You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost Lady That Hated Men

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Lady That Hated Men

 

Back in June of 2004, I had a girlfriend that lived in Llandrindod Wells, Wales, that I visited quite often. The house was an old Tudor building, three floors, very tall with high ceilings.

On my first visit there I felt very cold, but I put it down to the house being very old, with old fashion windows. What that night had in store for me was unbelievable. There was me, my girlfriend at the time, her sister, Hannah, and Jaques who was Hannah's boyfriend. We all decided to stay up all night. It didn't work, we got tired and retired to our rooms respectively. With it being my first time there, I had to share the bedroom with Jaques, top floor, where most of the paranormal seemed to happen.

All three tried to scare me with stories that night, but I wasn't really a believer. Jaques fell asleep, but I couldn't. Something was bugging me. I couldn't sleep, and kept hearing noises. I opened my eyes to a white mist, something that made me think I was dreaming. I started calling Jaques, to wake him up, but got no reply.

I got out of bed and shook him until he did wake up, and we didn't have a clue what was going on. We both ran out of the room and down the stairs to the first floor, to where Hannah and Amy were sleeping. On my way down there I was stunned. I couldn't move, and was just looking up to the bedroom when a face appeared in this mist. It was a woman with long dark hair. Then I saw a little boy run across from one of the rooms, to another, straight past this mist. Then I heard a door slam. I was eventually taken downstairs and given water and something to eat, still shaken as to what I saw.

I didn't end up sleeping at all that night, and only agreed to return to that room as long as I could sleep in the same room as Amy. I thought I'd have a peaceful night, but was woken up about five am by a quiet breathing sound. Scratches appeared on my body and started to bleed, with me being so pale, they showed up even more than on most.

I woke Amy, everybody else was woken up, and we all went downstairs and sat around the kitchen table. Jaques told me he had been in the same situation before in the house. We decided to check out the history of the house, and it turned out to be an old Whore house.

A lesbian woman lived there, that preyed on innocent men. It turned out she would take them upstairs and kill them, with them thinking they was getting something else, and then she would take their money and dispose of the bodies. She did this to seven men. One night, a man that she attempted to kill, turned nasty and beat her up so bad she died from her injuries. It turned out this man was a policeman at the time.

Ever since this incident, all the men see things in this house, and get horrible feelings when they're inside. From the outside, the house looks cold, inside it is very comfortable unless you're a man. Then you'll know about it.

This was the worst experience of my life. I have never been so scared. Why she targeted me over Jaques I don't know, but one thing is for sure, and that is that I won't be going back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JohnCraig7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

starryd (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
I actually know this house and have been in it just by chance I searched haunted houses in llandod, and straight away I knew what this was about, I was great friends with amy and hannahs brother james! And jaques uset to ride my horses! I have seen and felt things when staying in the room at the top of the house that was james' we were silly enough to watch horror films allnight too haha:p but it was a halloween movie night! They were the good times haha but sadly james died in april and he's said to have presence around the house now too!
Rip james, love and miss you always...
cbear (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
i think I have been in this house not to sure tho but the house I was in was old and had 3 floors and big rooms and it is cold and feels weird being in there 😕
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-24)
No disrespect to anyone by my comment, I really have no problem with Lesbians or gays of boisexuals for that matter, each to their own.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-23)
I sincerely hope that you did not use the word "dyke" with the object of derogating the woman.
My apologies if I am mistaken.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-22)
Wow, Kim! I get 'vibes' from stories on rare occasions, but nothing even remotely approaching what you describe!

At least she loved her little boy, though, and if I understand correctly, so did the other women (or was it another woman?) in the brothel. She might have been mean as a snake, but the fact that she was a loving mother gives her at least one redeeming quality in my opinion. 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-22)
I am confused where did the description of woman come from, red hair, stood about 5'10" and was mean through to the core and not made so from the rape, that description paints a picture of a dyke in my head. 😕.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Hi Everyone Well My friend is lesbin and she told me why she become one cause men hurt her and become lesbin but I ask myself I know all men don't hurt women by become lesbin.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
How very interesting, Kim.
Know what I got? Auburn hair (same as red, just a bit deeper and mixed with brown), WICKED mean streak (wicked meaning "horrible"), and very tall. Not quite as slender as what I would think a "popular" woman of the night would be (all in the eye of the beholder, though), and walked with "character".
Interesting. Pretty close.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I apologize for my typing as of late, I recently had hand surgery and it shows 😁

God Bless!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I have revisited this story a number of times since originally reading it.

This story gives me the creeps beyond belief!

The woman was not a lesbian, she was a hater of men, there is a differance.

She had red hair, stood about 5'10" and was mean through to the core and not made so from the rape (although it certainly was a contributing factor on the reason for hating men) mentioned in the story but from years and years of abuse she endured at the hands of men, at least two.

The child was loved and well cared for by the woman and the other woean working in the house,

I hope thisd place is torn down. I gues it really doesn't matter though, she still wanders the area with her child.

Okay, I am glad I got all of that out. I have dreamnt and day dreamed (I guess you caould call these flashes day dreams) about this situation since first reading this story.

You can take what you want of the comments and leave the rest.!

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Really? Dang, I gotta get out of this chair more.
Huh, I had no idea that UK did not have a Prohibition. Guess I missed that part of my history classes. It was probably one of the times when something "more important" was going on during that hour, at a different local.
Maybe I should have stayed in THAT seat. 😊
Well, I guess now all we can really do is wait on the "filler" facts!

PLEASE do not let us down, John!
Thank you.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Absolutely, DA! It's a point I'll readily concede, and there have probably been members of law enforcement who are of less than sterling character since Sir Robert Peel organized the first one. Sad, but true, not being out of the realm of possibility, and definitely not improbable.

BTW, this is no way, shape or form meant to disparage the huge number of police officers who have served very honorably time out of mind, and who, I like to think, make up the majority.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Oh! 😆 Well, then I guess that makes that point moot... All the same, corrupt police systems are everywhere and it's not hard for me to imagine that the same kind of thing would exist elsewhere too!

Blessings,
DA
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
DA, you make a good point about Prohibition, but according to the post, this took place in Wales.

The British Isles never had Prohibition, only the good ol' USA--apparently other countries were sophisticated enough at the time to realize that one group's idea of morality can't really be legislated.

However, I'll readily admit that dirty cops can be found anywhere!

WB, good to hear from you!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Hello! THERE she is. Hi there, libertybelle.

1.) EXACTLY!

2.) Yeah (word stretched out, and slanting my eyes to the side) Did NOT think of that...

3) Yep. Can TOTALLY see it happening. But do "whore houses" have separate entrances? I guess I just assumed they did to accommodate the odd hours worked. I mean, it is not exactly a 9-5 occupation. Neither is it always an 11-7 job. It is a HOUSE, not out on the streets.
Right? <shrugging, raising eye browns and frowning) I don't know.

4) AAAND... (sigh) Yep. NOPE. Good point.

DA, (snapping) Excellent point. Kick backs for a few laid backs. (Sorry, just remembering what the Grandfather used to say.)

Thanks Guys! (Uh, Gals.) 😉
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
whitebuffalo, you're welcome! Trust me, unless I already knew how it was prounounced, I'd be doing the same thing! I Get cross-eyed looking at names sometimes! And you're exactly right--Jean-Claude is another French name where "Jean" is prounouced more like "Zjonn." Couldn't have put it better myself!

Libterybelle: that makes sense, the way you put it... It might not be too far fetched, I'm just wondering how much of this is rooted in fact and where the information came from? Also, I'm going to guess-timate around the 1930s time period, during the prohibition era where whorehouses were very much frowned upon unless they were 'friendly' with the local police, in which case they were generally protected--quid pro quo.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Okay, time for me to put in my two cents. 😆

1) There is the bisexual angle, which could account for the child easily.

2) There is also the time period--when did this occur? Since policemen were a development of the nineteenth century, it's not likely that all this occurred earlier than that, and the question remains, how LATE did it occur? 1870's? 1940's?

3) A rape victim might go on a killing spree, but what of the other inmates of this brothel? Didn't they suspect anything? I mean, men going into this house and never coming out again would, I think, be really bad for business. Unless her victims were all transients, wouldn't somebody have noticed that the men went missing?

4) A lesbian prostitute isn't as farfetched as many might think. Most prostitutes are in it for the money, not because they're especially fond of sexual activity.

I guess those are my main questions. And it looks as if my two cents doubled. 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Thanks DA. If you would have seen me sitting here trying out all sorts of pronunciations for the name, you probably would have fallen off your chair. I think I got all of them, SAVE for that one. 😆 Well, kind of. I ALMOST had it when I "stumbled" on Jean Claude VanDamn's name (Did I even spell his name right?).
THANKS!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Yeah, there's a lot of weird details here, I'll admit... I don't really understand why a lesbian would be a prostitute unless she was doing it to look out for the other girls, but even then subjecting herself to having intercourse with men would be like a man subjecting himself to intercourse with other men...she'd either have to be really desperate or bisexual, as Surya suggested.

(By the way, whitebuffalo, I think it's prounced "Jox" where the j is closer to the soft 'zj' sound in "dungeon" rather than the hard 'chj' like in "January." It's the French name for Jack.)

Is there some kind of public record that can verify the history of the home? I just think that not enough about it is really explained for us to get a grasp of what happened to cause this haunting! The killing would be enough but the details are fuzzy...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Woo Hoo! You GO, Surya!
That is EXACTLY where I was going with that line of questioning about the woman.
There are no coincidences. There is SOMEthing about that particular part of the story that is "tugging" me. 😉

Sorry for the interruption, John, I WARNED you I was interested in this story. 😆
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Oh I forgeot to ask why would a lesibian want to prey on men, I thought it would be woman! 😕
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
so the lesibian had a child before she was raped so I am taking it she is not a lesbian but may be a biosexual unless she was raped before she was raped. Which family does she not bother? Why would Jacque stay in a house he has been attacked in. Why would anyone for that matter. Maybe you would be kind enough to answer my questions as well.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Thanks John, MUCH appreciated.
I am ASTOUNDED.
Is it DOCUMENTED FACT that this particular woman was, indeed, a lesbian? The reason I question that, is that I should THINK that perhaps there may be some sort of connection TO females, by a lesbian ghost. Like, a companionship attempt, possibly. I do not mean that she should be a sexual predator, and it really sounds as if she is no longer interested in the sex, as all she did TO you was scratch you.
So, the little boy was the "lady of the night's" SON? Wow. My first question THERE would have been, Did the police officer kill him as well? I see, that you have no clue as to what happened to him, though.
This MAY be a bit far fetched, but, do you know if the boy child was born of this supposed rape that the Mother went through before the killing spree occurred? Or was it a bit more rapid fire? Meaning, she was raped, and a month after her injuries healed, she was up and seducing. I would think it a rather difficult situation to find yourself in, becoming pregnant as a direct result of a rape.
Perhaps the "reason" (I will not go into my philosophy on why I feel some are heterosexual, and some are homosexual. This is NOT the place, and would probably start a war) for her "becoming" a lesbian?
Neither of these two bother the family. Do they seem to reach out to strangers, or is it that the family has "accepted" their presence? What is your FEEL to that?
You do not have to do all the footwork, you could just e-mail me the name of the town/city/villa and the title of the house (If it has one) or some other identifying information. I would be happy to do all of that. If you would LIKE to do all that work again, I will accept it 😊, but if you want to just supply some of the facts, I would be happy with that as well.
Thank you so much. Looking forward to your next set of answers.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I would like to know is what connection is there between the lesbian and the little boy. Why would a lesbian work in a whore house? Why on earth would someone who has gone through what you have step foot back in that house, and then not even tell you. No more comments from me, I am confused very confused 😕
JohnCraig7 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I will try and answer all your questions.
I do still talk to all the family we get on really well, from what they say it is only the men that visit that experience such things.

Jacques experienced a physical presence, he got pushed and scratches also appeared on him, but neither of us took any photos, at the time I did not think about it.

I am not sure what stunned me I think if anything it was the face that was in the middle of this mist.

From what Amy's mum says, the little boy ran into his room that night when his mother got killed and there is not anything in the history books as to what happened to him, I do not have any documentation although I could maybe try and get hold of it as we only went to the town hall to find out.

As to the noises they started coming from the door and eventually sounded like it was right in my ear, in the bedroom the beds were both single, although not that far apart, so I can't say that for SURE.

Now I did not find everything out but from what Amy's mum told me is that before any of this started she was raped which is why she took out her revenge, I'm not sure as to the detail about any of that.

The eighth man did survive but after that incident there is not anything else about him there so I can not say what happened to him.

The spirits do not tend to bother the family, including her brother, which I found strange although when they first moved there he did say he got pushed. The family see the little boy run across the landing from time to time, possibly a nursery?

If there are any more questions I will be happy to try and answer them as best as I can.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
I would be tempted to say the power of suggestion and being overtired. Jaques on the other hand had some experiences but you did not say they were exactly the same as yours. So I don't know if what you saw was residual or intelligent haunting. The scratches would indicate intelligent haunting. People have been slapped, pushed or felt like they were being strangled by unseen hands. Some would say this is a physical manifestation of fear but again it's a theory. Since you are no longer with this girl I guess you may never actually know what happened to you that night in that house. If this was happening in my home I would engage a good psychic medium and a good ghost hunting team and hope the spirits could be sent forward and not continue to linger.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
I am so excited about this story that I have LOTS of questions! 😆
I will try to keep them in order, according to the story written, but I make no promises.
WHAT has your ex-girlfriend experienced solely? This is her HOME, what has SHE been privy to?
You were hearing noises when you woke up and noticed the White Mist. What types of sounds were you hearing? Were they the "normal" house settling noises, or something that COULD be thought of as "more"?
When you were "stunned" and could not move, BEFORE looking up and seeing the Mist again, WHAT had stunned you at that point, or was it because you and Jaques (I am sorry, do you pronounce that as Jackie?) just ran down the stairs after your shaking him awake?
The little boy that you saw run PAST the Mist and into one of the rooms. Any clue as to who he was? The door slamming, him?
When you were in the room that Amy was sleeping in you heard a breathing. Are you absolutely positive that this could NOT have been Amy's sleep breathing that you heard? The scratches that appeared on your body (Photographic evidence?), WHERE did they appear?
When Jaques told you that he had "been in the same situation before in the house", do you mean to say that he, as well, was scratched by something there? Same room? Did HE take photographs?
So your research brought out that this was a former "red light district" house, in which a woman who was not overly fond of men worked (did your research show WHY it was that this woman decided to seduce, then "knock off" these seven men?). Did the eighth man survive? You state that he beat the crap out of her, ultimately killing her, and that he was a police officer, but did not state if the injuries that he sustained took his life.

It is really a good thing that you wrote that she had killed the seven men before she succumbed to the same fate she bestowed upon them. I would have probably suggested, that as it was a male that KILLED HER, that was why she was targeting men NOW.
Do you have any photographs of either your, or Jaques' injuries from this house?
Would you mind supplying the documentation of the research that uncovered such a terrible secret? Maybe just the name of the woman, and the date of the policeman's visit? I would LOVE to learn more of this experience, and feel the most opportune way would be to research the home personally.
Thank you.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Icky...Made my skin crawl for many reasons, and on many levels...Bad, bad place...Blessings, Ghostseer
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think I will refrain for a while with this story.

God Bless!
JohnCraig7 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
I hope so too, I hope they're shown the light. It was a frightening experience.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: