You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Unexplained Hauntings: The Beginning

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Hauntings: The Beginning

 

Will I thought it was time to share with you the rest of my story. I should of started with the very beginning of how strange things happened before my brother passed away but I'm new at this so please bear with me.

My brother became ill the end of January 2007 and then the first week of February is when he was diagnosed with leukemia. I have to say it was the worst day of both our lives. For several months my brother spent most of his time in the hospital. It was truly a very difficult time for both of us.

I spent most of my time at the hospital with him and I even quit working because I needed to be with him as much as possible. My brother did stay with me at my home for a week but he was very sick so he had to be readmitted back in the hospital. Most of the time his son who is 29 years old and my kids would stay with me at the hospital and he loved the company.

Will one day we all left him for a few hours after his breakfast and I had to go looking for my sister, she has a lot of problems. I found her at the park with this horrible guy anyways I chased him away from her and I took her home. I then hurried back to the hospital because I wanted to make it on time to feed my brother his lunch and my kids and nephew went with me.

As soon as I walked into my brother's room he looked up at me and said are you ok I was worried about you fighting I thought someone hurt you. I was kind of shocked and my family definitely was because we knew there was no way possible my brother could have known what happened.

My brother was in a lot of pain so a month or two before his passing he was unable to hold the phone to his ear so we would always hold it for him if he wanted to talk. I knew he didn't talk to any one on the phone and I even questioned the nurses. All of them said they didn't help him with the phone. I kind of let that incident go by but one day again my family and I left the hospital for a few hours and I told my brother that I would be back to feed him lunch. My family and I decided to return a little bit early and we were all starving so we went to the hospital cafeteria. We all were undecided what to get and they were serving tacos and we thought about buying the tacos but we all decided to get something different.

After we ate we all went up to my brother's room and that's when we all got the shock of our lives. My brother looked at me and said sister why didn't you get the tacos those would have been good. I didn't know how to respond to his question at first and my family looked very confused. I finally was able to speak after a few minutes and I said brother what are you doing following me around town and he said I sure am with the biggest smile on his face.

To this day I really feel he was telling me the truth that somehow he was following me. He always knew what we were talking about and we were no where near the hospital. It was very strange. My kids would always ask me how he knew things and I always told them the truth that I didn't have the answer.

One more thing that happened that was very shocking to me and very sad was one day I was so upset because the Doctor's kept on explaining to me that my brother was terminally ill and he was going to pass away soon. I was in denial for a long time so after the Doctor talked to me I left my brother's room for a while. I went to the chapel and I prayed. I asked GOD to take away my brother's illness and to take me instead; I was completely by myself praying.

After that I went back to his room. By that time my oldest daughter and nephew were visiting him and my brother said to me, "sis I wouldn't wish this on any one you don't want this." He then said, "you have to face reality I'm going to leave soon and you can't stop it." Some how he knew that I prayed and asked that GOD take me instead. I'm not sure how he knew such things but he did. My family and I talk about all the incidents that occurred before he left us and I finally told them about my praying incident.

I definitely want to finish my first story I just felt a need to tell what happened before his passing. About a week before he left us I asked my brother to watch over us when's he's gone, he said he would. My brother would always tell us how he will miss us and we knew how much he loved us. He slipped into a coma on a Saturday and that following Monday he passed.

Other hauntings by csuegar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, csuegar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Im very sorry for your loss. He must have been a good man. I'm very sure he loved you all. I believe that many miracles can happen. This incident is one of them. Thanks again fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
I really think he was demonstrating how he would always be with you in death as in life in his final days.
Amazing story! I am sorry you had to go through such a thing. 😐 ❤
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
RHODES68 THANKYOU For your comments. I do feel that my brother is still watching over me. I do feel you are right about him wanting to protect me. He was my best friend and he was a wonderful Uncle!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
I was overwhelmed by your story and especially your love for your brother! I'm terribly sorry about your loss csuegar!

I don't remember ever asking you if your brother was "sensitive" in his life but then again it comes as no surprise to me that your "bond" coupled with the fact that he was about to cross would allow him to see through your eyes. I assume that during his last days, he was "granted" with this power as he obviously felt that he had to protect you when he'd be on the other side. Emotions during such times can be so extraordinarily powerful that allow us to overcome our physical limitations to stand on the border-line of the two worlds, and "see" not so much with our eyes as much as with our hearts and souls.

He's definitely watching over you. You are blessed!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Thank you for sharing your story. I know the death of a loved one is a very difficult thing, and it sounds like you and your brother were very closely connected. I don't think he was necessarily following you, per se, but I think he may have sort of drifted with your spirit, sort of living vicariously through your body while you were out and about. I can't explain it correctly but it's kind of like watching life through someone else's eyes, from the first person perspective.

I wish the warmest blessings on you and your family.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
That must have been a very difficult time for you emotionally. The amount of running around you had to do, looking after your sister, your children, your brother. Did you get any support yourself?

When people pass away, we always say a prayer for them and ask that their soul rest in peace, and they be happy whereever they are now. I think your Brother was not able to move on as you asked him for something and he is clearly fulfilling your wish, A week before your brother passed away, you asked him to watch over all of you when's he's gone, he said he would".
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
What a touching story - thank you so much for sharing it. In your writing I can tell how much you loved your brother. Obviously he adored you and was/is deeply connected to you. It seems as if, before your brother passed, he was already trying to let you know in spirit that he will always be with you, not too far away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: