You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Swimming Experience And The Old New Hope Church Graveyard

Real Ghost Stories

Swimming Experience And The Old New Hope Church Graveyard

 

It was late one evening in the middle of the summer of 2006. My boy Joey, his younger brother Jeremy, my (now ex) girlfriend, Rosanna who we called Roxy, and myself were all swimming in my neighborhood pool. Joey and Jeremy ,the little brother, were sitting on each end of the pool throwing a football, and Rosanna and I were swimming in the middle of the pool doing our mushy couple thing. The subject at hand was ghosts and being able to see them. We got on that subject because the previous night I, she, and a few of our other friends used an Ouija Board. (I'll post that story later. It's my most incredible experience)

We were there talking, and I kept asking her if she seen anything because her eyes weren't really focused on us. You know, just wandering about the property staring at nothing from what I could see. She said no and focused back on the conversation. Joey being the skeptic that he is started making wise cracks about the ability to see ghosts and about other things of the paranormal nature. I, myself, am very respectful of the dead and spiritual world so I kept quiet and asked him to grow up and stop being immature.

On a side note, Rosanna can see things. She was blessed or something when she was a child and has had the ability to see these spirits and anomalies since she can remember. She's shared many incidences with me about what she's seen. I found it out one night when we were sitting on her porch outside and she kept looking behind me and following something with her eyes, and I would turn around and ask her what the hell she was looking at. She would smile and give a little giggle and say, "nothing..." Then after a few hours she cracked and told me. So, I became very interested in ghosts and the paranormal more than before asking her all kinds of questions and stuff.

Well back to the story. So, it's about 6:30 or 7ish, and Joey's making fun of my girl's gift. Jeremy was just sitting in the pool quiet because he was one of the people that was in the room from my story about Ouija Boards, and I'm sure either he believed in the board or just didn't want anything to do with the conversation at hand. Joey's still trying to go on and on about there's no such things as ghosts and that they're made up things that people say they see or hear to get attention. When he said that I seen my girlfriend's eyes focus on something in the grass behind Joey. Of course I noticed this and asked her what she seen. She didn't answer the question. She just leaned in and whispered in my ear that "They don't like Joey..." I asked her why, and she said, "They get mad when he talks about them and makes fun of them..." I then asked her again what she seen. She said there was a girl standing over him trying to push him in the water off the steps of the pool.

By this time it had gotten really dark out, and there was only one street light in the pool area. Rosanna said she was getting scared and that she was seeing other spirits coming across the field. (Mind you I lived out in the sticks in this nice little subdivision in the northern Florida. There are big fields, trees, and randomly placed houses everywhere.) So, I told them it was time to go home. We had already been there almost 4 hours. (The pool was our "stomping grounds" when we were teens. We swam there every summer for countless hours.)

As we were all making our way across the pool to the side closest to my truck, I seen my girl look back where Joey was and turned around and continued to swim, but faster. I asked her again what was going on. She said that the little girl had jumped into the pool with us and was trying to "get" Joey, and that there was a tall man walking along the side of the pool with him as he was swimming. All the color in her face was gone. (Rosanna was from Nicaragua, so she was pretty tanned.) She was as white as I am, and I'm pretty damn white ha-ha.

We made it to the truck and started making our way down the dirt road to Joey's house to drop them off. Well we were ascending from this small slope in the road and I had my high beams on. We came up over the top of the hill and my lights shined over this huge field of grass, and about 3-400 yards ahead of me I seen this figure. Now I've NEVER seen any kind of apparition or figure in my life at this time (as bad as I would like to), and I see this tall white figure walking on the road. As soon as my beams shined on it directly, it just took off across the field like a bolt of lightening and disappeared. I thought maybe it was a reflection, but there was nothing in the field and as soon as it hit the darkness it was still just as white as it was when the light was on it. I didn't want to say anything to her until I dropped them off.

So, after I dropped them off I proceeded to tell her what I had seen, and to my surprise, she had seen the same thing. I was kind of at ease because she had seen it too and I knew it wasn't just my imagination playing tricks on me. So, being all excited and hyped that I had seen something FINALLY, she told me about this old church that was a few miles away from her house.

We drove there in about 20 minutes. The road the church was on had branched off the County road about 3 miles from my girl's house. She had told me before it was really creepy and that she had only been down there once before now. I knew the church was there because one of my old friends used to live down that road. He and another house were the only houses on the road that I had ever seen, but he lived about a mile and a half down from where the church was located.

We got there around 9 or 9:30 pm. She pointed out the church on the left hand side. It was as run down as it was when I had been past there when I used to visit my friend. It looked really creepy now that the darkness was really set in around the place.

She told me to slow down really slow and just leave my parking lights or fog lights on. So, I dropped the gear down into 1st, and turned off my lights. I actually came to a stop parallel to the area in between the cemetery and the church. About 45 seconds went by and nothing. Then all of a sudden, Roxy leaned up and looked out my window and whispered, "Go..." I was like, "Huh?" Then she spoke loud and clear, "GO! They're coming!" So, I didn't want to wait and ask questions. I starting rolling off and she screamed, "GO FASTER! They're running after us!" So I punched it spinning in the dirt. By now she was screaming frantically to go faster. She said they were on the bed of the truck trying to get in. I was about to freak out cause almost as soon as she said that, I started to hear rapping on the back glass of the truck. Then, she starts freaking out that there was a woman on the hood snarling at her with her hands on the windshield. So, I being a smartass turned on the wipers. Apparently that didn't help because now I can see the handprints on the windshield and I'm flipping the hell out! We drove father down the road at about 50 mph until I reached my friends old house. By then, the tapping had stopped. I turned around in the driveway, and there were people in the yard, I'm sure wondering what the ---- was going on, but I didn't want to tell them what just had happened. For all they knew, we were drunk and just speeding down the road.

I took Roxy home kissed her goodnight and went home myself. The next day my parents came in my room and woke me up all pissed off. I was asked them what they were so upset about, and they showed me this big dent in the left side quarter panel with white scratches on it. I told them I didn't know what it was from, and didn't dare tell them what had happened the night before because I knew that they wouldn't believe me.

I called Roxy to tell her what my parents had found on my truck. She answered the phone and sounded like she had just woke up so I offered to let her go back to sleep. She had told me she hadn't gotten any sleep from the night before because "they" were messing with her all night. She said that they had completely trashed her room throwing clean clothes all over her floor and knocking her jewelry cabinet off the dresser and shattering it. I went over there within minutes. I was very surprised when I walked into her room and found stuff everywhere because I knew how neat she was and how everything "had to be in place".

Thanks For Your Time And God Bless!

I will be posting the other Ouija incident Very Soon

Other hauntings by Mr_Burnz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mr_Burnz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-17)
Actually Bette... She sees random stuff all the time... She was Blessed somehow when she was a child and has seen spirits, demons, other abnormal beings since then... And the little girls that was trying to "get" my boy was just pissed cause he was making fun of the dead
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
This would make a great scene series in a movie about the paranormal!

Your friend Joey sounds like a typical skeptic. Roxy is like a spirit mirror.
And you probably would get a bang out of ghost-hunting.
Ever consider that?

This account, among millions of others, illustrates how thoroughly wrong they are who swear off the spirit world as an illegitimate pastime for deluded people.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-21)
Awesome story Mr Burnz, I could totally imagine the entire chase through the neighborhood! Next time, have your boy listen to Rosanna. 😉

Congratulations on you guys dating again!
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
~*Update*~
It's glad to be back up on the site after a few weeks. I've kind of lost touch with the closer members on here whom I used to converse with. I'm actually currently dating Roxy again. I told her about the site, and that she would be really interested and that she would have plenty of stories to share with you all. So, maybe she'll sign up and you'll get to read 1st hand what we expierenced that night. Take Care and God Bless

Burnz
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Ahh hello and thanks everyone for posting on my stories! I will be posting a new experience or two soon... Just been really busy over here and all. Keep up the great work you all. This is definately one of my most favored sites!

-Burnz
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
It just came to my attention that you've been experiencing some eye problems.

I'm not a doctor so you will need a comprehensive eye exam to know for sure-don't ignore the problem. It's a friendly advice.

These black and white spots may be tiny 'scotomas' which is a medical term for 'blind spots'. They may result from old injury, old viral infection or even after staring at the sun for too long. Because their location is fixed, they tend to reappear wherever the eye gazes.

It could also be a result of your retina's detouchment, or a number of other reasons.

Please, visit a doctor ASAP
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Mr Burnz,

What a fascinating and hair raising story! Whew! Chills everywhere after reading this one!

I do hope your friend in the pool was able to gleen some respect for the dead and for paranormal after this incident.

Thanks for sharing with us!

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Hi Mr Burnz. It is realy great to hear from you gain. This story is great. One of the best I read. I think its going to be hard to fall asleep at night 😆.I don't agree with bigpattie87.Well,maybe not entirely. I think that spirits can show themselves and often do to those who don't believe in the paranormal. Its just I think that they choose who they want to show themselves. Your friend was lucky that the entities didn't show themeslves to him. I think Mr. Burnz that you have more stories you have went through with Roxy. Indeed she has a great gift. I can't wait to read your next stories. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ohmy (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Jeepers creepers! I am almost speechless. That was so bizarre. Did you have "full coverage" for your truck? If you did and filed a claim for that dent, I am curious what you told your insurance company. That tale would have gone over really well with the claim rep on the other end of the line. 😆
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Thanks rhodes! I got chills when she told me about the man. The girl didn't really scare me until Roxy told me she had jumped in the water! Then I swam a little faster to get the hell out of that pool lol! I didn't want that feeling of something touching ME!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
That was a rather disturbing experience-one I would be quite fortunate not to ever have!

Your description of the girl having jumped into the pool with the tall figure following along side your friend sent shivers down my spine!

I can imagine how such an experience is one you never forget!

Great story-thank you for sharing it with us!
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hey Buddy,

Alright so I will put my 2 cents in on this story. From my point of you it seems to me that the moral of this story is to respect all life either present or beyond the grave but really if you can't think of the reason then just look closely. His buddy had pissed off some entities by making comments but what can you do to a guy that can't see them or believe, so who do you target, the one most likely to be hurt. Like the girl in the story was the most likely for this story because she could see them. So naturally they went after her knowing it would get their point across and it would worry her and maybe she would change things. I can't say if that's what really was the case and who can we don't know the entities and you can't just ask them but that's what I think happened. Well Burnz, great story, keep them coming I love to read them, have fun at work man.

God Bless
BigPatti 😉
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Actually I didn't answer you bette, but will... I'm guessing they were upset that we disturbed them or maybe it was the fact that they knew my girl could talk to them and see them. She says they're attracted to that. I don't know, I never seen anything until that white thing on the road and haven't seen anything since then. As far as I know they could have been mad at my friend from him mocking all ghosts earlier that evening? God Bless!

Burnzy
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Well Biemaster (you 1st lol) The subdivision that I lived was very very old farm land and that's about all I could find on it through the net which sucks I know. Whatever "they" were, my girl said that they were really scary looking epecially the man, and in my opinion there doesn't have to be a bad omen there, a curse, or anything having to do with paranormal to link a ghost to it. I mean if you read in my other story I was just walking in that same neighborhood and heard my name being called or whispered... I think I got bette's answers in all that somehow ha-ha...thanks and God Bless!

Burnz
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Whoa, very interesting story! The thing about the swimming pool was a little confusing to me. Was there a graveyard or something close to the pool? I am asking you this because ghosts just can't appear from somewhere. There has to be a likely source, if you know what I mean. I understand what happened at the church. But, why were the ghosts after you only? You didn't do them any harm so why should they behind you and you girlfriend? These are some of the things which confused me. Thanks for the story!

Biemaster
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Interesting story, did you ever find out why these "people" were chasing after you? Since your then girlfriend could see them and communicate with them, did she know why? I was just curious. Thanks for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: