You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Angel of Death

Real Ghost Stories

Angel of Death

 

Living in the ever present sense of being watched from afar by unseen forces, I was at my parents' home on a cold winter day, when the doorbell rang. Mom came in with a few packages from shopping, took them in her room as usual and closed the door behind her. This house was arranged with a long corridor separating three bedrooms from the living room, kitchen and bathroom. From the bedrooms you could enter the living room at the front of the house and the kitchen towards the rear.

I walked back into the kitchen from another door that led from the living room directly into the kitchen. From the other kitchen entrance leading into the corridor I noticed a large shadowy silhouette on the far wall. It was the rounded part of an angel wing as portrayed in photos. It was so big; I didn't immediately notice the shape of the head on the ceiling. I first assumed it was a shadow of something new in the room, but found nothing that was rounded at the top, nor any combination of things that would give that shape.

Realizing it was the angel of death, I heard told about. I backed up, keeping my eyes on the figure as long as possible backing into the living room. The shadow was now at the front of the house, on the same wall. I walked forward back into the kitchen, there it was again. I backed up slowly and the thing floated toward the living. I did this four or five times, each time the image moved with me as if it was going to meet me in the other room and stopped at the other entrance of the corridor. Mom came out of her room and the image vanished.

A couple of days later, I felt sluggish and somewhat grouchy; not well at all. I don't recall how the conversation went, when mom grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me violently and yelled "Satan turn loose of my daughter - in the name of Jesus..." It felt as if the world had been lifted from my shoulders. I looked up and saw a shadow of no particular from, rush out of the top of the living room door that leads outside. My head cleared, my energy returned and I felt great; a little baffled at what I saw, but I was back to normal.

Other hauntings by chelleck

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelleck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
That was creepy. Glad your ok

Mom to
Lilike Judith Elisabeth
June 25th 2003, 2:05pm
Locke Christopher Stephen
May 29th 2006, 5:20pm
Anjeni Katalin Nicole
July 22nd 2008, 9:26pm
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-23)
-chelleck-

I really feel for you. I was attacked by something very similar to what you describe. It was a very tall shadow figure maybe about 6-7 feet tall with big black wings coming from the back of it. I felt it was pure evil. Most shadow people don't really bother me but this one most certainly did. I had to pray to get rid of it.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
the archangel micheal isn't the angel of death the angel of death is azreal or along those lines he takes the souls of those who deceased to be judged by an council.

And note.

Not all demons are bad some betrayed satan to serve humanity and to be its last protectors if hell broke lose.

And ofcourse we know not all angels are good there are the fallen angels who serve satan and his rule.

Not all is what it seems.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
The angel of death isn't satan. Death is the one who takes souls to their afterlife, wether they be judged and sent to heaven or hell. Death is not a demon, or else everyone would be in trouble. I don't really know if Death is the Arch. Michael, since different christian religions depict the Angel of Death differently.

What you may have seen, was a demon. If you felt fear, then normally your body reacts with the fight, or flight response. Your mother may have seen some thing different, other than you being sluggish and cranky. She may have seen some thing disturbing within you. Its like when you look at the eyes of the pictures of serial killers. You see some thing that scares you, that some people may not see, and may even shrug off, but when you look, you know some thing bad is there.
Doggirl1 (1 stories) (4 posts)
-2
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
The angel of death isn't really an angel at all. He used to be. His name was Lucifer. Now its satan. Your mom did the right thing!
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
DemonSora,

I only saw a shadow of it, but I got the distinct feeling it was male.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Forgotten_angel,

I will not pick at you for posting. This is how I learn more about the experiences that I have. I am just now learning that there are different types of spirits beside simply good and bad.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
Was the Angel of Death girl or Boy? 😐 I like the Angel of Death!
Forgotten_angel (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-25)
Dear Chell,
I might be a little snug, but Angel of Death is actually a term for the God of death, which is Holy. The angel of pain is a different story. She is a messanger of Lucifer.
And don't pick at me for posting this please. I really hate how people being stereo typic. Also, when you hear 'all demons are bad' tell them NOT ALL DEMONS ARE BAD!
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Okay, I have been trying to send this indiviually, but it may be more effective posted here.

First I want to thank you all, for taking the time to read my little ghost story Angel of Death. I do not know if certain angels have specific purposes.

I have been taught that if you encounter a dark colored spirit, and you felt fear that it was an angel of Satan's. I felt some fear at the time, but felt if I could keep it at bay (on the other side of the room) it would not harm me, and with my mother in the next room I could call for help if need be, which gave me a little more courage, I stress little. I have seen dark spirits for many years, but so far they only seem to watch me, except for this one. It seemed I started getting groggy, grouchy and generally not feeling well the evening it vanished. After a couple of days I assumed I was coming down with a cold or my allergies were kicking in, until my mom shook me and a I saw this thing fly out of the door, then I was fine physically, but it grossed me out to think that was in me. Mentally I felt dirty, like women talk about after being raped.

I just know what I saw and felt and tried to interpret it according to my belief's the best way I knew how.

Also; I do not think I will be escorted out of the earthly realm if it is not my appointed time, no matter how many demons decide to visit me for whatever reason. God has that under control. However, as some of you mentioned it may have possibly been a warning, as I was not heeding to God at that time in my life. ❤
SnowClaw (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
I do not think you saw the angel of death, and even if you did, you shouldnt be worried. The Angel of death is actually a very calm and comforting angel. Anyways here is what I think happend:
Ok so whether you like it or not EVERYONE has a guardian angel. Your guardian angle is always with you but usually only shows it's self when in bad situations. I think your guardian angel knew that there was a demon in your house and showed itself and was following you just to protect you. Now you must understand that if you ask your guardian angel to leave they will. So when you said "Leave me alone!" Your guardian angel left and then over night the demon was able to get to you because your guardian angel was no longer around. I Never EVER suggest asking your guardian angel to leave for things such as this or worse could happen. I encourage you to call your Guardian Angel back. It's for the best.

~*Val*~
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
I just don't know how you came to the conclusion that it was an Angel of Death. Is your mother a very religious person? This almost sounds like some kind of theological hysteria on your mother's part. What made her think you were being possessed? You didn't feel well but you were certainly not dying. Not trying to trash anyone's beliefs but sounds like your mother may have over reacted.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
So you had a bad day, feeling sluggish and grouchy and your mom gives you a mini-exorcism? I would hate to ask what she'd do to you if you didn't finish all your peas at dinnertime. 😆 I'm sorry, I don't believe that you saw the Angel of Death (if it was, you wouldn't be here telling your story). Perhaps it was a hallucination.
nigheanruadh (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Have you ever thought that it was your eyes tricking you? Afterimages can cause very strange shadowy images that appear to move along with where you are looking. The reason I suggest this is that from what you have written, it sounds like you were backing up with your eyes constantly looking forward and the "shadow" following along similarly. I may have just interpreted what you wrote incorrectly though.

However, I've had this happen many times. When I was little, I used to see strange almost human like shapes moving around in my room wherever I looked. It scared the crap out of me then because I didn't know about afterimages. Later as I started to learn about how the human eye functions in school, I realized that it was because I was staring in the general direction of a shirt on a hanger, or a combination of objects that together in the form of an afterimage that looked human like. I performed my own little experiment to recreate the shapes I saw and found out it really was just funny shaped afterimages.

For more info on afterimages check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterimage

I do think you did see something, but maybe there was a simple, logical reason to it like an afterimage of one object or a combination of objects in the room, not that "the angel of death" was trying to get you. I also agree with whitebuffalo on the last part of your story where you were feeling groggy. 😊
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
What I do know here is that, if the angel of death appears to you, then it means that it is your time to go or it would actually serve as a warning. I agree with Bellissima that you will not be able to write this if it was the angel of death. Take Care.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Well as they say - Death and taxes, the only two things you can really count on. If it was death, you wouldn't be writing this. Sorry.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
I would agree with Rhodes here. I don't think it was Archangel Michael. Maybe a spirit playing tricks. People always think the Angel of death is evil. But death is something we all have to go through. Its just another chapter of life. And after death there is a whole new life. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Hi chelleck. I agree with FRAWIN that the story is a bit confusing. Can you please explain further why you thought that this was the angel of death? Thanks. 😁
iWereWolf (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
The Angel of death is given permission from God to take sinners to hell,

I personally think it's around 9 feet tall
or as tall as the stop sign,

I've always being fascinated about the angel of death. In the past people have mentoined seeing the death angel. I believe they are no threat but a warning. I would like to see one like you did chelleck, but I would never want to be the victim of being carried by one towards the gates of hell.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Well, chelleck, perhaps this Angel was not THE Angel of death. His job is not to possess, but to transport. He is like a guide that shows the way to the light so that our spirits can make it to the Other Side.
In your last paragraph you said you were groggy and grouchy, but you did not mention if it was in the middle of the day, if you had just woken up or if this just happened in a freak incident. Personally, when I am grouchy or groggy and someone were to shake me by the shoulders I would have to say I would "snap out of it" rather quickly also.
As the Angel seems to have been playing a game with you, by matching you step by step about the wall, I would say this was NOT the Angel of Death, but I can not answer why it would have appeared to you to have left your body after your mother shook you.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
I was wondering too what you mean by Angel of Death. Archangel Michael has been appointed this duty:to collect the souls of those who're about to pass on but, despite the nature of his "task", he's the Angel of Angels and NOT A DEMON! How can you even suggest that? Evenmore, had the Angel of Death come to "collect", I very much doubt your mum could've shaken Him off of you.
FRAWIN (guest)
-1
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
Hello chelleck. While I don't totally disbelieve your story, I am a little confused. Will you tell me how you came to the conclusion that it was the Angel of Death by just seeing the shadow on the wall. Also I didn't know that the death angel was evil and could possess someone.
I feel you may have experienced something but you read more into it than what was there. Thank you for your story and take care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: