You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: What Made Me A Believer

Real Ghost Stories

What Made Me A Believer

 

For starters, after this I have become a firm believer in the paranormal. I'm now 14 and have had many experiences. My first one was when I was 8 or 9 years old. Then I thought people were joking with me about ghosts and just trying to scare me. Soon I would be wrong and then I had no idea...

I was sleeping at my friend Bri's house and she had told me that her house was haunted the minute her parents left to go to dinner at their neighbors. I just laughed at her and proceeded coloring. A few minutes after we had settled into their couch I heard someone coming down the stairs. I thought it was Bri's dog, Max, but I was mistaken when he jumped up from the other side of the couch, Bri and I looked at each other and she just went back to her coloring book. "Bri what's going on?" I whispered as the blanket next to me formed the shape as if someone was sitting there. "Rachel, meet Mike." she calmly said glancing next to me. "Yeah, right like I'm going to believe there is a ghost named "Mike" sitting next to me" I rebelled glaring at her throwing my crayon on the coffee table. As I was about to storm out of the room something like a shadow ran across the room and tackled me. "Sorry Rach that's Mike's brother, Daniel, and he likes to play fight." she said casually laughing at my horrified face as I lifted myself off the ground.

At this point I was a little scared but just brushed it off as something wrong with her house. I just sat back down and colored until it was time for bed. Most kids my age were impressionable and believed everything people told them; not me I was and still am a skeptic.

Her parents still hadn't gotten home and I was starting to become paranoid. "Rachel, I know you think I'm messing with you... Listen Mike and Daniel died here before I was born. Someone just came into their house and killed them in their sleep when their parents were out. Sometimes they can show themselves to me. I think they are going to try to show you" Bri said opening her door letting me walk in first.

After about an hour of watching TV Bri looked behind me and started smiling. I was afraid; as her talk and the darkness of the room were starting to go to my head. I slowly rotated my head turning to look at the misty formation of two boys standing side by side. I started moving towards them getting my courage up. When I did Mike reached out and touched my hand, but his went right through mine. The next morning I went home never going back. Bri and I lost our friendship when I moved to Texas a few weeks after my experience.

Sometimes I dream about Mike and Daniel. They say you never forget what makes you change your mind. This experience started my infatuation with the paranormal. For some of you this may seem farfetched. Like I'm just some stupid kid making up stories. But I've been reading stories on this website for a while now and I finally got an account.

There will be more to come... I have many stories to tell.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rachel_4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
Rachel__4 - did I miss the part in your story where there was someone older than you and your friend in the home when Bri's parents left? 🤔
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
I don't know what to make of this story... Believe it? Don't believe it? You were tackled by a ghost and you just brushed it off? I've had years of experiences with the paranormal and if I was tackled by a ghost I would #!?* myself.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
I am With Lady-glow I been wonder that too have you wonder to find your friend Bri and the ghosts Brothers maybe find her in facebook like Lady-glow say.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
Was this your first paranormal experience?
Did you ever reserch the history of Bri's house to find out if those two boys were murdered the way she told you?
How did Bri learn what happened to the ghost brothers?
What was the reaction of Max, the dog, on the presence of the ghosts?
Do you know if Bri's parents were aware of the spirits presence?

Your story is interesting and spooky, but I think it would be nice if you could add more information to it. Perhaps you could try to find Bri in facebook and find out if she still lives in the same place.

Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: