You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghostly Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Cat

 

In September of this year, my fiance and I adopted a beautiful female kitten. She's black, white, and ginger. I believe she's a Calico and Rag Doll mix. She has the most playful and loving personalities in a cat I've ever seen and is basically just a little bundle of pure joy.

Anyway, after a few weeks of her living in her new home and us getting used to having a kitten around, me and my fiance began seeing another cat.

For our kitten's own safety we put her in the sitting room at night with all her toys, some food and water, a bed and a litter tray and we check on her throughout the night too just to make sure she's okay. She's normally asleep on the sofa, snoozing in her little bed or playing with her toys, or just plain getting up to no good as kittens usually do. That being said, we now know it wasn't our kitten that we were seeing.

I was woken one night by what felt like a cat jumping onto the bottom of the bed and walking over my legs/feet. I sat up a little and looked to see what I thought was our kitten as it was rather small and white. It then jumped off the bottom of the bed and went towards the other end of our room. I promptly woke my fiance up and told him that the kitten had somehow gotten out of the sitting room. Well, we checked and checked and checked our room but couldn't find any sign of a cat whatsoever and when we went down to check on our kitten she was still in the sitting room minding her own business, with the door still firmly closed. I couldn't explain it and my fiance said I must have dreamt it which I know for a fact that I didn't because whatever it was, woke me up out of a deep sleep in the middle of the night.

I kept on seeing what I thought was our kitten on and off out of the corner of my eye for a few more days after that incident but nothing quite as direct. My fiance, however, had an encounter of his own a few days later.

We were getting ready for bed one night and my fiance was standing in our bedroom doorway putting on his pj bottoms when he suddenly turned around and clear as day saw a cat sitting there watching him, thinking it was our kitten he went to pick it up and ask her what she was doing out of the sitting room and how she had gotten out, not that she could have told him anyway, when he realized it wasn't actually her. Before he could even speak, the misty white cat as he explained it ran off rather quickly down the landing away from our room and disappeared into nothing.

We haven't seen anything of it since and can't explain any of it.

Other hauntings by lilpeachyghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilpeachyghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
awe, maybe it's sire or mother. Or siblings, this is so so so sweet, I saw this story yesterday but didn't read it,
lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-03)
Hi BrokenTree, we haven't seen or heard or felt anything of this other ghostly kitty since those few incidents. My mum has had several cats in the past, one being completely white. We thought maybe it was him just coming to check out his new sister and see how she's doing and how she's settling in. Just a guess.

Hello mythem, oops I'm not good with cat/dog breeds haha! Yeah, you could be right, it could be one of my mum's other cats that passed on years ago coming to say hi. It could be a spirit quite but I'm not sure why it would appear to both of us. I really hope it's not any of our kitten's siblings that passed away, that would be really sad. And you're not wrong there, a nice ghost cat is always welcome.:)
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Two cats for the price of one! I think it's rather nice and I've had the same experience. The other kitty shouldn't be hanging around though and it's time to tell it to move on. This happened with me and my Mum's deceased cat Tommi. I was clearing up her house so I could put it up for sale. I just stayed there while I did this since I didn't live very close by. One night, shortly after I went to bed I spotted Tommi in the room and she came over and jumped up on the bed. She cuddled against my leg. I loved that cat as much as Mum did but she did not belong there anymore. I talked to her and told her that she had move on and wait for Mum as she would be joining her soon (Mum had cancer). Tommi slowly faded from view but I could still feel her against my leg. I said a prayer to my favorite angel to see if she could be guided home. It worked as I saw nothing and felt nothing of her around for the rest of the week. I don't want to trivialize this astounding experience but it is not my first rodeo.
I would suggest you try talking to this cat when you see it or feel it about. I don't know if you believe in angels but if you do you might want to give a shout out. You're probably thinking that I'm off my nut when I say talk to the cat but there is a tear in the veil and things are very different from what they used to be. The animal will understand you perfectly. Just give it a try.
I also have one last thing. If you believe that your kitten is part Rag Doll then you must never let her outside by herself. Leash training can begin now. Rag Dolls are very loving and trusting kitties and will follow anyone home. There is also no reason for a cat to go outside anyway. In fact, they will be much healthier if they are housebound. Ask you vet if you have any questions about this and don't forget "Spay and neuter your pet."
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Guessing the behavior of the "ghostly cat" in the story you, it is curious of something in your house. Did it appear when you got your kitten? I have heard that animal spirits usually will not know that it already doesn't belong to this world has your fiancée got it to understand that it is a spirit and not "real"?

You guys can actually pray (any religion any prayer or chants) for it if you think you should do something.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
mythem (guest)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
Hi, lilpeachyghost.

First of all, calico is a coloration, not a breed. (Not to be rude or anything, just thought I'd point that out)

About the ghost cat, maybe it was lonely and when you got your own kitten it showed itself, wanting a playmate. Or, maybe it was jealous you got another cat and decided to let you know It's there. A less likely theory is that the little white cat is yours or your fiancee's spirit guide. Or maybe it was one of your calico kitten's siblings that passed away. It's hard to know for sure, but either way, a nice ghost cat can be a welcomed friend in anyone's house.😊

Best of luck,
Mythem

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: