You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something In My Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Something In My Hallway

 

This story happened the other night while I was sitting on my bed, leaning against the wall, using my laptop. When I am sitting on my bed, to the right is a window, to the left is the doorway, and in front of me is my TV and my computer desk.

I was talking to my friends on MSN, around 10 pm. I only live with my mum, and her room is straight across from mine. Her door was open and I could hear her snoring, so I'm positive that what I saw had nothing to do with her.

I was typing away, when all of a sudden I saw something out of the corner of my eye in the hallway. This "thing" was white, oval but long in shape, and seemed to be partially glowing. It looked as if it was floating about half a meter off the ground. I turned to look at it, and as soon as I did this, it vanished. I thought that was very strange, but I didn't think anything of it and kept talking on MSN.

After about twenty seconds had passed, I saw it again. Once again, I turned to look, but it vanished. I went back to typing, and I started to get creeped out by this. Then, the third time, instead of seeing the white thing, I saw two small white circles, but once again, when I looked, they vanished. I was too scared to keep my door open anymore, so I got up and closed it.

I'm not too sure what this was. I always feel a presence in my room, but I've never seen or heard anything until now. I told my mum and she said it might of just been glare from my eyes from staring at the screen for too long, but I don't think that was it.

What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by courtneyOMGG

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, courtneyOMGG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gravyardzombiequeen (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
there is definitely something going on!

Has this occurrence happened more than once?
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
Parents usually never believe what kids have to say.

I believe that you do have something in your house.

Stay Safe! ❤ ❤
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
I just really do hope it was a trick of my eye... But what could explain my wardrobe going crazy 😕
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
I believe that many things can be explained. We must remeber that the eye can realy play some nasty tricks on us. But if this might be a spirit then I would suggest blessing the place. I hope top hear from you soon and take care
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
autumnsmommy, I think you may be right here, it may also be my grandmother who passed away when I was in year 3.
It could be either, or maybe just a complete random 😜

Jmak, about 3 or 2 years ago, my mum and my best friend at the time and I used an ouija board in the loungeroom... But apart from that, she hasn't used one, I haven't either.
And I live in a unit block, but I'm pretty sure my area was just a lot of grass and paddocks and things before it was built
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Hi courtney, thanks for sharing your experience with us. You said that your mother used to mess with ouija boards, do you think she might still be using it? Could that have caused the activity in your home? If not you might want to research your house to see if anything ever went on there to cause the things you've seen. God bless.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Read my story 'The Grandmother I've Never Knew'. It took my grandmother 20 years before she contacted me. It only took my grandfather 2 years before he did so. My grandfather passed away in 1991 and my granmother in 1975. The last time I saw my grandmother was Janruary 2007. I believe they can come whenever they want to let someone close to them know that everything is ok. I can't say that that is the case in this story, but it sounds kind of like it. If it happens again maybe you should say his name or ask him to stop.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Easykiel:
Yeah that's what I was thinking at first, but now the wardrobe thing, it's kind of creeping me out 😜
KimSouthO:
From where I'm sitting, no because there's noway that reflections can be coming in, but it didn't look like a reflection, it looked like an actual object! Scary stuff haha
Autumnsmommy:
I haven't had anyone close to me die recently, but when I was in year 5, (I'm in year 9 now) one of my best friends, Daniel, he passed away. And I've been thinking about him a lot latley.
But I don't really know if it would be him?
If it was wouldn't he of done stuff just after it happend?
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
now your wardrobe is going crazy?! Have you had anyone you know or close to you pass away recently? That could explain alot. If not, the next time it starts to act up again tell it to leave and never come back that it is not wanted in your home.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Is it possible you are seeing some type of reflection from other homes or cars? I knowe that would not explain the wardrobe, just curious...

God Bless!
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Just wanting to balance out the possible explanations here, but it could just be corner of the eye phenomena. Which would explain why it vanishes when you look directly at it. Perhaps the light from your screen is reflecting slightly off of a door and in your peripheral vision this is becoming exagerated.

Of course on the other hand it could be the beginnings of a manifestation of some sort.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Not since then, no.
But 2 nights ago I woke up to a loud bang.
My wardrobe doors were shaking (I have a big wardrobe with 2 doors that slide, they're mirrors) And last night I realised that they had been taken off the rails.
So I'm not sure what that was.
UnkleFester78 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Orbs are a possibility for the smaller two, and the larger one sounds closer to a full apparition or mist. I have heard of actually seeing these types of thing by the naked eye. I even had a friend who claimed to have video evidence of two orbs chasing each other, but could not find the tape. 🤔
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
an orb is the first thing that came to my mind when I first read your story. Have you seen them anymore?
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
That's what I thing because the smaller two looked like orbs
The larger one... It didn't look like a body or anything, maybe just a really really big orb?
Haha 😜
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
have you ever thought that you might have seen orbs? I know people say that they only appear on pictures but you never know
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
3? Well that does make sense.
My mum isn't much of a skeptic... She's done ouija boards and stuff when she was my age.
It was strange though,
How the first one I saw, was much larger then the last smaller two
voulme16 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
you know parents are skeptic (if nothing ever happened to then) so don't mind your mother and I think you may have 3 in your house

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: