You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Good and Evil

Real Ghost Stories

Good and Evil

 

I was 16 and I had just met this really cool girl. We became instant friends. As time went on we got closer and closer. One night, she let me in on the little secret that her mother and her practiced witchcraft. At first I was skeptical because my faith runs deep. They explained that white magic was ok and it convinced me. After a few weeks of just "playing" around (I thought it was a bunch of BS, so I didn't ever take it seriously), one night, they told me I needed to find my spirit guide and told me how to do this in steps. I had to do this precisely because if I did it wrong, I would get a bad / evil spirit guide (their spirit guide was named Simon and he guided them through the other side). I was supposed to do this mentally when I was between light sleep and deep sleep.

I never tried it though, but subconsciously I must have because the following events happened. I'm not even sure if these events are related.

I was sleeping in the new bed my step-grandfather had bought me. It was a little canopy bed but it was really old. Well, I woke up to find that I couldn't move. I was paralyzed with my feet spread and my arms away from my sides palms up. I was shaking, it was like having a seizure with tears running down my face (I have never had any medical problems) but I was conscious during the whole thing. I saw my dog trying to jump on the bed, but something kept blocking her. There was a hovering cloud of blackness over me trying to suffocate me. I had the distinct feeling that I was going to die and it was very clear to me that this "presence" intention was to kill me. It was full of evil, you could just feel it. I remember seeing out of the corner of my eye a white mist, but it was a very thick mist and I got the distinct "presence" of good. I felt a sorrow, I knew it was crying like it was losing something important. I could hear it saying "just let me help, just say the words and you will be safe. Believe in me and I will walk beside you".

The whole time I am shaking (coming up off of the bed) and crying, trying to scream and kick out of this and get the evil that was weighing on my chest trying to kill me off! And then I caught a glimpse of the white mist that saved my life that night. I remember what it had said and remembered thinking "I am to young to die, I have not experienced life yet!". I started to pray and the more I prayed, the worse the shaking became and once I said Amen, the black evil spirit vanished and I was able to kick out of it and run to my parents bedroom banging on the door.

Daring not to look back into the room because somewhere in my heart, I knew that there was something like a battle taking place in there. After a couple of hours, I went back in there and laid back in the same bed and nothing ever happened, just a sense of calm came over me. Now I can sense more than the average person, whether it be a mood somebody is hiding or somebody else in the room that is not alive. Maybe I am just crazy though?

At first I thought that maybe a spirit had come with the bed and was angry that I was sleeping in it. What do you think? Or maybe I stepped into a realm where I was not invited?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

mheitmeyer (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
From my several experiences hunting ghosts, I have learned that even just trying to talk to an entity can lead to bad things. I could believe that something you did or your friend did, even with the best intentions led to something bad effecting you. I do fully believe that something good was there and did help you. And I fully believe specific faith has nothing to do with this. Faith of any sort is enough to help. I believe in a god simply because of the effect gods name has on negative entities/spirits/demons. But I am not christian, catholic. I have never been to church. I do not practice any religion. But I have asked for god help when I have had a negative interaction with a negative force and found that I got the help I needed. Any thing you do when dealing with entities/spirits/demons/ghosts... Whatever it is, you are always making a risk by doing so.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
This successful banishment of the dark entity has nothing to do with being Christian. The intention is the important part. Christianity does not hold monopoly upon exorcism or banishment. During psychic attack the visualisation of angelic seals, a protective symbol, being a pentacle or crucifix, is equally as effective. Forgive me, but I just get so incredibly over Christians jumping up and down babbling dogma on this site.
Chookie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
This is not for the living. That's why they are there and we are here. You should of never done that. You need to ask for forgiveness and pray. These things are going to be after you until you gain faith, repent and ask for forgiveness. You opened a portal another way. And now they are here. With you.
t3h_h0bbitz (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
The fact that you "had to be between light sleep and deep sleep" should be a red light. I don't think sleep paralysis is something that can be scientifically studied. I also believe these "ghosts" are not ghosts at all. I believe that they are demons.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Well, something defininitely came to you, while you were in that bed. I would pray, and keep holy objects around, I Catholic, but any Christian faith will do the same, it is the faith behind the belief that gives us the power to fight evil.
JadedDragon (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Wow, glad that particular event never happened to me, I agree with folks about cleansing antique, or even store bought brand new items, eneergy attaches itself to a lot of things.

On another note, I had a similar experience, I was dreaming that we, as in my sister and I were visiting my mother in like an insane assylum or nursing home, she was there in a hospital bed and there were other people visiting other residents. I was younger in the dream and sitting in my sister's lap, we were conversing the three of us, then my sister wraps her hand around my throat and starts strangling me, it felt so real, like her thumbs were going right threw my throat. I woke up to that same sensation, like being throtled, and there was a horrible smell in the bedroom( All the lights were on btw, I almost never shut off lights at night) I was so freaked out by this I stayed awake until dawn that night (I lived alone with my cat at the time, in a 2 bedroom townhouse that was newly built) But it was the feeling of still being choked afterr waking up that lingers with me, this was back in 1999.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
Jessy made a point, the first one that popped into my head as I read your story. When buying old pieces of furinture, you should do a cleasning on them - sometimes spirits/ghosts can attach themselves to items and travel with them. You might want to do some checking around on the history of the bed, it may help give some clues.
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-28)
thats creepy. You should ready my story about my boyfriend being attacked by a demon. It sounds similiar. Both of your theories could be right though. I, personally would never buy a bed someone else sleeped in unless I knew the history behind it.
lovable_outcast (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-16)
I too can kind of sense what people are feeling and when someone is there(alive or not)...its possible the ghost didnt like you not beliving and maybe you were in their old bed...maybe both,good luck...hope someone else helps you better than I probrably did!!!
chicano457 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-15)
what faith are you? if you are christian talk to your pastor for some answers. evil spirits walk around to kill people my brother was attacked by a spirit too. he was laying on his floor at his home listening to music and he say he felt a person lay on top of him. he thought it was his wife but when he opened his eyes it was some other woman white lady. he said that all of a sudden she turned it a ugly evil old lady and he started praying and the she just vanished..............read my experiance demons among us

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: