You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Spoke To My Mum

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Spoke To My Mum

 

We've lived in this house for the past 20ish years, pretty much my whole life and it is a relatively old house. In its current form it was built in the 1940s after our town was destroyed by the war but previous to this there had been foundations of another home so it's more likely than not that something is attached to the house or at least the land.

Over the years we've had several "experiences" from footsteps in the upstairs bedrooms (notably seeming to come from areas that are no longer walk-able due to built in furniture like wardrobes and window-seats etc) to things seemingly being thrown from shelves, objects that seem to be lifted up several inches before being dropped with great force to the ground- we usually try and explain these away with more logical explanations but having seen a perfume bottle separate from its lid mid-air and have both pieces fly in different directions or seeing books be swiped from a shelf and travel several metres across a bedroom this becomes increasingly difficult to explain away- however it's always relatively harmless.

Another incident that is difficult to explain involves my younger siblings. When my brother was very young he woke up one morning and informed the family that during the night he got out of bed and came downstairs where a lady yelled at him to get back to his bed. My sister went on to tell us an identical story several years later (each sibling had been around 2/3 years old when this happened and it only ever happened to each child once). We have over the years tried to explain this as they've probably dreamt it but the fact that both described the lady in nearly identical manners does worry us especially since by the time my sister claims to have come across the "blue lady" my brother could no longer recall it making it nearly impossible that he told her about it.

They claim to have seen this lady in the newer part of our home which my family built in 2006- I've never felt too comfortable in that part of the house despite it being the newest area. All that was on that ground before we built there was a single blossom tree and grass.

Several years have passed without too much incident- the books being thrown several metres across my bedroom a few months back had been the only solid activity I can recall for a few years. However, my mother woke up a few mornings ago and was on her phone checking social media and whatever else when she thought she heard my sister coming down the hall (my sister always asks my mum to do her hair in the mornings despite being old enough to do it herself) on this particular morning my mum couldn't be bothered doing my sisters hair so pretended to be asleep. After a few seconds she heard a voice saying "mum. Mum. Mummy" she kept her eyes shut still thinking this was my sister and feeling as though a person was stood at the side of her bed. However when several minutes passed and my "sister" hadn't tapped my mum's shoulder or jumped onto her bed my mum opened her eyes to see nobody had been in her room at all.

My parents' bedroom is directly above the room where my siblings say the lady yelled at them, however both siblings claim the lady was very old while my mum says the voice was a young child.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what is going on. There definitely doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to the activity and things can start and end just as quickly- the most common thing being the footsteps and the least common being this new "voice". Having lived here so long I'm not entirely bothered by most of the things that happen as they've never harmed any of us but the voice calling out to my mum and addressing her did spook us slightly as it is the most concrete thing that has happened here.

Other hauntings by User3246

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, User3246, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MelissaLundquist (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-11)
To me it sounds like there is A poltergeist or two in your home a ghost that loves to play tricks
DaughterofDarkness (3 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-09-09)
Hey User3246!

I have a narration channel on YouTube where I narrate people's real life ghostly tales. I would love permission to use your story.

I would give you onscreen credit (or you can choose to remain anonymous) and link back to the page on this website page.

Here is a link to my channel if you'd like to check it out before giving me an answer www.youtube.com/c/daughterofdarkness

You may email me at DaughterofDarkness_Stories [at] Protonmail.com

Please let me know!
Daughter of Darkness
User3246 (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-09-08)
LightMight, now that you've mentioned it there did seem to be more activity when my siblings and I were all 16 and younger- I've never actually thought about it like that, but having said that I was also home alone a lot more from the ages of 13-18 so maybe I was just more aware of things/didn't have someone else to blame the noise on.
It feels more as though you're being watched or there's someone always just out of sight more than they want your attention. When I was younger my mum used to just tell me to tell them to go away because they were scaring me out loud and usually the feeling would pass, I haven't done that for years though.

It's strange of all the rooms I feel uneasy in it's the one that's the newest- the ground it was built on used to be my favourite part of the garden, it wasn't until we built onto the house I started feeling uneasy on that ground. It's a room I would have sleepovers in, friends would hang out in and when I was older most party activity would be in there so it should be a happy room that I associate with friends and stuff but for whatever reason it's always been a room that doesn't sit right with me and I rarely stay in it alone past dark.
It feels like there's maybe a few different things/beings/energies in the house; one that's responsible for the footsteps, one that seems to like throwing things, the lady with the blue hair/whatever is in the new room and then possibly a child which is what spoke to my mother.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-08-27)
User3246, I really enjoyed your story, and I can empathize with your situation you've dealt with at home. I agree, to some extent, with what the previous poster said about this sounding like a residual haunting (in regard to the footsteps and voices).

As far as the moving objects go, I do think that there's a good possibility that you've also had some intelligent haunting going on in that home. Did you ever feel like someone, or some thing was trying to get your attention? Also, you mentioned your younger siblings; it makes me wonder if the activity ramped up during the time that there was a lot of youthful energy in your house?

Sometimes living in an active home, whether we are comfortable with it or not, can cause tension and anxiety. You mentioned in your post that you would be only half surprised if you were to see someone standing in that room that you feel uneasy in. It sounds like you are picking up on something; possibly leftover negative energy from the past, or maybe even a spirit?

Take Care, LightMight
User3246 (2 stories) (2 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-29)
My mum says the voice was similar to an urgent whisper and definitely a child/ young persons voice, I personally think she only heard it as my sisters voice because she believed that's who was standing there and so would've just assumed any childlike voice to be coming from my sister.
The stone tape theory does sound kind of similar to what happened- we always found it strange that it happened in the part of the house that only our family had ever lived in. My siblings basically described the lady as being all in blue, I've had one friend mention she thought there was a blue light moving around the room my siblings say they seen this blue lady in but we never took her too seriously (I don't know if we ever told her about the "blue lady" or not). My gran also thought the description matched her mother's appearance but to be honest it was just a generic old lady description. I've always felt uneasy about that room, I never liked being in it at night or alone,I'd leave it as soon as my friends went home or my siblings went upstairs. Sometimes there's a feeling about it that if I were to walk around the door and look into the room someone would be stood there- it's the most convincing thing that despite knowing nobody would be in the room I'd still only be half surprised if someone walked out of it.
Art3mis (2 stories) (3 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-28)
Have you ever heard of the stone tape theory? To me the old woman telling the children (your siblings) to go to their room in the same way, while looking and acting exactly the same sounds like a residual or "recorded" haunting. As for the voice, did it sound to your mom like your sisters voice, or was the voice different/unfamiliar?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: