You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Evil Room

Real Ghost Stories

My Evil Room

 

This is my first time writing up this story and I am very pleased to be able to share this experience for the first time.

The experience occurred in the house at which my family and I still reside. It is a medium sized semi-detached house in Jesmond, a suburb in the city of Newcastle, England. Built presumably in the late 19th century, it has had a fair deal of previous owners but none we knew too much about, the house's history was never important to us, although I wish now I knew about some of the history.

I am not an easy person, born stubborn, and not so easily persuaded, it may be significant to inform you I bare strong atheist views, just give you a clearer insight to my character. The happening I will explain to you is the first paranormal experience I had ever witnessed in my life, it changed me. I heard other 'ghost' stories in my life well before then but most I dismissed as generally crap, from people I thought that just wanted attention.

Getting further to the point, I have my own room, located just up the stairs, second on the left after my sister's room. The room is reasonable well sized, with a large window, double glazed, with a view out towards other people's houses, and downwards across my garden. We have a number of plants in our garden, it is very well kept and I always do my best to make the most of it.

My room never really appealed to me from the first time I saw it, sure it was big, but the feeling upon entering and looking into the room was always different to any other room. A few users on this site claim the existence of an 'evil' room in every house, and I would be willing to say my room unfortunately possesses that trait. I feel my mood heighten when I leave the room for breakfast in the morning, and the content feeling then disappear upon re-entry. It has always been this way. Other family members find my concern laughable; I am looking forward to (hopefully) being taken seriously about this matter for once.

Sometimes when I sit down studying at my desk I see what I think to be a figure moving fast across the room in the corner of my eyes, a human sized figure with a dark appearance and long hair, and a few times I may even have caught glimpse of short claw-like hands held in front of it. Thin and flat chested, I suppose it is androgynous.

Other times while I sit in my room watching TV etc, it happens suddenly, the hairs on the back of my neck and my legs raise, and a cold chill sweeps through me. I suddenly get the feeling I am being watched. An eerie presence about the room makes me desperate to leave, quickly.

These things all contribute to the negative vibe about the room, and these things I could get used to, but one night changed everything.

January 5th 2008. I made plans to head off to bed for about 11pm, so I can head off early to go for a jog the next morning. I sneaked downstairs for a packet of crisps and a drink to bring back upstairs (everyone asleep at this time) and back up to my room, switch on the small TV and settle down snacking in my chair whilst I watch a film.

When I was finished I changed, closed the curtains, turned off the lights and jumped into bed, the time was roughly 11:12. Reality fades...

Clump. My body jolted, the first thing I noticed was the sudden temperature of the room, every part of me was pouring with sweat, the sheet I laid on felt sticky almost. I was sizzling. My head turned to the clock mounted on my desk, the dark green glowing digits: 3:42, this had never happened before, "Why am I sweating so much and what the hell just woke me up", I thought. I felt too awake to fall back to sleep, my mind racing, I stared into darkness... That very moment the most hauntingly demonic growling sounded from behind the window.

My heart dropped and I felt a sudden rush of blood to my head as my entire body paralyzed in utmost fear, my eyes clamped shut. No less than ten seconds later I witnessed the most hellish sound of clawing against the window, I thought it would never stop, it must have lasted a full five minutes before it died down. I remember laying there trying to block out the furious scraping, shuddering in horror, it was hell. I opened my eyes, and slowly stared towards the curtain. If I pulled it back I would be able to see this 'thing', but as it lashed against the window so desperately I just couldn't bring myself to do it, I laid there in agony until finally, and finally it stopped. I laid awake for five minutes more, waiting, and then fell asleep again.

A few details I would like to add: We had lived in the house for nine years by that point.

No other family member experienced what I did that night (I asked the next morning)

Nothing suspicious found on the window the next morning.

Thank you for sharing my experience, all comments welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mika888, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
Did you ever check the electric field levels of the room? Can play horrid tricks on your mind and since it only happened in one room, it may be worth checking. Its not sleep paralysis, because you would be at your desk and see it (sorry, saw some sleep paralysis posts, but that can only effect you within five-ten minutes of waking up.). Yet electric fields when they are high can cause feelings of terror and visions of dark creatures that aren't really there. Since you are also an atheist, I thought you would appreciate a scientific answer. Electric fields are really easy to test for.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
I believe religion has a bearing on personality because it often plays a factor on the decisions that people make. I am an atheist myself, and I know that sometimes it's scary for those of us who doesn't have a religion to run to when dealing with supernatural things with no other way to revoke them than saying "Go away!" But I'm not going to start believing in God because it's convenient and I'm scared. Anyway, I'm not going to debate anyone's religions--I respect people who believe and do not believe in God equally. But I do think it has a bearing on their personality. I also respect that luvparanormal probably has more life experience, and that even though JP is 18, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's had all the experience he'll ever need to draw a conclusion. I'm 22 and I still don't have that down.:)

So back to the story--I'm not sure what it was either, but it definitely sounds like somtehing bent on just freaking you out. Try not to let it get the best of you. Tell it to go away vocally, and also try telling it telepathically. I've had this work for me because whatever it is might not be in the room at the time. If you don't want to go through with getting your house blessed, try something else like a bit of salt on the doorway and windowsill to isolate the points of travel, or perhaps try burning sage incense. I've heard sage is a good cleanser. If you like, you can try a spiritual cleansing--that is to say, just focusing your positive energy on cleansing the room of the negative energy. Good luck!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
JPing and Lovparanormal. I cherish you both for your advice and knowledge you both have. I believe that religion is always a very delicate topic to talk about. I came to a conclusion that when we argue about religion we all try to prove our rights. And somtimes this proving can be force3d down the throught. I met a family memeber not long ago who doesn't believe in the paranormal. I started talking this and that but I came to a conclusion that there is no point. It is there opinion and we should leave it at that. I understand why Jping was mad but I to understand why Luvaparanormal was mad too. I always say this when someone argues. Every one knows how to fight but only the wise know how to prevent one. Evry one has there opinion. We don't have to understand it. But we must RESPECT it. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I may just be a teenager and all, but I like horror flicks from the 70's and 80's, and I think you just watched Pumpkin Head one to many times. Read the description of what you saw out the corner of your eye, and then look at the cover of Pumpkin Head. That's what you saw? I know that is going to start some stuff here, cause I see what you wrote to some others, but that is the image I thought of when reading the words. We are all allowed our opinions here, right Mr. Martin?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Sorry to break in on the running comment section here, but would it be possible to describe the sounds of the claws on the window pane as a type of panicked scramble? Almost as if the thing was "running" against the window? Was it a heavy clawing as if trying to "grab" the glass and hold on to it? Or to pull itself through it? Reminiscent of nails on a chalk board?

Also, are you thinking that this androgynous (for those of you who may wonder, it means neither clearly male nor clearly female.) being is on BOTH the inside and the outside of the room, THROUGH the window?
COBzeppelin99 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
alright man, I know you may be an atheist, but you should take this advice. Get a catholic priest to bless your house. My friend knows this works for a fact. After you get your house blessed, a house angel comes to guard your house. My friend has seen one before. Also, if you want, you can work on a thing called a servitor. I currently have been studying servitors, and they can take the shape of what you want. You can give them a task. They can warn you when evil is dwelling. Definetely get the house blessed man, because that sounds very much like a demon.

P.S.: That same friend who saw the angel also used to live in a house which had a miniature demon (Imp) in it.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
"my window is about fifty feet from the ground"
- Mika

Whoops, my bad. I must have missed that in the story. 😁

In that case, yeah, something strange is definately going on.
niallacaldwell (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
My borther previously lived in Jesmond, Newcastle in order to attend the University.

I believe that no animal could get up there at your window since I visisted that area and know the kinds of buildings that are there.

On the contrary I am gald I have never seen anything like that when I was there visiting but my brother lived in an old, old house with his room mates and they also reported hauntings. Less sinister of course than yours!

(My family are all sensitive to the paranormal, you get used to it after a while)
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
to loveparanormal

Well now that's just degrading. You are in effect saying that my opinion is inherently flawed simply because I don't have as much life experience as you.

Please do not pretend you know me or my experience with religion without first having heard why I believe as I do.

"...Besides this is a website for the supernatural and other things not for commenting religion..."

That is utter rubbish and you MUST know it if you are a senior poster. It is without question the common belief held my many people on this website that religion plays a major role in supernatural events.

To my knowledge I have not once posted a generalisation about people based on their faith. How then could I possibly offend someone when I am standing for equality?

No I do not wish to discuss religion with you because you have quite clearly stated that you do not believe me to be your equal.

I wish you well.
Jamie
Mika888 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
It cannot have been real, I know the scratching came from MY window, and my window is about fifty feet from the ground, no hanging ledges, just a normal brick wall.
Unless...oh my god... Why did I never think of this before...ofcourse! The legendary Spider-wolf!
... 😜
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
to James or Jping,
My comment was simply that. I don't see how you can have so much experience on religion or anything for that matter since you are only 18 sweetie you are starting to live. We can talk when you turn my age and have more experience with life. Besides this is a website for the supernatural and other things not for commenting religion. If you would like to do that fine just don't do it here.
Religion is a very delicate subject one that you have to know about in order to discuss.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
"surely you are implying the spirit of a wolf or dog?"

No, I was implying the possibility that it might have been a real animal rather than a spirit. I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what it sounded like.

So I'm asking you: is it possible that the sound may have been of terrestrial origin or was it without a doubt, WITHOUT A SINGLE DOUBT, HOWEVER SMALL, something out of this world?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
OMG!
You must have s...t bricks, not the standard bricks either. I personally would not sleep in that room again.
Mika888 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Thankyou very much for all your comments.
I have being doing my best to trace some of the house's history, the furthest I got was discovering the previous owner of my room was a heavy smoker... 😕
Coming back to Jping's comment, " Feel free to tell me it couldn't possibly have been", surely you are implying the spirit of a wolf or dog?
I think personal beliefs concerning religion in this case is only significant baring the matter of whether or not I would bless the room or, attempt to repel the being in any situation using faith. Thanks again.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
"...The way they behave and the things they do. Then again that is her opinion and this is mine..."

It would appear that I have just been referred to as a chick. I'm a bloke. 😆

I'd be interested to hear your opinion on just how religious and non-religious people differ personality wise. In my experience they don't.
Ryo (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Well, that's great! I can't imagine how was your feel when the ghost appear... Anyway, I aggree with mlc13, you should blessed that room...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Wow thank you for sharring this story with us. I foumd it very interesting. I agree with Luvparanormal taht religion does imply to someones personality. But thgats not aI wanted to talk about. I believe that there maybe something that "haunts" your room. The way you described shows me your telling the truth. Others may claim that basically there is a haunting in there room everyday but that sometimes tells me somone is trying to have a laugh at us. Here you showed me that this has been happening for a long time. I suggest you to do a smudge ceremony. It is said that that works the best. I on the other hand blessed my house and that worked to. I think there might not be a demon in your house but maybe it is a spirit who can not fully manifest. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Sorry about your room being evil, no I see I'm lucky that my kitchen is the evil one. But maybe you should have your house blessed, even if you're atheist and all that. It may be the only way out if you do have a demon in your house or I could be wrong 😆
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Wow very interesting, I kind of dissagree a little with Jping about "A person's religious views or lack thereof does not imply anything about their personality" A person that has no religious beliefs is very different to one that does. The way they behave and the things they do. Then again that is her opinion and this is mine.

Anyway back to your story it is very interesting and thanks for sharring. I can just imagine how frustrated you were not knowing what was happening and with so much fear.

I would not be able to even start to imagine what the could have been. I would recommend like the others did that you research the history of the house. Your answer may lay there.

Good luck and be carefull
Cdn_Tinkerbell (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Thank you so much for posting you story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You really have a great story telling ability.

The first thing I would do is research on the house and the land at your local town archives. Your country is so old and full of so many ghosts and spirits that I do not doubt what happened to you.

I do look forward to reading more from you.

Keep safe!

Jennifer
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
"I bare strong atheist views, just give you a clearer insight to my character"

A person's religious views or lack thereof does not imply anything about their personality. Such biased generalisations annoy me.

I dissagree with TormentedSoul's diagnosis of sleep paralysis (shocking for me, I know 😉). Mika says he was paralysed by fear, not by some ghostly force and he was able to move.

I bet you're glad you didn't pull back the curtains. That could have been REALLY scary. Your description of the "thing" reminds me of a hellhound from 'supernatural', the TV series.

However, it is possible that it might have been some sort of animal. A large dog perhaps or even a wolf. Feel free to tell me it couldn't possibly have been.

"A few users on this site claim the existence of an 'evil' room in every house"

Haha. I believe I said that. I meant it more as a joke then a fact. Not all houses are evil and not all evil houses have a single 'evil room'.

Naturally the more history a house has the more likely it is to be haunted. Especially if the house has any violent history.
TormentedSoul (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
thats sound like its sleep paraysis

Maybe yoou should see a doctor first that's what I did

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: