You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Slightly Psychic

Real Ghost Stories

Slightly Psychic

 

I'm new to this site but feel that sharing my experiences will help me, even if they are milder than others.

I've always felt that I'm slightly psychic; I feel more than I see things. My nana and grandie died (4 months between each other) when I was 11 and I have always felt that there with me. I still talk to them if I'm ever feeling scared or alone. Had a slight accident a couple of months ago where we left a deep fat fryer on all night and me and my other half have lived to tell the tale. I believe my grandparents had something to do with us still being here today!

Any way, as I have got older, the odd other experiences has happened to me.

When I was 17 I came in about just gone midnight and got into bed. I can remember feeling really happy and in a good mood as Id had a really good night. I was facing the wall and as I rolled over in my bed my quilt was lifted as if someone was getting in the bed with me! I can remember screaming 'NO!' and jumping out of bed but getting out at the bottom! I ran to my mum's room and told her I needed her now! She came out and when I told her what happened she didn't believe me (she's very skeptical) but I forced her to get in bed with me for that night and for about a week slept with my light on! Whatever it was it scared me very much but I felt if I spoke to my grandparents it would leave me alone. For the time being it did!

Three years later I was sharing my bed and room with my boyfriend. I slept by the wall and he slept on the edge. We still lived with my parents then and one night after we went to bed I woke up to see a figure in a red hooded coat standing over us. I couldn't see the face but I could see it had blonde hair and could just make out a nose and mouth as it the hood was covering its eyes. I just lay my head back down, shut my eyes tight and cuddled into my boyfriend. Told him about it in the morning but he just laughed it off.

Again, I just asked my nana and grandie to look after me.

We recently this year in April moved into our own house. I did feel so happy and it felt like home, until the past few weeks...

It's a new house and only 5-6 years old so it can't be haunted. It started off with me having a dream late one morning. Id woken up early when my boyfriend got up for work and as I didn't have work myself, I drifted off back to sleep and I dreamt I was still in bed but I was definetly scared of something but couldn't see something. When I tried to call out my voice wouldn't work and when I tried to move, my body was a dead weight and I couldn't, I knew I had to wake up! I didn't feel alone but I couldn't see anything!

When I did wake up I felt ok and at peace but then I started to question myself if I was asleep or in a trance? I really didn't know. I told my boyfriend about it and at first he didn't believe me but due to recent events, he's told me not long after I had this dream that he had a similar experience and felt something was on his legs and he couldn't move them and he tried to fight it and he said he could remember thinking 'your not getting the better of me' and then it went away.

Nothing more has happened to him since then but to me it has. I constantly feel like I'm being watched and that I'm not alone. You can hear next door quite clearly but the thing is some bumps and bangs feel like they're coming from up our stairs. I feel like something is watching me do everything, even when I'm in the shower. I felt so strongly about this the other night that I took my picture of my nana and grandie to bed with me and its still on my bedside table.

I just want to know how to cope with this and if it means to cause me any harm. I feel so down and scared when I on my own in the house but once I leave for work or go out I'm fine and don't feel scared any more. Its got to point where I was having a bath the other night and my boyfriend was only down stairs (our stairs are in our living room and the bathroom is at the top of the stairs) but I felt like I needed to put a towel by the door to stop it from slamming shut by someone. It's really getting me down. Can anyone advise me how to get rid of this presence or at least learn how to cope with it and not feel scared!

Please Help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jojo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jojo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Thank you for all your comments, Its Really much appriciated!

I feel so much better that I am not on my own and that you have all explained your opinons and helped me to understand more clearly of things.

Emma2008, your very right in stating my grandparents being 'old fashioned' and yes, you do have a valid point... I think they would have preferred me to be married first!

Ghostgirl24, Thank you for explaining the hooded figure. It has comforted me very much.

Once again, I thank you all for your advice and after reading these posts I feel more at ease!

Peace be with you all and I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Xxx
❤ 😆
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Don't let fear overtake your mind. As someone who has experienced paranormal visitations, you need to realize how empowered you really are. I have been in the middle of some very scary things, but have come out unscathed due to my belief system. If calling out to your deceased grandparents makes you feel safe, go ahead and do this. You can read more about empowering yourself against things that go bump in the dark by visiting my web page at www.ghost-e.com

Don't second guess yourself... Research your property as land does hold residual information. The more knowledge you have-the stronger you will be. Remember to push fear away. This weakens you and empowers entities. Do your homework to better understand what you are up against. Blessings... Ghostseer 😊
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
I believe you when you say that you feel like your being watched because I have the same feeling at times but think of it this way if this presence was out to hurt you in any way it would have done so already, spirits good and bad have a way of showing you that they are around. If this was a bad spirit you would know because it would have done something to hurt you. I truley deeply think that this presence is your grandparents looking after you and watching over you. As for the hooded figure at the foot of your bed I wouldn't be worried about her because I too have seen her she is what you would call a night gaurdian someone who watches your soul while you sleep basically protects it from any harm. Feel lucky because a lot of people don't get to see her, you did and that's a true gift. God Bless and may she watch over you still.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
I would rather not bring this up, but I suppose someone should. If you feel you are being watched and protected by your grandparents spirits, well, how do you think they would feel seeing their young granddaughter in bed with a boyfriend? As most grandparents are old-fashioned, I would think that they would be a little peeved at seeing you with someone else in your own bed. Honestly, I think you can chaulk up your experiences to sleep paralysis, bad dreams, sprinkled with a little overactive imagination and paranoia. I don't see anything too paranormal in your story.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
JoJo, Welcome and thanks for sharing. It is hard to decifer what is reality and what is fictional specially when you are sleeping. It might be a dream yet it feels so real.
As far as your dreams go I would not take them to serious because that's all they are, unless you are dreaming that you are being scratched and you wake up and your all scratched then I would worry about it. Sometimes dreams can be your consience making you see what you are already thinking about. Specially if this has been on your mind and you are thinking a lot about it before you go to sleep.
As far as the thumps and bangs you hear try listening carefully to them. Are they coming from next door? Or from inside the house? Are your neighbors close to you that you can hear everything they do? Also think could it be the furnace or the water heater, or even the plumbing? You always want to discard any obviouse reason as to where the noise is coming from.
If you have already ruled out everything and you cannot figure out where it's coming from or what it is then you might want to do a cleansing. Here on the website you can find instructions on how to do one. Another thing that you can do is have lavender around the house and keep a cross and a bible in each room and if you can read psalms 23 it will comfort you.

I wish you good luck and keep the faith.
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Your house might not be very old, but the land it is built on could be haunted and that would explain it.

You say that you don't feel this way when you leave the house, so I would not say that you are haunted.

Do some background research on the area and see if something adds up.

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm sorry to hear that you are under such stress. Take care.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Don't let your mind play games with you. Always highly think about yourself that you are stronger and powerful and no one or not a thing is going to hurt you.

I do believe what you are saying. There are times when I'm afraid of ghosts or phenomenal things that I don't want to figure out or being spooked.

Be strong. If it doesn't work tell God to be in charge of you and you are with him. Has to be the bottom of your heart.
steph1016 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Hmmm...well, there's some debate on this, however, in my experience, I have found that there are haunted places and haunted people. Some people say that "haunted people" are merely people who are possessed, however, I do believe it is entirely possible for a spirit that is non-demon oriented to attach themselves to a person who they are drawn too (much like in real life - you are drawn to certain people who eventually become friends, lovers, etc...). Whether it be because of that person's energy, the fact that the person can see/hear/feel them, or because they are an ancestor related to the person.

Personally, I think it's a good sign that you obviously have protective spirits that watch over you. Mine are all on the other side, so I only see them in my dreams instead of seeing them in this world (in my world that's how I differentiate. The ones that have not crossed over can be seen/felt).

Try asking this presence, politely, if it will stop bothering you. Tell this spirit (if that is what it is) that you have a life and that it is time for him/her to move on to the next plane of existence. In my experience, a true ghost will usually move on or quit disturbing you after you say this to him/her.

If that does not work, then it is time to speak to someone who has experience in dealing with these sorts of issues such as a paranormal investigator or a religious leader who has dealt with this. Also, I would suggest being evaluated for mental illness. Your story will carry more weight for a true paranormal expert or investigator if you have valid proof that what you are experiencing is not a psychological delusion.

Good luck, honey!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: