You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Tiny Lights of Gold and Silver

Real Ghost Stories

Tiny Lights of Gold and Silver

 

I have told quite a few stories here on YGS. This short one is something I experienced recently and is something new to me. I have experienced or researched the paranormal for the past 26 years and thought I had seen or experienced it all. I was wrong. This was something that I had never seen, read or heard about in all that time.

A few weeks ago I had just returned to my room after a day of work and was looking forward to a nice quite evening. I went into my kitchen to get something to drink and I was immediately surrounded by tiny lights of gold and silver or what I have come to call fairy dust/lights. This lasted for no more than a few seconds then they disappeared. Truthfully I thought I was just seeing things.

That is until it happened a second time. About a week after the first incident I had returned to my room after being out beach combing and I was getting ready for a shower when it happened again. I was completely surrounded by these tiny lights. They lasted for about a minute and then they were gone. I did not feel afraid or apprehensive of these tiny lights, just curious as to where they came from and what they could be.

I searched my room for anything that could possibly explain what it was I was seeing. I could find nothing. I have tried to research what these tiny lights could have been, but unfortunately I haven't been able to come up with anything as of yet. I will keep you all informed if I am able to locate any info on these lights or if anything new happens.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you all.

Other hauntings by Shane

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shane, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissAngelaA (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
I know this story is from several years back, but I had to comment: I'm so glad when we're reminded not all "ghost" or supernatural experiences are scary, some are nice and serene.
Rosee (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Dear Shane,
My Husband is very powerful on a Spiritual Level and is able to fight off many evil entities.
He is 11 years older than me, and when we met, he at around 51 and me at around 40 or so, we realised we had finally found "true, real, unconditional love, that we realised didn't exist in our previous relationships.
Twice, once in my home town on the other side of Australia, and once in his home town where we live now, he has seen what he describes as fairy lights all around me.
He takes these as good, or one of my Protectors.
Our current house is haunted and he is my Protector.
We are in the process of about to build a Home.
We are getting the whole block consecrated by a Priest.
Then the house all blessed and protected, before we move in.
Not taking any chances in the new house.
NO EVIL WANTED!
Any other tips Shane or anyone else on what to do seeing we have a clean slate to work on PLEASE?
Thanks.
Love hugs and kisses xox
yuri (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
Hello Shane,

Glad I'm not the only one who experienced the glittery dust. I'm not afraid though, but I find it beautiful to see. Only, it lasted a couple of seconds.

I usually see things like that esp. When I'm cleaning my room combined with the ray of sunlight. But this glittery dust I saw was different and I'm not cleaning that time. I was watching it as it hurled my hands. It was night time and it happened only last week.

Thank you for sharing, Shane.
Angelaandmaxthedragon (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
heart problem can cause one to see spots are lights as you say hopefully it is not it but have seen them and told my mother and she said it is your blood pressure.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Jacinta, The tiny white lights, because they're white, are believed to be highly spiritually advanced/of the angelic realm.
Jacinta (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Hi Shane,
I have been searching for an answer to these millions of tiny lights I see darting and flitting around, almost like little commas of light, ever since my six year old son asked me what they were. I was like can you see them too?! If I sit in daylight and disfocus my eyes they appear and they are always there, I just have to be still, relax and focus on the task of unfocussing my vision. They have a life of their own and I have often wondered whether they are just a trick of the mind or something physiological with my eyes. A guy at a meditation group I have been attending says they are angels...? I am always the cynic and try to find rational explanations for things which makes my lifelong interest in things metaphysic and escoteric so interesting and challenging.
They are very magical and there is no bad vibe about them. On occassion I see auric colours (or are they?) which are quite different but have that same life of their own quality. I have theorised that these tiny lights are etheric energy which living beings and the universe are made up of. Non of my extensive range of books mentions them and it is so refreshing to google them and come across your story.
Love, peace and serendipity πŸ˜†
kokumi (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Hello Shane,

I'm new by the way and I must say you write interesting ghost stories. I have also experienced the fairy-glittery-dust things but I am not sure if they directly link to the paranormal. I have seen those in the Philippines when I was younger (maybe 14 years old? I'm 19 now) before I came to US, and I have experienced them again a few weeks ago. I usually brush them off as my eyes being stressed or viewing my PC too closely for too long. I say this probably because I have not experienced anything paranormal. That is just my honest opinion but I do hope that if something does happen to you that it is harmless. πŸ˜‰
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
I just want to let everyone Know I am alive and well. I am just going through a very rough time at the moment and will return as soon as I can. There are many here who I trust can help you all as much as I can. Thanks to all those who have emailed me with their well wishes. Thanks again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you all.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
In 2005, I had an encounter with tiny lights three times. First there was a shower of sparkling silver in the air in front of me, and then to the left appeared a formation of tiny white lights, like a full chandelier where each light was not touching. They were surging upward like skyrockets and then quickly reappearing at their starting points. Picture 3 or 4 levels of a chandelier, and all synchronized as they surged together. Anyway, eventually I couldn't believe I found a link, that described exactly what each tiny light looked like:
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/CP-GhostLights.html
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Hello Shane. In regards to your story, there could be many explanations. Logically, it sounds like you had, or are maybe still having, these glitter things. I personally think that they are guardian angels, spirits or maybe even fairies. I don't really believe in mythical creatures but that's probably because I have never incountered one. If there are ghosts, spirits, and poltergeists, than there are probably fairies as well. I also believe that there are, dare I say, aliens in the universe, so if there are aliens(in my belief, never encountered one that I know of), then who's to say there are not fairies. I believe not only ghosts and spirits are among us, but I believe that not only are we not alone in the universe, but that the aliens walk among us posing as human, as well as angels and such. I truly cannot say for sure what it was that you experienced, but I think that they were your guardian angels sent to protect you from God knows what. Thanks for sharing. ~Shelby ❀ 😊
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
This reminds me of something that happened to me as a kid, maybe about 10 or so. In the summer time I used to like to sleep in my parents bed, before my dad got home. He worked 2nd shift. I remember a few nights in a row a circular white light, about the size of a 10 inch pizza, would look as if it was spinning on the closet door. But there was no light source, it didn't scare me either. I vaguely remember this, but I could even put my hand in front of it without it making a shadow. I don't know what it was.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hi same here I saw some purple and red one's I which that I saw some gold and silver ones. Mine lasted a few seconds during the night in the dark I though I was seeing things as well. I know what you are going through. I have seen floating clouds as well. I have seen 2 ghosts in this house and last week I heard a little girl voice and she made a bang I guess she was the 3rd one. 😊 Thanks for sharing your story with us I'm so glad that someone has been in the kind of same situation as me. 😊
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hi Shane,
Your Stories Are Great!
I'm going to post some of my life stories...hopefully.
I'm not sure if this helps but in one of the old houses I visited with my relations were full of stuff like that, we tried to take pictures of it but they went off too fast!
πŸ˜•
My uncle and aunt are specialists when it comes to spirits and what not, and I live with them, becuase I lost my mum when I was 11+ and my dad migrated to New Zealand.
So I live with my aunt now, and a lot's happened. When my uncle and aunt saw them, my uncle said, it "could" be some orbs... I don't think that helped, but if I find out anything I'll let you know. 😁

Take care and God bless,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
😳 Thank you Bell, I yam what I yam.πŸ˜† I believe in being open and honest with all. No one deserves to be belittled for just posting an opinion. I apologize to you and all our readers for the show down that took place here. We have a great bunch of people here and it is that diversity that will keep this site popular for a long time to come. Hopefully without any further insults and rude comments. Looking forward to reading more from you as well.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-21)
Shane, I've never found you to be anything but truthful in your comments. You give your opinions as you see fit. I thank you for that. I also thank you for your honesty and consideration, especially towards myself. I respect your comments very much. I thank you for being you. πŸ˜‰
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
Enchantee,

You have just proven my point exactly. Did I cuss you? No, I simply stated an opinion and you have shown your true self. I hold no malice towards you but you seem to think we/everyone is out to destroy you. You are truely a sad individual and I feel sorry that the rest of our readers had to read the foul language you choose to express yourself with. Childish, very childish indeed. But I guess that since your intellectual dribble doesn't work on me you had to resort to name calling and foul language. It is a small minded individual who can dish out rude and hurtful comments, but who can not even take constructive criticism. No further discuss is needed as you have truely shown the person you really are. I truely feel sorry for you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you. As you truely need it.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
Enchantee,😠

I notice you can dish out the rude comments, but whoa to those who return the favor. You go and quote the posting guidelines and yet you fail to follow them yourself. Can you say Hypocrite? Everytime I turn around you are doling out your intellectual dribble like there is no tomorrow. Your eloquent use of words to put down the authors of stories, this site or those who post comments to your stories is not only inexcusable but down right childish. You seem to enjoy putting down those who don't catch your intellectual meanderings. I wonder how you would do with someone who does. Oh that is right you complain and threaten. I posted this comment in my own story so that you do not need to complain and have it erased from yours. I guess you are afraid for the other posters here to see the real truth of the matter. That you are just a mean spirited individual who thinks the world is really out to get him. Just my honest opinion. Why do you not try and see the world through the eyes of the faceless masses, (That is who we are to you are we not?) who read your stories? They/we do not know if what you experienced is paranormal in nature or not and from what I have read they all could have everyday solutions. No one up until now has said anything negative about you or your experiences. You just took them that way and you are going to retaliate no matter what. Get that first punch in before they do, so to speak. You seem to go out of your way to try and alienate yourself from others here. Is it because you find the company or friendship of your fellow man that repulsive or are you just that mean? I would hope that one day you can over come your pettiness and stop being such a bitter person towards the world.
Martin, I apologize and I hope I have not overstepped my boundries and if I have please feel free to correct my error.

Peace, Understanding, and Goodwill will always take you further.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Enchantee,
This is posted on my story this time. I apologize for using your story for my posting.

I thought you were a decent enough character at first. But now after reading and going back over your past comments to these people I see you are just a mean spirited individual who thinks the world is out to get him.
I have tried time and time again to give you the benefit of the doubt and let things slide with the insults I have noticed you so eloquently disguising behind your intellectual meanderings.
Comments that I am sure if the authors and posters here took the time to read again would be hurt by. But what do you care they are just faceless masses behind a computer screen. The only person who's feelings matter to you are your own and whoa to the person who steps on them.
"In alio pediculum, in te ricinum non vides - You see a louse on someone else, but not a tick on yourself". (Petronius) Ever hear a statement like that before? Let me, one of the dumb people here, explain it to you. You see the faults in others, but you can't see, nor do you want to, your own.
Abby put it best when she stated that the readers here have or had respect for you or they would not have taken the time out of their busy schedules to read your stories and post comments to them and she offered herself as the sacrificial lamb for your insults.
Yet all you can do is find a fault in hers and others comments and see if you can hurt them in some manner with it. The readers here have done nothing to you sir but post their opinions to your stories or postings, good, bad, or indifferent and you seem to go out of your way to belittle them for it.
I have to ask, are you such a small closed minded individual that you think every comment made to your stories or postings are sarcastic or insulting? I have noticed that yours to others seem to be.
I hope that one day you are able to break free from what ever is causing your cynical attitude and that you will be able to join in on both the light hearted and sometimes heated debates without the need to try and hurt the feelings of those participating. I bid you a good day.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Not unless they had magic glitter that can fall through a concrete ceiling. LOL Now in response to your other question. The best advice I can offer you is this. Study up on local history. Talk to neighbors and see if any of them tell the same tells of hauntings. Go to the library and see if any of the books on the local history have any hauntings or urban legends listed. Ghost hunting is at best a very boring hobby Janice. You can sometimes go for a hundred hunts and not see or experience anything and then on your hundred and first, BAMMM, it happens. You just have to be patient is all. I wrote an article for the site, you should check it out. Just remember this one last piece of advice. Always get permission to be where you are going to hunt.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Hey there again, are you sure that it wasn't just someone overhead throwing glitter everywhere, lol? What feelings did you get at the time when this happened, did you feel frightened, peaceful, annoyed or something else? That is very, very weird, I don't know what it could be either. But anything can happen, right, this world is so hard to understand sometimes, and it's spirits too, man! Well, I've been trying to see if I can investigate the paranormal but have gotten nothing so far, do you have any suggestions on what I should do to experience something "ghostly"? 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Janice, I am doing great, thank you for asking and I hope you are the same. Now imagine taking a giant hand full of glitter that is really tiny and throwing it up into the air and having it slowly surround you in gold and silver, that is what I experienced. I had never seen anything like it and haven't since, so I am not sure what it was. But I know what it wasn't, it wasn't my imagination as I don't have a very good one at that. LOL

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Hey Shane, how have you been? I hope well. Well, I don't know, I would say orbs, I don't know for sure and I read that you could also see them in life as also in pictures but I would say they are orbs. You say that they were gold and silver? Are you sure that you weren't just seeing things? Probably most likely not, since you experienced two times. I would say that they are orbs or something else that probably does have to do with the paranormal but yet, who knows? Were they perfectly round, or a lot of shapes? πŸ˜‰
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Dear Shane,

Ah, yes. Of course, I know who you are Shane. As always, you have written such a wonderful post covering everyone here with your blanket of PEACE, LOVE, and LUCk no matter who we are, what our opinion is or whether we agree or not. This, and more is why I also hold you, my dear friend in high (heel) esteem and regard. I know your heart and ulterior motives are always fair, pure and true. You are right, we may not see eye to eye, and I can respect that, and as you also say, what fun would it be,---especially, if I either took off my high heels or put on higher ones just so we could be at the same eye level. It would certainly be "boring" and uncomfortable. In this way, we and others can instead learn from our differences and grow up and outward together or grow from the inside out at our own personal eye levels and in our own pace and time. Yes, this site is made up of all kinds of spirit colored, blends of personal opinions, and thanks for reminding me with your post (as well as Martin). I am grateful for the multi-opinions of all authors and readers here, even if we don't agree. I can respect where they are coming from. I like to step back and look at others opinions as a part of the whole. It doesn't mean I will always agree, sugar coat it or patronize, but I will respect others for being who they are and speaking up for what they believe in. I would expect the same in return or to be called on it by this, as JW (aka, me) has said, motley crue and cast of characters here on this site.

You will never have to worry about who you are, what others think of you or if you are good enough, if you just believe in yourself, your belief and your life, and live your life as you believe.

Many Thanks to Shane, Martin and All who bless this site with their daily presence and contribution.--Thank You and Many Blessings of Love To All, Abby (Now back to the ghost stories and comments.)
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Shane, I can say that I have personally experienced the 'fireflies' due to stress and it is nothing like you described. My experience was awful and obvious due to my circumstances. You have something else going on and it sounds amazing to me. Little fairies who just love spiritual people? Maybe. You seem comfortable with it and I would be too. It sounds like an amazing experience to me. I think you should be looking for some good fortune to be coming your way! πŸ˜‰ Let us know!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Dearest Abby thank you so much my dear friend for all your kind words and your very interesting perception on my spiritual fireflys.😁 I too hold your opinions in the highest regards, we don't always see eye to eye but then again if we did what fun would that be.

In response to your comment to Lian about her posting style being so much like mine with the ? Mark after my name, nope she is not I, nor I she.

I do like her style though, and I am in total agreement with Lian about people coming here looking for assitance and being frightened away by those who say everything is evil or the devil, when they themselves would not know a lower level entity from a truely evil one if it came up and bit them.

There is even another poster here with that same belief by the name of MIISH, whom I wish to acknowledge. There are so many of you here whom I have come to know and have grown quite fond of way too many to mention by name.

I look forward to seeing the advise and comments each of you have made or the help you have given to those in need.

To those whom I haven't mentioned by name here in this post and maybe reading this, don't think you are any less important, each person I believe touches anothers life in so many different and special ways. What a boring life it would be if we all held the same beliefs.

To each and every one reading this I wish you, PEACE, LOVE, and LUCK be with you always.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
Dear Shane,

Wall of huggings around you. I don't think those fireflies are scientifically or medically easily explained away, especially when I sense they are spiritual. How does one explain spiritual fireflies? But hey, I am open to listen to what the other communities and schools of thought have to say. In my opinion, I have to say, I have seen them most all my life, and I still have not a substantial lick of proof what they are yet. Just let them light up your life, as they mean no harm. I am living proof.
Fireflies, Hugs and Blessings to you, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
Abby and Martin,

Well as you know I am not one to jump to conclusions about things I have personally experienced without doing some investigation into what the cause may have been. I have yet to find one for these fireflys as Abby put it.

Abby I did read the article you sent to me. This was nothing like any of those events described. The best I could describe would be if you took glitter and finely ground it and threw it in the air how it would glitter all around you as it fell.

Martin you could very well be right about that. I don't have a clue as to what they really were, but wouldn't it be nice to know I was being watched over by something from a nicer neighborhood?
Thank you my friends for commenting on my story. 😁

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you always.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Dear Shane,

Well, the scientific answer or medical answer might be getting older (aging) and just having floaters and spots. See this following site:
http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm

Martin's theory is better though. πŸ˜‰

I've been seeing these little lights and sometimes orbs since I can remember. I have always mentioned them to the eye docs, but they don't have much to say. As I have gotten older they blame it on my age and it is all optical neural. I also tell them I was not getting headaches like a migraine coming on either. Of course, no answers. Even the guys who go to space see lights in there heads, but scientific answer is they are caused by radiation.

As always I am open to all theories. I am alive and well with no strokes yet. Ha,Ha!

Keep searching and researching, in the meantime enjoy the little fireflies.

Blessings, Abby
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Hi Shane, maybe those lights are related to your dark entity experience as a form of protection? If you called out for a higher power to protect you, maybe these lights are the answer? Just a wild theory. You did mention how good you felt after vanquishing the dark entity so maybe you have new companions from a better neighborhood πŸ˜‰

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: