You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Nan Kept Her Promise

Real Ghost Stories

My Nan Kept Her Promise

 

This only happened to me a few weeks ago, so after thinking about it I've decided to tell you guys about my lovely Nan who died in 2005 and my visit to her after she died.

I, my sister and my Nan are the only people who believe in ghosts in our family. When we were kids my Nan was forever telling us of her ghostly experiences she had in her lifetime, there were quite a few!

My Nan Alma was like our second mum and I miss her still terribly.

Every weekend was spent at my Nan's home doing silly things like watching Gladiators, Blind Date, Strange But True, drawing tattoo's with biro on her arm, painting her nails and doing her hair, then dancing round the room until we were exhausted. She was the most fun Nan we could have wished for and I couldn't imagine life without her.

When I was a child I had a dream that she was taken away from me and was sad, so I ran down to her house and made her promise me she would give me a sign when she passed on that she was happy, I know it sounds morbid but I needed to know that she was just as happy in the afterlife when she got there, it means a lot to me.

My Nan sadly passed away in Sept 2005 in hospital after suffering from MSRA, she had terribly bad knee and had taken a fall in the night and couldn't get up, I don't want to explain the injuries she suffered they are too horrific and upsetting.

In the hospital for 3 days I never left her side when she was sleeping I brushed her hair, held her hand and told her how beautiful she was and that we all loved her. My mother and uncle stayed with her on the 3rd night I didn't want to leave her but me and my sister were exhausted so we went and had a nights sleep.

Sadly in the night my Nan passed away and since then I have been to spiritualists and churches etc. Just to get hold of her but to no avail.

But last week I had the strangest dream, I was in her old house sitting on the chair I had always sat on as a child I looked around and there was my sister as a toddler looking at me and giving me a cheeky smile and giggling behind her teddy bear. Then I saw my Nan sitting there watching the TV sipping her tea! I was in shock! It was like I had gone back 20 years but I knew I was there as I am today - 24years old.

Anyway, she put her cup down and turned to me and said, "There you are poppet! Your finally here, I'm going to make another cup of tea and get some cake". I didn't know what to say, there was my Nan that I missed so much my heart physically ached and she was going to make a cup of tea! I looked at my sister again who seemed really shy and kept smiling and giggling behind her teddy bear she must have been about 7 or 8 years old (my sister is 3 years older than me).

Then my Nan came back and walked over to me to give me the cup of tea, she bent over smiling at me saying "have some cake poppet I've made it especially for you". I just grabbed her round the waist (I was sitting down) and said " Nan I miss and love you so much" I looked at her and she sat down next to me and gave me a big hug and said " don't stop smiling Penny, I miss and love you too".

At that point I woke up, I'm so happy that she kept her promise to me. I know she is happy and has my sister for company as a toddler) hopefully I will have another dream encounter with her in my lifetime, fingers crossed! I told my sister and she was so happy, hopefully my Nan will visit her soon, it would mean the world to her. It means the world to me:)

Any comments are really welcome! And thanks for reading once again.

Other hauntings by misfitsdoll

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, misfitsdoll, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
this story was amazing! Good luck wiith her visiting you again! Xx ❤
madwife84 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Wow! Your story gave me goosebumps! I too had a wonderful nan who was like a second mum to me. I saw her several times every week, and in the holidays we me and my siblings spent so much time having sleepovers and watching our favourite films with her:) I couldn't believe it when I read that her name is Alma- that was my nans name too (and it isn't a very common name either!). I felt compelled to write on here! Before she died in 2007, I would often chat to her, about ghosts etc and I once said to her "nan, when you die, please come back and haunt me" and she laughed and said- "why would I want to haunt you- it would frighten you!" She promised she would let me know she was ok. She died very suddenly of an aneurysm. It was such a shock. But I was comforted by a dream I had about her a few days later. I was in a large room full of people, and I felt lost. As I turned my head she was standing next to me, but as I went to talk to her she would disappear. Every time I turned she was standing there, but at different times in her life as I remember her. Next thing I knew, she was walking towards a corridor, and I ran, trying to follow her and get her attention. As she got to the door, she turned to me, and just smiled. She looked peaceful and calm. Then she turned the corner. When I reached the corner she was gone. It was almost like she was saying goodbye and that everything was ok. I feel her around me all the time, but I only ever see her in my dreams. I have been to a couple of mediums, one was very good, but I still had my reservations. I'm certain one day we'll be together again.:)
beautifulDisaster (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
This story literally brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad you got your wish in the end, and she kept her promise to you. (:
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Ah a dream. I once had a dream like this. A person that I liked died a while ago she was about 80 or so. NO relation to the family just someone I would talk to at the local coffee shop on occation. I dreamed of her very much as you did. I walked to the coffee shop as I had done so many times before and saw her sitting there. At that point I did not realize I was dreaming so I said, "Kate are you not dead?" To which she said, "Stating the obvious again." I sat down and asked her what she was doing and some other questions. It was a pleaset converstation until the end. At one point she said "do you not want to know why I am really here?" I said "sure I guess." Thats when her face turned so gastly that if anyone else were to look upon it they might die from fright. The skin on her face pulled tight just barley maskeing her bones. Her eyes sunk in leaving almost complete black holes. Her nose was still there but it might as well not have been. Her teeth turned yellow and her tounge looked like it dried up right in her mouth. She began to rasp or hiss or something and then said in a high shrieking voice that sounded like nials on a chalk board only much louder, "Because you and everyone else here are going to die soon! DO you like that! DO YOU!?" I stammered, " no... No I do not like that. Wha... What why..." Then she started shieking, "Watch the skys. Tell everyone to wathc the skys less you end up like me boy!" and then she vanished.

Dreams are great aren they. Needless to say I woke up and didn't go back to sleep that night again.
LBPFan123 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
That story almost made cry! I am smiling now, because that is the most sweetest story ever. ❤
mamatokar (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
Your story is very touching! I know where your coming from, except I couldn't be with my nanny before she passed for reasons I wish not to explain. I have not had any visits from her so for that you are lucky. But my mother went and met with a Medium and she told my mom that my nanny is always with me! I am very touched that she is with me, because for the month that she was in the hospital I could not visit with her. Your storie just kind of gave me hope that she will come to me so I can tell her that I love her and that I didn't visit her because seeing me would have caused her even greater pain. I am pretty sure she know that but I would like the closure. I am sure your nan is with you all the time as well, helping keep us safe from all the unknown this that await us! ❤
misfitsdoll (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
Hey Chris thanks so much for leaving your comment ❤ I agree totally that there is no point in searching for her when she is here with me but boy do I miss her lots, It may sound funny but sometimes when my mum is reading a book or going to sleep she will hear my nan calling her name, if my mum is upstairs it will come from downstairs if she is downstairs it will come from upstairs. My mom belives its in her head (she is a skeptic) but I think underneath she belives its my nan because I can see her welling up when she is telling us:O) my nan must be a strong presence in the afterlife!:o) xxxxx ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
What a beautifull story you sharred with us. It realy was amazing. I'm a ver sorry for your terrible loss but Imn so happy for you that you got the chance to say goodbye to nan. You were searching in churches and every where else to find Nan but the truth is she is with you. Oh she loves you very much and she will be looking after you. Just like she was looking after you when you were a child. Shes there. No point in searching when she is right there. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
misfitsdoll (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
Hey Guys! Thanks so much for your comments ❤ I agree with you Rhodes68 that my nan chose to reveal herself that way as I think also she didn't want to run the chance of frightening me had she came to me in physical form:O) Its so lovely to know that my nan did this for me. I really hope she comes again, but I'm not going to hold out for it as I may never get to see her again but I think I'm truely blessed and lucky I got to see her one more time:) xxxx
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
I love stories like this, thank you. It is nice to know that loved ones can visit and let us know that they are okay. If she comes to you again I am sure everyone would love for you to write about it here.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
Misfitsdol welcome back and thank you for sharing such a comforting story with us!

I'm convinced that your Nan chose to reveal herself that way-being part of an older scene-as not only these are the memories she cherishes but also because that would have been a "familiar stage" for you too.

I do believe beyond any doubt that our loved ones never die, they just lose their previous form and acquire a new and more perfect one. This way they can come to us for comfort, love and protection when they feel it is required.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: