You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something In The Back Room

Real Ghost Stories

Something In The Back Room

 

This happened when I was about 5 or 6. It happened in the back room of our old house. We used to use that room for storage, and it was partly my dads little gym. We used to move around a lot when I was younger, and this was the first house I lived in, and grew up in. There were very many weird things that would happen in that house. We've always linked it back to my grandfather.

A little bit about him, he is a Native American medicine man. He constantly has things following him. It would never come past that back room though. He did have a lot of his ceremonial things back there.

There was also something else in the garage; I used to refuse to walk in there alone because it had always felt like something was watching you. It was just too uncomfortable. There was one other room also, the living room, but in there it wasn't an uncomfortable, unwanted feeling. It was more of a, there's something in there, but it's not here to harm you feeling.

However, the back room was the worst. I refused to walk past the sliding glass door at night; it always felt like someone was watching you. I also refused to look outside because of the feeling I got.

The only times I went out there was when my grandfather was out there because whatever it was must of been afraid of him.

I was playing with my toys like usual by my dads little gym. I hadn't noticed my grandfather go back into his room, and I started to get that weird feeling. I had noticed though that everyone was in the dining room so I thought nothing of it and continued to play. I remember I looked over to see if my grandfather was still sitting there because I heard some papers and boxes being moved, and I saw nothing. It happened a few times and I was pretty freaked out by now.

About the fifth time I looked over there, there was a big black shape, and I had screamed. I don't remember very much else of it, but it had started to come near me. Before it even got half way through the room my dad had rushed out to see if I was okay. The black shape had just disappeared. After that, I never went back out there.

We used to have a dog named Bear, and he did growl many times at that room.

Anytime he went through there he would run through, and into the backyard. And every time I passed that room after that, I ran across. I would never go past it at night, or if no one was home.

I do know that there were a couple more strange happenings at this house too. Before we moved in, my mom had seen a baby stroller, and had asked about it, but when she had shown the owner what she was talking about, the stroller had vanished. A couple years later after my grandmother died, my dad had heard cabinets opening and closing, and figured it was one of my older sisters. When he walked out there, a few cabinets would be opened, and he'd check on my sisters and they'd be sound asleep.

That is what I remember in that house. Ever since we moved out though, I don't feel the need to be scared to walk past doors that don't have blinds on them, and I'm not afraid to be alone anywhere. Maybe it just stayed there? Because anytime we pass that house I still get that creepy feeling, or maybe it's just my subconscious replaying old memories.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katiev6661, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Wow there for sure was something in that house. Good thing that yourgranfather was a medicine man and protected you all. Did you ever talk about other things that happened in that house with your dad? You were young and you probably don know all the things that were going on in that house. I think this way because I don't think your parents wanted you to know everything. If you do find something knew let me us know. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
katie, hi. I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it.It's possible the spirits were attached to the house itself, or even to your grandfather as it sounds as if he passed away while you were living there.I'm curious if you've continued to have experiences with spirits, or was it just while you were living in that particular house. If it was only while you lived there and as you say, your parents had some experiences, then I think that supports the theory that the spirits were attached to that house.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I would think whatever was there was something stationary or was following your grandfather for whatever reason. After your grandfather passed it could have been his spirit opening cabinets. Again it could have been whatever was there from the get go instead. The baby stroller disappearing could have a logical explanation but unless it was possible for it to be stolen I don't know what to make of that.I'm glad these experiences didn't traumatize you. Do you feel you are still sensitive to paranormal activities or did that leave you as you grew older?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
When you say your Grand Father was a Medicine Man and he kept some of his tools in that room. What tyoe of tools are you talking about?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: