You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My First Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

My First Ouija Board

 

Well, this happened when I was about 7 or 8 and I remember it really clearly. I was at my cousin's house and had been told about Ouija Boards by my aunt and one of my friends who was the same age as me. My friend had shown me how to use one so I decided that me and my cousin should have a go.

Now, my cousin's house is old and a bit scary at times. I remember hearing things in the night when I would sleep over, but whether they were actually spirits I don't know.

OK so it was after dinner and it wasn't dark outside. We cut up little squares of paper and wrote the letters of the alphabet on it, just as my friend had shown me. We closed the curtains and shut the door.

Now, just to settle things, my cousin and I were upstairs alone. The only other person that was upstairs was my cousin's sister, who unfortunately can't walk and at the time was really little so she would've had no idea who it was. Also, my aunt and uncle were in the kitchen which was ages away from my cousin's bedroom where we were doing it.

We had recently lost our wonderful Granddad and we hadn't said our last goodbyes before he died, so we were hoping that doing the Ouija Board would have some positive results. We were sitting down and holding hands, ready to start.

I can't remember what it was that I said to start off, but I am guessing that it was something like "is anybody there?" and I didn't get a response. However, me and my cousin were feeling like we were not alone, so I asked whoever was there to knock three times. And then there were three loud and clear knocks.

Both my cousin and I were really spooked! It couldn't have been anyone else as no one was around. So we asked it to knock again, and it did. Then my cousin's curtains blew and flew up into the air, but the windows were closed and it was a nice day outside.

We both got really freaked out at this point, and let go of hands, and everything stopped. We opened her bedroom door and checked that everyone was OK. Her sister was still in her room and her parents were still in the kitchen.

I have no idea whether it was actually real, but it definitely freaked me out and I am 100% sure that it was my Granddad just saying his last goodbyes.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laurenemmam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
I never knew you could make your own ouji board until I looked it up on the computer. But still I never thought it would really work, only being a peice of cardboard and all. I always thiuf=ght you were suposed to use the real thibng. So I decided to make one. I took it over to my friend Haters house we were about to pl, ay but I started getting a bad feeling. All of a sudden I heard a womans voices telling us not to do it. I think it was my dead grandmother trying to warn us so we put it away. I reaklly don't think its a good idea to do it with little kids near by because of all things that can come out of tthem.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I went round my friend Fern's house yesterday and we were talking about what I had put up on this site, and she said that we should do a Ouija Board.
As you can guess, I was like no! I explained to her everything that you guys have told me.
If I had never put my story on this site, I think I would have gone along with it and done it, with most likely disasterous consequences.
So thanks for telling me about them:)
Xxxx
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi! I am back!
I will be posting some other stories soon, but the site was "temporarily closed" and I have been on holiday.
Unfortunately, there were no "ghostly experiences" whilst I was on holiday. However, whilst in St. Ives, there was a big poster and lots of leaflets about a "night walk" and I was interested, but unfortunately it was the day that we were going home.
Xxxx
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
just to let everyone know that I am going on holiday July 27th until 3rd August:)
Xxxxxxxx
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
hmmm...yeah I supose!
Well, even if it wasn't my grandad, it was definately something! That's what I think anyway, but thank you for all of your help:)
I don't think that I will be doing a ouija board in the future! And definately not in my own house!
Thanks,
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
It very well may have been, but then The Others could have been there all along. There honestly really is no way of telling WHEN a ghost actually ARRIVED on the scene. You can tell when you started SENSING things, but then that is all relative also.
Meaning that it may have been pointed out to you, someone is starting to call you a scatterbrain, The Others start doing more noticeable things, there are many different reasons to start sensing things.
That is just my feelings on it, and just a short overview. There may be other thoughts.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
(for whitebuffalo)
Thank you for all of the answers to my questions.
I get it all now:)
Well, I remember that things used to go missing in the house after we "opened the door" but whether that has anything to do with what we did, I don't know.
What do you guys think?
Xxxxxxxxx
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hello again, laurenemmam.
I read through your answers, and thought to answer a few of your questions.
For simplicity sake, when using a communication board correctly (which ever form you use), you open the session, have the session and then close the session. What you are essentially doing is having a conversation with someone you have invited into your home.
It is much like when you have the living come for a visit. When they come to your home you invite them in while opening the door. ("Hello? Is there any presence here who would like to make their presence known to us?") You have opened the door to the spirits. Just as with the living, as you hold the door to the person in your doorway (Most generally the receiver does not stand there and hold the door, they usually hold the door and the guest takes the door FROM them to gain entrance) THEY walk through. If someone is standing BEHIND them, they then take the door and walk through and so on until everyone is in the home that was standing on the threshold.
You enjoy their company for a while and then when it is time to leave, most generally, you bid them farewell. Uh, you may walk them to the door, they may go there themselves, but it IS clear that the visit is over and it is time for them to leave. Then the door is closed and they go home. ("See you tomorrow. Good night. Drive safely...")
Once that door is closed, they do not simply walk back into your home. That is improper. There are LAWS against that. They are there for your protection.
As there are ALSO laws that visitors to a board are ruled by. Without closing the session, you essentially invite the visitor in and LEAVE the invitation open to be in the home for as long as THEY deem necessary. There are times that this would be a dangerous thing to do.
You did not say. Have there been more experiences SINSE then? You DID say that in looking back you would now think that the home was haunted, but was that BEFORE or AFTER you "opened the door"?
THINK on that.
Thank you.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear laurenemmam,

Using the Ouija board is opening a portal and although not every spirit is harmful, it seems that demons use this portal as a way to make their presence felt. You may contact a good spirit at times, but I just say, let the dead take their rest.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
wow
I have a lot of comments! Thanks guys:)
I agree with you all, I would never do one now! After hearing and reading about things since then up until now I don't want to touch one!
I was seven and was told it was good fun.
And no
We didn't close the session wot dus this mean?
I also now believe that the house we did it in is actually haunted (my cousin moved like 5 years ago) and I have always had my suspisions about it, but thinking about it, I definately think that it was or still is haunted!
I still think that it was my grandad but I could be wrong. I think that I am the out of me and my cousin who is receptive as, well, my cousin is definately not.
Thanks again for all of your comments!
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stacers (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
ouija boards are bad they open portals that can never be closed trust me although its not everytime you get a bad demon or spirit to come through they really are bad news. One should never be used unless you are a trained pro. Sorry to rain on any ones parade but that's the truth.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
I think Mr Burnz is right. We have heard many stories that are scary and all but there are times that we can make contact with a good spirit. It has happened many times. I on the other hand don't use one but it tempts me all the time. But I always remember the saying. Dont play with fire because it will burn you. Like Burnz says be carefull. Never know what's on the otherside.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Ah, my favorite subject. Communicating with message boards. 😊
All I can honestly say is be careful what you ask for. When you ask "someone" to communicate, or to validate their existence, you NEVER know what they are going to use to show you that they are there. You ALSO never know EXACTLY who is is that is showing themselves TO you. There are some very deceptive ghosts (just like in the living) out there who would have you believe that they are someone you love, just to have you communicate with them.
Think about it. Most of the comments you will get to this story will be that you should not use a board. I can not tell you not to do that, as I have communicated with ghosts too. I do not always use a communication BOARD, but, I feel that there is NO form of communication that is more (or less) "dangerous" than the next. Why would a board be more dangerous than simply speaking out loud? You STILL may not know who it is that you are talking to, right?
Unfortunately, I feel that you simply chanced on a ghost. I do not feel that this was your grandfather, only because I think he may have used something a bit less frightening for a seven year old. He KNEW you, he would KNOW that you would be frightened.
I will just offer the suggestion to use caution. You claim to have not used a board for a while. With your first experience seemingly being a positive one (meaning that you made contact. By the way, did you CLOSE the session?) I would think that either you, or your cousin may be a receptive person.
Thank you.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
never ask the ghost physical signs! I used the ouija board and burned it. Now the portal will be open, but the other thing I can do is pray to God that nothing evil will go around you and the people you know!

God Bless
Dory ❤
laurenemmam (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Thank you for all the comments! I have not used one since that day actually... Mainly because of all the stories and my experience! But thanks anyway.
Xxx
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Well, not every spirit that you talk to on te ouija board is evil... I mean I've used it for the past 6-7 years and haven't had one "bad" experience. There's been some wierd things happen like my ex doing sign language and have never taken a class before in her life for it, cold spots in the same room, and other things. Anyways, above all else be careful, and be very careful because there ARE evil/bad spirits out there and on this earth. Good story though! I'm sure it was your pops too or some other family member that has passed. Take care and God Bless!

Burnzy
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
well You know the quijaboard can open the portal and be evil can fool you to be your graddad that the truth and everybody warning me not to mess with the quijaboard but it kind of scare me when I notice somethng about my friends use it before and strange thing did happen, one that they are not themself strange. Please you and your cousin need becarefully...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: