You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Can Spirits Follow You?

Real Ghost Stories

Can Spirits Follow You?

 

I lived in a house for sixteen years, and I had a lot of trouble with all the light globes. They would just explode in the socket, or fly out from the socket, either hitting a member of my family or just missing them. I had an electrician out to check the wiring twice, and all was in good condition. He made a joke and said there is nothing wrong with the wiring or electrical, so you must have a poltergeist.

I moved over to the UK for two years, got a house and settled in.

Then, the light globes started flying out of their sockets and exploding in their sockets. Again, I had an electrician out, but he couldn't find anything wrong with the wiring or electrical.

I am back in Australia and have been for the last twelve months. I am just renting this house I am in now.

No light globes have exploded, or flown from their socket. However, when ever a light was switched on, the light bulb would blow and I had to replace them.

The other day, I was sitting at my computer and I heard a big smash. I jumped up and went into the dinning room. There on the floor were the remains of my big heavy glass light shade and light globe, shattered to pieces. I looked up at the light socket. The big heavy light shade had a big hole in the middle of it, so the globe must of shot out at some force. I was telling my daughter about it when she came home and the TV turned itself up so loud that we both got a fright. Then, my mobile phone was on the dining table, and both my daughter and I watched it bounce off on to the floor.

Since then, three more light globes have exploded. I am starting to feel scared. Also, I feel uncomfortable when I am in the house on my own.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, livvy_poolekirkby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
From my experiences, spirits follow if you have taken something from the old place they might be attached to or they just liked being around you.

I lived in a haunted place for 33 years and apparently a soothsayer told my friend the spirits have followed me but now in my new place I have not felt anything weird in my apartment but in the surroundings. Apparently the area I live in had some weird goings on in the past. Maybe talk to a psychic?
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
Looks like you are being followed, so the best thing to do is pray for protection, no matter what religion you follow, pray that you are protected from this violent spirit. Hopefully it will help
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
I think the best thing to do is move out, or stay with someone close for a while, because it's just not safe to stay there. Also, it's unhealthy to feel sick and un-easy in a house, or anywhere. I just don't want any innocent strangers getting damaged, especially if they're just a little kid. I hope you can find a place, soon! 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
Nah, it is not JUNK, livvy_poolekirkby, it is JUNQUE. I just noticed something as well. You mention walking down a street and turning out lamplights. I do that same thing (well, technically they only flicker). In fact, I was trying to locate the story where we had a brief discussion about it, but it MAY have been in the chartroom. 😐
Try out the compass.
I, too, "hang out" with healers. Uh, I am considered one of them, but I need to point out something. When Sai_Chan is using the word "weakling", in MY thought process, that is NOT meant to be degrading. It is just a term used to mean that you are perhaps not as strong "all around" as others. In SOME cases, those who are termed weaklings are actually the STRONGEST in the group, only in something ELSE.
There is no shame in that. Everyone has their weaknesses and their forte. We tend to use what our strongest talents are on a daily basis. I can not make a lasagna that compares to my brothers. But then, he can not make my cannolies. No biggie.
I would be interested in knowing what the compass tells you.
Thanks again.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
livvy_poolekirkby

Just read the comment you put about your uncle. What a evil man. Did you ever tell anyone of the abuse? Is he still alive?
livvy_poolekirkby (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
Whitebuffalo
Thank you for telling me to keep holdof my junk, I will cleanse all of them, even tho they are junk, they are beautiful peices to me.
Hope you are well.
God Bless...x
livvy_poolekirkby (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
Sai_chan
I will go out and buy a compass, and I will let you know the outcome...
I did have a healer visit me to cleanse me of an incubus, I don't know if it worked or not, it did for a while but lights, crushing, and incubus has been with me now for a few years.
Since I'm back in OZ for 12 months its only been the lights, wonder how long it will be before the crusher then the incubus comes.
Thank you for listening to me...x
Sai_Chan (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Livvy, I am so glad to see that there are so many readers willing to contribute to help. I hope I can help a bit too.
Have a compass ready. Put it at a place without metal interference. Don't hold it by hand. Some people have magnetic force. If you put it on the floor, be sure down under has no metal pipes.
Then from a distance of 6 feet, walk towards the compass,
If it deviates from the previous reading, there is a problem.
If it deviates about 1 degree, your physical health has problems (e.g. Liver).
If it turns 360 degrees, spiritual entity is present.
If it turns many rounds, powerful spiritual entity is present or you are possessed.
When you walk towards the compass, empty your pocket of all coins, cell phone, or belt.
Many people have eye-sight problem, the 1 degree deviation is not easily spotted out by most.
A normal healthy person should have no effect on the compass.
If your problem is within this category, we will deal with it step by step.
Also, the compass can be used to check areas of the house that is unclean. If it deviates from the normal reading about 40 degrees (a quarter of a circle is 90 degrees), there may be a sewage pipe underneath. The weakling may fall or feel dizzy while entering this spot.
Have you or your friends been with the healers group?
No matter these healers are kind-hearted or not, they are dealing with the spiritual world, weakling is always in conjunction with sickness or bad luck after a period of time hanging out with them.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
No, I do NOT think you should get rid of your possessions. They are now YOURS (provided you legally obtained all of these items 😊).
Just take ownership of them.
We LIVE for garage sales, second hand shops, and things found on the road marked "free!". What I do when I happily bring one home, is to put it out on our back patio (or out in the shed) and CLEAN the item.
After I have shined it, dusted it, knocked out all of the dirt and dust that are stuck within drawers etc, I simply take a bit of sea salt and pure water (Occasionally I am in need of Holy water, and I use that instead.)
I just wipe down, and out, the "stay behinds". I leave the item outside and in the sunlight until the water has dried, and then bring it into the home. There are some words that I say, as well. But I do not think that to be imperative. I believe your THOUGHT pattern works just as well as a chant.
Once you break the connection (taking ownership of the item) the ghost WILL move on. IF this is a ghost connected to a material item. As these things appear to only happen within your dwellings, I should think it WAS one that is connected to SOMEthing. It would be time consuming, but it would not hurt to cleanse ALL of your items just to make sure you get the "offending" item.
Thank you.
livvy_poolekirkby (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Ahimsa, thanks for that, I waiting to meet up with a friend of a friend, who knows about these things, so I will keep you posted.

Whitebuffalo, I did take all my furniture and belongings with me, even my junk, and some objects I have bought in Second hand shops, Do you think I should get rid of these objects, The spirit might go with the object.
Thank you everyone I'll let you know what happens.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
livvy_poolekirkby,
I am just curious. All of these new places to live, all these like experiences. I wonder, did you take ALL of your previously owned furnature, jewelry boxes, clothing, EVERY thing with you?
More often a ghost will align itself with an OBJECT than a person. Please do not get me wrong, they DO attach themselves to persons, as well, but they tend to attach themselves to something they have OWNED and LOVED.
I would suggest a house cleansing, smudging (there are WONDERFUL instructions here on the site for that), or blessing. I would further urge you to "clean" all of your previously owned furnature (yes, a coat rack and a hat tree count as furnature) with some pure water (or holy water if available) and sea salts.
Say out loud that you will no longer tolerate such behavior in your home. You already know there is something there, it just does not need to be rude, or you MAY be forced to "push back". I really do not get the feel that this is a "bad" entity, just wanting or THRIVING on the attention it is getting from you.
Thank you.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Yell out loud to the ghost!" I know youre here now! Please stop shattering glasses please?!" =] maybe he wans to conversate with you or something
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I don't think I could have sad any more here. All the posters have said what had to be said and I agree with the. Thanks for the story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Ahimsa (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
livvy- I know a lot of the groups that do paranormal investigations or "ghost hunters" as they are often called, use electromagnetic field (EMF) detectors to determine if there is a presence in a home or wherever. Maybe you could contact a local group and have them come out and see what they find. They can also measure you to see if you have abnormally high EMF readings. The human body use electrical impulses to regulate the heart and the communication that takes place in our central nervous system happens through the + and - charges of the chemicals inside of us. Maybe something about your chemical makeup is putting out a higher electrical charge than usual.
livvy_poolekirkby (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Easykiel I will look into that testing. And find out if it can be done 😆 I'll let you know.
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
"Easykiel, I didn't even know that I could get checked out for electromagnetic anomoly."

Yeah, I don't know if you can either 😆 but there must be some sort of testing that can be done, and if you're making streetlamps flicker and go out as you walk past then something odd is going on!
livvy_poolekirkby (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
I am getting scared now, and when do I tell it to leave, do I have to wait for another light globe to blow or can I tell it to leave now. Also where to I go to find out about this electromagneting test...?
Thank you everyone you have all been a great help.
livvy_poolekirkby (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Easykiel, I didn't even know that I could get checked out for electromagnetic anomoly. It only happens in places I live, but whenever I go for a walk at night time every street lamp goes out as I walk by it.
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Have you ever considered getting yourself checked out for any kind of electromagnetic anomoly? Does this only happen in places you live in or does it happen everywhere that you go? It's possible that it's something about you that causes this rather than the attachment of any ghost. Just a thought.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
it may not be you exactly. It could be this 'thing' is following something that belongs to you or that you have with you.

Tell 'it' to leave. Make sure 'it' knows that it is not welcome in the name of the Lord. It obviously wanted to get you attention adn it has. If these light globes and such are hitting people, my opinion is it is time to make it unwelcome in your home.

God Bless!
voulme16 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
yes ghost can follow you and autumnsmommy mite be rite because maybe it likes you or it wants to hurt you maybe it from a passed life. You never no
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
you might have a spirit attracted to you. You neer know. Has your daughter witnessed anything else unusal in the house while you either there and in another room or while you were not there? The next time that it happens you might want to ask it to stop and see what happens. It might stop it knowing that it made you upset.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: