You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Mom And I's Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom And I's Apartment

 

I was sitting in the front room reading a book, listening to my portable cd player, when I heard one of the kitchen chairs scoot out and hit the washer. Thinking it was my mom, I got up walked into the kitchen, but no one was there. Noticing the bolt on the door was still locked, I pushed the chair back in, went into the front room and heard the same thing again, but only this time, I heard a man cuss and he sounded angry.

So I got up turned everything off, locked the front door, and when I got to Melissa's she was in bed, so I walked on to the nursing home. When I got to the nursing home, the RN, told me what room my mom was in, I found my mom, told her what happened, and she asked if she could leave early.

When we got to our apartment, everything was like normal, so, my mom fixed us some hamburgers and went to bed. Sunday morning, I got up and was taking a shower, when I heard foot steps coming up the stairs, unfortunately, I forgot to grab a towel, so thinking it was my mom, I asked her if she could get me a towel, but no answer.

So, I forgot about the towel and got dressed, I looked in my mom's bedroom to see if she was in there, but nothing or no one was in there, so I checked my bedroom still nothing. Thinking it was my imagination, doubting that, because of the experience I had when I was a kid.

I was heading down the stairs, when I felt a gust of cool breeze pass by me, knowing there wasn't any windows up, I ran down the stairs. I asked my mom if she was upstairs, and she said no. Then, I told her what I had felt on the stairs, and she said she had felt it too that morning.

That night, my sister K and brother in law Wayne came, they asked if they could stay with us until they found a place, and my mom said yes. I baked some cup cakes and we were sitting around talking, when I looked over at my niece, I noticed she was looking at the corner and said hi.

The second time she done it, she said hi and waved, thinking she was doing it to me; I looked at her again, and noticed that she was looking behind me. So thinking it was their dog, I turned around and nothing was there. My sister and brother in law thought she was doing it to me, but I didn't say anything.

After we finished talking and everything, we all decided to go to bed, my sister, her husband, and my niece, was taking my bedroom for the night. Wayne asked me if he could listen to my radio, so I said he could, and he switched it to a classic rock station, and I went on to bed.

The next morning, Wayne was telling mom and me that he had the radio on classic rock, and was drifting off to sleep, the radio had changed to jazz, never believing in stuff like that, he said it freaked him out, and he went down stairs and fell asleep on the couch.

Fifteen minutes later, my sister K and my niece came down, and K said that my niece kept laughing, like something was making her laugh. Kim said she just smiled and went to sleep. Later that day, my mom seen the manager of the apartments, and she told her that there was an apartment for Kim and Wayne to move into.

So after helping they move their stuff in, later that night Wayne said he was going to get some beer for him and Kim. When he got back, he asked if one of us went to our apartment, and we said no, and he said when he drove by as he was leaving, the kitchen light flicked on and off, and he seen a black shadow.

He said he figured it was one of us. So, later that night Kim and Wayne stayed the night again, and we noticed that their dog kept looking at the stairs and growling, but after a few minutes he stopped.

The next night they, stayed in their apartment, it started storming and the power went out so my mom and I, got some flashlights and candles, we lit the candles and turned the flashlights off to save the batteries, and we were sitting on the couch, when the air started having a violent angry feeling to it.

Not thinking anything about it, we looked to the bottom step, and seen a black figure of a person, we turned the flashlights on, but nothing was there, then when we turned the flashlight off again, we seen the figure walk by our window, so we turned the flashlight on again, but nothing was there then.

Even though, the feel of the violent angriness was still there, it went away when the electricity came back on a few minutes later. So when the lights were back on, my mom went up and was going through her jewelry box, and found a cross necklace she had for a long time, and hung it up.

We didn't have anything more happen that night, So the next day, my mom asked the manager of the apartment if anything ever happened in the apartment, and she told my mom, all she knows is before she came manager, that there was a guy and his wife that lived there. The guy came home one day after work, and found his wife and cousin together, they got in a fight, and he shot his wife, his cousin, and then turned around and shot himself.

After that we moved out, and they could never keep anyone in that place. A couple had moved in there, and the next night they moved out. A month later, a Mother, her boyfriend, and her son moved in there, and we had became friends with them. We told them that we used to live there.

Without us mentioning anything to them, she asked us if we moved because of things that that they were experiencing, without us saying anything, she started explaining everything that happened to us, and that her dog, which is a lovable dog, would go sit at the bottom of the steps and growl like he wasn't going to let someone come down.

To this day the apartment, doesn't feel right, and no one will stay in it longer than a month. They said there was one person that lived in it for a year, because that was all they could afford at the time.

Sorry this story was so long, I just wanted to share with you another experience I had. You can choose to believe it or not, I explained everything to how I remembered it, which it isn't something, I have been able to forget. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Brownie09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brownie09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi ChrisB, thanks for the comment, My brother in law don't even want to talk about any of it, I brought it up one day and he told me to be quiet, which him not believeing in any of it, it didn't take him long to figure out that his and my sisters old apartment was haunted too, things would be switched around. It's another story I'll have to write about, but people say that half the apartments in that complex is haunted, and were part of the first apartments built.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hello Vicki. I haven't met you hear before but I'm glad I did. I realy enjoyed reading this story. The way you describe things shows me that you too are a little puzzled at the things that have been happening. All I can say is that I believe and I know that all this was caused by a spirit or even spirits. Your brother in law sure had a hard time getting used to things being a non believer. I checked you profile and I'm very glad you joined us. By the way you have a beautiful cat!. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi Rhodes, it was my radio that my brother in law was listening to, but I never did see nothing when my niece was doing that too, I looked around thinking it might have been their dog she was doing it to, but when I turned around no one was around, and as you saying about the man not wanting other men around due to the fact of what happened, Me and my mom didn't think about that, cause we didn't start seeing the figure of the man, until my brother in law and sister stayed there with us, and I do remember that when that woman moved in there with her boyfriend and son, she said her boyfriend felt like he was pushed down the step on the stairs. So thank you Rhodes that might be what it was. 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
You were definitely sharing your space with the "previous tenant" and since the history behind the event was rather disturbing, it is only logical you wanted out of there as soon as possible.

Although you said you had heard a man cussing and later, when all the family was gathered, you definitely sensed his anger in the air, I noticed he never, for as long as you were there, challenged you. He challenged your brother-in-law by switching his radio to another channel. Could he have reminded him of the other man who took his wife away? Did he hate all men and only men or was it wise not to stick around to find that out?

I was also wondering if the the child was smiling and waving at the same person behind you that night or whether there were more than one presence in the house.

Thanks for another great story!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Thanks Judy, and luvparanormal, First off I have to say it was pretty scary, My brother in law said he seen the black figure in our apartment, but their apartment, which was two down from ours at the time, turned out to be haunted too, which is another story, and I am planning to post. People said that some of the other apartments there, in that complex, was haunted, but I can never say because I never did go into them. So maybe there is a connection in all of those apartments, which people has said that they were some of the few apartments that were first built, but they had just been remodeled over the years. THanks for ya'lls comments.
Vicki 😊 ❤
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hi Brownie. I really enjoyed reading this story, it gave me the goose bumps. The apartment was definitely haunted. I feel it is haunted by the guy that shot his wife and cousin and then shot himself. He is not at peace and very restless. I would have moved on to another place too. Sounds pretty scary if it doesn't hold tenants long. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Great read! Jude 😉
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Very interesting. One thing that I wonder is if the deaths were in your apartment then why would there be something in your sisters? Her husband mentioned that he had seen something there too, right? I bet that the whole building is probably haunted.
Thanks for sharring
Good story!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Thank you Emma, I have had a lot of experiences with other things, and at first when all that started happening, I just thought it was my imagination, but after my sister's and her husband's dog done that I knew there was definitely something there, but I didn't think it would be what we had seen and found out about the place. It was just too freaky. 😊 ❤
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
This is another good story that I've read recently on this site. It was well thought out and well written. You seem very courageous to have suffered through that and I'm glad to hear that your mom took you away from that situation. The previous owner of my parent's home committed suicide and once we moved in, he began to scare my brother and mother. My mom told him (in essence) to knock it off and promised to take good care of the house. He left us alone after that. In your situation, your entity seemed very hostile, no doubt over the situation that caused him to commit suicide.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Thank you Biemaster, yeah we have had a lot of experiences. It seemed as when my mom hung the cross necklace up we didn't have anymore trouble, but the other people that has lived there said they have experienced some stuff. 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hi Brownie09 and thanks for sharing your account with us!

You sure had a lot of experiences. That place was surely haunted! I think that the black shadow which you saw must have been of the man who shot his wife, cousin and himself. Thanks and I'm looking forward to more of your stories!

Biemaster

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: