You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Radio

Real Ghost Stories

The Radio

 

I was 17 and sitting alone in the living room watching Tv. It was about 11:30 at night. Everyone else had already gone to bed. I've always been a night owl, so it wasn't uncommon for me. I had a habit of sitting in the living room with the Tv on while I played my PlayStation Portable. Nothing out of the ordinary for me.

Having this habit, it wasn't unusual for me to hear or see strange things. I'd experienced plenty through out the years. This one just stands out because I find it kind of funny.

As I sat there playing my game, out of no where a clock radio that my mom had sitting on the fireplace mantle turned on and started skipping through radio stations. Note that this was an analog radio, meaning that you had to physically rotate the tuner to find a station. After about 3 seconds, it turns off. I even hear the click of the switch.

I thought it was weird but whatever and went back to my game.

About 6 seconds after that, it turned on again and once more started cycling through stations.

This is where I find it kind of funny because I blurt out "Would you stop?!", and instantly right after I had said that the radio switched off and didn't turn on again. And I hear what sounded like someone sit down on the couch by the fire place. I got the funny mental image of a ghostly person, sad and pouting, plopping down and start twiddling their thumbs.

The image made me feel bad and I actually apologize for sounding mean. I just didn't want my dad waking up and come storming into the living room yelling at me for making noise.

Other hauntings by ScareTale

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScareTale, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ScareTale (8 stories) (14 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-11)
Yes, one night in 2012 it was just me, my dad and little brother home. Around 1am, I decide that since its so quite and not many people were there I'd do an EVP session.
I managed to get some low quality voices. The clearest one was in response to a question about a cat we had. She'd sit in the kitchen almost every night and meow like she would if someone was talking to her and be looking up.
I asked, "Are you the one Doodle (the cat) talks to at night.
And I get the response, "Doodle, she's nice" in a little girls voice. The next day, I let my mom and sister listen at different times with out telling them what I thought I heard and they hear the exact same thing.
Also there's a point in the recording that you her me sigh, right before you hear the sigh that same voice says what sounds like "Todd".
I know there's debate about dark entities using child like voices. But we have confirmed that in the early 1900s A little girl did in fact drown in the creek behind the house. My mom, dad and big sister have all seen her too. I've only heard her. Once on the EVP and another time when I made a joke to my nephew and a little girl giggled.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-10)
Yes that's also a possibility so far have you been able to make contact with any spirits?
ScareTale (8 stories) (14 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-09)
Honestly, the feeling I got at the time wasn't so much they wanted to listen to music as it was they just wanted to communicate with me. I'm the only person in that house that's ever made the effort to make contact and didn't say "screw this I'm out". My whole family has told me that the energy feels much happier when I'm there.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-09)
You are right that does seem like a funny experience, perhaps whatever or whomever that spirit was, just wanted to listen to some music.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: