You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Overnight Fright

Real Ghost Stories

Overnight Fright

 

I was living in Georgia before I moved to Tennessee and one night I was up late on the computer. I was about 11.

I suddenly got really tired and decided I should get to bed soon. I shut down the computer and walked to my room. Ok, I have a habit of having to close my door and turning off all lights before I get to bed, so I did.

I got to sleep and when I woke up in the morning and my light was on and the door was wide open. I was flipping out! I ran upstairs to the kitchen and asked my mom, dad, sister, and I knew my baby brother probably didn't do since he wasn't even a year old. I don't know if it was my dad playing a stupid prank, or a very troublesome ghost!

The next night I was asleep in the same room when I woke up to footsteps at about 2 in the morning. I walked upstairs and the whole living room was torn apart! There were pillows thrown everywhere, the couches were on their sides, and worst of all the TV was laying on the ground scattered in a million tiny pieces!

I just ran back downstairs scared outta my wits! My mom, dad, sister, and brother's rooms were all the way upstairs. I decided I wasn't going back down there again, so I waited till' morning.

I woke up and slowly crawled up the stairs to find that the living room was fine! I didn't tell anyone, but to this day I can never forget that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeidaraSempai1030, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Wow, that sounds like you had a big pranster in your home then. A lot of times hena ghost wats it presence to be known itll do anything to get someones attention. Sometimes theyll do somthing so crazy itll make you want to question your own sanity lol. But aleast he put alll the stuff back together. I don't think your mom wouldve wanted to walk in there and see that,mess, and try to blame it on you youd probably be in big trouble lol.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi DeidaraSempai1030. I really do not see any evidence what so ever that this was some kind of paranormal event. I don't know how many times I have woke up and my bedroom light was turned on, and this wasn't in the morning but at 2 or 3 in the morning with my bedroom door shut and everyone sleeping. It was a little unsettling for me but for all I knew I could have slept walked and turned it on myself. As for the living room incident you speak of, it sounds to me that there is a great possibility that you had a very vivid dream. Either that or the 'ghosts' in your house are messing around with you because it is obvious that you frighten easily.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hello DeidaraSempai1030. I don't mean to belittle your experiences and what I say, I say with respect. The first episode could have been your sibling "messing" with you or your parents in a roundabout way telling you it was time to get up. My parents used to open my door and turn the lights on to tell me "it's time to get up"-even to this day when the wife wants to wake me, she does the same thing.
The other I see as a very vivid dream. I use to have them all the time when I was growing up.
Thank you for sharing your stories with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ghostfinder18 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
This is how I would explain the door and light.
I would have to say that you might have had a poltergeist or it could be a intelligent haunting. But if those are ruled out then you are sleep walking and you don't know it.

I would explain the livingroom as this. It may be an example but a good one.
If me and you were in a room and you see a ghost but I don't. That means that the ghost is telepathicaly projecting its image to you not me. So what ever was there could of have been projecting an image to you telepathicaly. It surly is something that didn't happen but that could explain it.

(P.S. Sorry if I mispelled anything)
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Dear DeidaraSempai1030,

I am going be a little sceptical with this story. The door opening could have been just the wind. I agree with whitebufallo, you might have just been half asleep and half awake. I guess you could have a ghost but you have never given us the history of your house, so it is hard to say whether you have a ghost or not.
Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hello DeidaraSempai1030,
I just have a few questions for you. If you stick around for awhile, you will see that is how I work. 😉
On the first night, after questioning your family, I am confused at why you would assume that this may have been a ghost turning on your light and opening your door. Do you have a bathroom in your room, that would cause you to never have to leave in a half dream state, or is it possible that you just do not wake at night with the urge to relieve yourself? I am seriously not trying to be rude, I just have a hard time (after raising five children, both natural and step) thinking that this was not a possibility. IS it possible that you forgot?
The next night when you woke to FOOTSTEPS...
Uh, the living room was in a shambles and the telly's screen was in bits on the floor, but you never heard any of that. The FOOTSTEPS woke you.
Is it inconceivable that this could have been a vivid dream? There are those that have lucid dreams and SWEAR that they really DID ride on a rainbow home, they just seem THAT real.
I am not trying to discount this memory for you, I am simply attempting to help you look in the circle of the situation. Many will tell you to think "outside the box", I merely ask you to look THROUGH the circle. At ALL views of a situation before thinking solely that this may have been a ghostly encounter.
It very well may have been one.
Thank you.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
I'm filing this one under the "hmmm" category. Thanks for sharing, though!
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Spirits can cause illusions, and if they are sinister enough, they can cause illusions to mentally tear you apart and cause psychological damage.

Your story is interesting, but abit confusing... I'm guessing your room is in the basement, since you say you went "upstairs" to the kitchen and then at the last paragraph you said "I wasn't going back down there again"

It probably was a typo, but it was abit confusing. Lol.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: