. My children were safely at their grandma's house, and I had cleaned my house, did the pre-cook on our first ever romantic dinner, and had taken a shower. I stepped out of the shower and walked over to the bedroom for something and felt a sharp stick in my foot. It was my little gold wings! I had to pull them out and believe it or not, had to go to the doctor just before closing to get a tetanus shot (it had been such a long time!) The entire weekend, my arm was killing me (sort of ruined the planned romance!) There is simply no explanation for those wings being outside the jewelry box where I could've stepped on them and I've always felt it was some kind of commentary from beyond. I've fortunately never experienced anything scary, but wanted to relay this.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-05)
Yes DarriuxDarkk, I think it's more than a mischievous ghost too. I've also been jolted out of my sleep with a long burn across my arm! 😨 My boyfriend was so freaked out he wouldn't sleep with me that night after seeing it, he stayed in the spare room.

I was told by some paranormal investigators there is more than one ghost/entity in my house LuciaJacinta. They aren't nice at all.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-31)
Hi, what bothers me most are the scratches you get from this unseen entity. I've read a lot of personal stories here on this site that those scratches means a lot more sinister than just an ordinary mischievous ghosts. I am worried it is something else and more evil.

Have you ever went to see a priest or anyone that can help?

Be safe and God bless.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-30)
Scary! I've gotten several books out of the library on mathematical theory. Very neat. A book written for kids called "The number Devil" is a favorite of mine and my kids. It's easy to read and a precursor into some deeper theories. It's more of a comedy not scary book. Anyway... I have heard of the chain knotting thing before often in the case of demons if you believe in them or just simply, some nasties. Anyway, as a practical idea... Use the pins to detangle the knots. When my necklaces used to twist up, I'd always use a pin to detangle.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-30)
I agree and have never looked for a holy man to help with such issues. A friend talked me into calling the church once for help, no one took me serious. Poltergeist hauntings really let you know they are there, there's no mistaking something is happening out of the ordinary. I hear it's a German word meaning "noisy ghost."
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-28)
I understand a poltergeist is attached to, and inadvertently caused by, an individual (or so I've read). If this is true, then I do not think smudging or blessing will work. I have not read up on how to suppress poltergeistic manifestations, but it may be worth looking up. If it is something more serious than a poltergeist, then cleansing by a holy man may be in order.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-24)
Yes Biblio, I believe there is something to the knot theory as it does make sense "mathematically," but these knots where unbelievable! I only wish I had taken a picture of how badly they were tangled so you could understand. 😐 I was worried too when I realized "it's" still with me, but I pray all the time and it does help me. Thank you for your care and concern.

I don't sleep in my chains anymore either RCRuskin because I toss and turn a lot as well. 😊 I DO thank you for reminding me of the knot theory, I really had forgotten about that and wish it were as simple as that.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-24)
Thanks, Biblio. I guess mathematicians are not a very imaginative bunch, are they? 😁

Anyway, not saying that is why the chains were knotted, Cherubim, only that it is an explanation. The chain on my cross gets knotted when I sleep because I get so much exercise, tossing and turning during the night.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Hi, Cherubim:

RC's mathematical find actually is called "Knot Theory." Fine when written, but ridiculous to say out loud: "I specialize in Knot Theory." It is a relatively new branch of Topology, which studies the way geometric shapes retain specific properties despite continuous deforming, turning, twisting, stretching, etc.

I learned about Topology back when my wife and I were only dating; she took me to see her friend's project at her college's annual science fair. You remember the nerds who built volcanoes in 5th or 6th grade? They become damned *terrifying* when they have access to multi-million dollar science lab facilities.

Sorry, hoping to help and got a bit carried away. I, too, am looking forward to the next installment of your narrative! Quite frankly, the idea that it moved with you is worrying the hell out of me!

Best,
Biblio.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
I do too lady-glow, 😨 I never know what's going to happen next?! Thank you for taking the time to read.

I finally put small nails in my bedroom wall and hung many of my necklaces there Lealeigh, it seems to have solved the problem. The paranormal investigation is a story in itself, I'll have to write about that soon. Thank your for your interest. 😉

That's fascinating RCRuskin about the knots. I'll never buy into the notion that these knots were caused by walking across the floor. 😜 But thank you for sharing that and reading my story. I'll never understand why the pins were sticking straight up except to hurt me.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Cherubim - that ghost sounds like a real pain on the neck!
As much as I enjoy reading about your experiences, I wish this could be the last one of them... It must be terrible not to be able to put a stop to these shenanigans.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Hi Cherubim,

The thing with the pins is really strange!

For some reason, I like finding a big ball of tangled up jewelry. It's like a puzzle. My mother hands me a ball of tangled up necklaces every now and then.

What happened with the paranormal investigation?

Best Wishes, Maria ❤
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Hi, Cherubim. I'm seeing a long list of new stories, going to be looking for the next part of this one.

Just an observation: I happened upon a new branch of mathematics recently, though I cannot recall what it is called. But it deals with the knots that spontaneously appear in earbud and earphone cords, necklace chains, hangers on a rod... The knots can spontaneously appear with minor vibrations, such as walking across a floor.

Still...

The pins being uncapped and pointy side up... I haven't seen any math to explain that.

P.S. I hate math.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: