You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Warriors Who Still Haunt Shark Bay

Real Ghost Stories

The Warriors Who Still Haunt Shark Bay

 

Port Allen is a 12-minute drive away from my house. It's one of the few places I can drive, and take my chihuahua terrier mix dog. After all, she is just under eleven pounds and an encounter with a large, unleashed dog is not a good idea.

The Harbor includes a large cove overlooking an area they call Shark Bay. Ominous title, but true! The sharks are attracted to this big harbor because of all the fishing that goes on. On any given day, there are ten to twelve fishermen, with three to four poles jutting out and over the high cliffs. I drive past them all and head back to an area on the outskirts of the point.

I had heard the rumors about the GHOSTLY Warriors, but I wasn't worried. This was probably my twentieth visit to the location and as a sensitive, I hadn't seen them...yet.

The section I chose to go this day was located a bit farther than my usual stops. The pale blue of the ocean was intense and I was looking forward to climbing in and out of the Lava Rock formations. No sandy beach here! Lava rock separated the ocean from the land. Driving isn't easy in this area because of all the rocks. There isn't a road and you definitely do some off roading through some pretty crazy dips.

My Dog, " Faith ", was bouncing and whining in the passenger seat and she wanted out in a bad way. It made me smile to see her cute little doggy grin. I wasn't the only one who was ready for a walk. The day was bright and sunny and the sound of the sea is music to my ears.

Carefully maneuvering the truck between a couple of large boulders, I parked the car. Faith was really going crazy by this point, so I opened the doors and let her out of the car. Without a second look at me, she bounded out to a pathway covered in broken coral. I unlatched my seat belt and stepped out of the truck. The trade winds hit me full force and I leaned into the warm caresses.

The sun, the trade winds, it couldn't have been a more perfect day. I looked around and realized the dog and I was all alone. No fishermen here! Grabbing a baseball hat from inside the truck, I slammed the truck doors, locked it up and headed off to find the dog. No doubt she was sniffing around the tide pools. The only problem with seeing her was due to the fact she blended in with the black lava rock!

" Faith", I called out. I spotted her little coconut shaped head when it popped up at the sound of her name. She was in an area never occupied by the fishermen. I wasn't sure why but the answers would be apparent and soon.

Walking along, I took in the sights, the sounds and the feel of white coral crunching underfoot. It was a really pleasant, comforting sound. Made me feel like I was one with the land, air, and sea.

I came upon a section of white coral that was blinding. The sun had bleached it to the whitest of whites and I sat down in the middle of it. It felt...different. As soon as I wiggled myself into a comfortable position on the polished coral, I knew what was different about the place.

The sounds of the sea, the trade winds... It seemed like everything had drifted away. The sounds were soft here, almost muted-is about the only way to describe it. Puzzled, I wondered what this meant but I didn't have to wait long. My dog was whining at me from her stance on the lava rock and she wanted to come to me but I could see she was resisting.

This couldn't be good, I thought to myself. This is when the first stone hit me in the back. Stunned, I scrambled to my feet. While I was turning to face whoever had thrown the first stone, a second stone caught me on my shoulder.

" Owwwwww..." I said out loud. My back and now my shoulder were stinging from where the stones had landed. I could feel welts starting to form.

When I was fully turned around and facing my attackers, I was shocked to see a group of five men. They were ethereal men and the brush and landscape were visible through their bodies. I didn't know what to expect, so I stood there and stared at them. They stared back with an intensity that made me a little nervous.

Quickly, I took in their attire, which was very little. They were tattooed from head to toe and they held up some scary looking spears. Their skin? Was brown and shiny. I couldn't tell if they wore clothing over their lower body, as this mid level section of their ghostly form... It was lost me. I could see markings over their arms and legs but it's like they couldn't fully manifest their whole form.

I didn't feel threatened by them and I was pretty sure the stone throwing, was a warning. They didn't say a word but started to back away. With each step they faded away. Within five steps or so they were completely gone. I looked around for them but there were no signs that they were still watching me.

My little dog was literally bouncing up and down on the rocks; her shrill barking was nearly frantic. It was the first time I noticed she had been barking. When the "Warriors" were standing before me, I hadn't heard another sound around me. No sounds of the sea, no trade winds whistling through the brush...nothing. It surprised me but as I walked toward the dog, who was standing on the outskirt of this white coral circle, all sounds grew louder, became normal sounds.

I picked up the dog and comforted her and she looked back at me with relief on her little face. Holding her in my arms, I glanced back at the area I had had my encounter. It looked different than the surrounding landscape but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Turning my back on this enigma, I headed to my truck. I was two steps into leaving, when an image filled my mind. As a SENSITIVE, I closed my eyes and watched the pictures tell its story.

I could see carved boats as they moved in smooth formation toward the coastline. Four boats were filled with men, like the men who had stood before me. Flash forwarding to another scene. The men were now on the land and some sort of ritual facing the sea was taking place. I could hear baritone voices singing. The vibrato, filling the air was beautiful and eerie to hear. It was happening so fast, I was having trouble taking it all in.

The last thing I was shown... They were back in their boats, and paddling away from the land. As the scene ended, I opened my eyes. I was touched that they chose to show me this. It was time to get some answers but there wasn't anything in the local history of the area.

Later, when I asked some of the local fishermen about the area surrounded by white coral, I was told it is a sacred spot. Finally, some answers! No one fishes there because it is bad luck to do so. The ritual I saw? It was intended to HONOR the Gods of these long-ago Warriors, before hunts, or fishing.

In the future, I will respect the old ones, as they are called. By the way, I had bruised reminders, for almost two weeks!

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
:) I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt... I can't believe nobody thought to warn you about it... I mean really? Do they want you getting hurt?

Great retelling thou!

~Tora~
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Life and Death are so closely related, briefly feared, but inevitable for all. Blessings, Ghostseer
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Wow this was a very interesting story. Thank you fro sharring it with us. It sometimes makes me think what we can expect in everyday life. I'm sure you were shocked in what you saw! Thanks again fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
DeviousAngel: Yes, I could have lived without the stones bouncing off my body!. Respect is a powerful thing, and I don't cross those boundaries. Blessings for your comments, Ghostseer
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
I'd just like to say that you're an excellent writer, and I appreciate you sharing your story with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful encounter on that day, and although they threw a few stones at you in warning, you might not have fully grasped the meaning of their presence unless you'd seen them. I think they appreciated your connection with nature and the spirits, and perhaps that is why they manifested to you.

Warmest blessings to you and your doggie!:)
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Rhodes68: I am not aware of the story you referred to (Australia), but I am sure there are similar stories, and experiences...worldwide. Yes, I felt blessed with the vision, and it's always nice to find an explanation. Many times, one walks away with a big question mark instead. I always respect history, no matter where I have been in the world. Hawaii is a beautiful place to live, but there are soame very scary areas.

Masako: Which Island?. I am on Kauai, but I visit my Uncles Home on Maui a lot. Ancient sites need to be respected, and the Entities, who choose to stick around- they are quite powerful. I would never make light of their power.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
It sounds like you were granted with that vision as a gesture of "acceptance" by the natives. Sometimes one needs to remember that when "stepping" into another person's territory, they should proceed with respect for the land and the history it "echoes". Obviously you were perceived as a "respectful traveller" and even more, your ability to see beyond that beautiful scenery was what made your experience exceptional that day. You were allowed to be at Shark's Bay as opposed to the fishermen who were driven away.

You had me confused for a moment as I thought you were referring to Captain Dirk Hartog's "Gathaagudu" at Cape Inscription, Australia. It took me a while to realise you were talking about Hawaii. What a fascinating place to live Ghostseer!
Masako (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Hey Ghostseer! Awesome story. I grew up in Hawaii myself, and have to say that out of all the local paranormal stories, the ones involving the ancient Hawaiians make me the most weary. You never know when you may accidentally wander into an ancient sacred site or forgotten burial ground, and the ghostly penalties for doing so are often more than just an angry apparition. The scene you described afterward is very uplifting, thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: