You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostly Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Encounters

 

My stories take place in my apartment. It's small, one bedroom, and is basically a big square divided into four rooms. There are a set of stairs that lead up to my living room, seven to be exact. When I first moved in, I always had a strange feeling about the place, but being out on my own for the first time I figured it to be stress and nervousness about renting my first apartment. Although I have always had this sixth sense, if you will, about ghosts and when they are around, I decided it wasn't anything paranormal. Unfortunately I was wrong.

My first experience was pretty surprising. I was sitting in my bedroom in my rocking chair when I heard my screen door and front door opened. For fear someone was coming in my house, I stepped out and looked towards the steps. I heard someone, or something, walk up my steps, down my hall towards my bedroom, just a few feet in front of me. Then they turned around and walked back down the hall and down the steps with a menacing laugh. Then "it" went back out the door.

My second experience was a lot more violent. I was standing at the top of my stairs looking out my open front door. All of a sudden I felt this chill go over my whole body. I felt my legs/feet being pushed from behind and down the stairs I went. As soon as I hit the bottom this evil voice boomed from the top of the stairs and said "GET UP, GET UP NOW!" I was terrified and in lots of pain. I ended up going to the hospital for some bruised ribs and a very minor concussion. Since then a couple of minor things have happened, stuff being moved, voices saying stuff, but nothing like the first two. Who knows when the next big one will happen.

As soon as it does, I will let you all know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

simywimy (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Hey I know hoe you feel. There is obviously some mean spirit in your apartments, and you want to handle it yourself (After all moving would be a lot of effort) but I think if there are any more "BIG" or "CREEPY" disasters, you should move! Good luck,

simywimy ❤
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Dear Brittany, Glad to hear things are better in regards to the "mean spirit". I want you to know I am concerned for you, and please if it gets too much for you, please find another place to live. Life is too short and complicated as it is with real live people, let alone unseen, mean ones and/or entities. We all do not need either in our lives. You are in my intentions for only good and great things to come your way. You deserve better, you deserve the best.

Pay no mind to the mean spirited live entities who post. Thankfully, Martin cleans up their messes. Thanks Martin. :)
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Hey everyone, thanks for all the advice. The "evil" spirit has went into hiding and I am going to leave it alone until its ready to come back out and "play,"and I use that term loosely. I have faced much more evil spirits than that one, and this time it won't sneak up on me...lol. I just wanted to update you all on the small new things that have went on. There are many noises(loud steps, laughs, and sometimes growls.) There are always shadows walking pass the door, wether its open or closed. And I have gotten a sulfuric smell that pops up every great now and then, but other than that all is well.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
The first incident you describe almost sounds as if it is a residual haunting. Trapped energy being replayed. Now being pushed down the steps, I have been there and done that, don't want it again. You should have your apartment and yourself blessed or a cleansing ceremony performed. The reason I include yourself is because sometimes spirits like to attach themselves to one person and they can and some times do follow those they have become attached to.
Peace, Luck and God's Love be with you.
jus (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-18)
Jesus you better move out. You have an abusive spirit guy living there, who feels he can just beat up on anyone. Move out ,and I hope you don't go to this website from your apartment. The ghost could probably read the screen and know what your planing.

good luck ...before he decides to follow you
maria (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-18)
ya rose is right you should get out now!
you might get killed! Please the you need to go somewhere safe!
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-17)
You must get out! Now! Knowing you are aware of their presence, it is obvious they don't want you there. Don't talk to it nor ask questions. Don't even wait for what they can do to you next. Never try to be alone in that apartment. Don't even mess with these forces. Take great care and listen to the peoples comments advices.
Mairaj (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-17)
I'm really surprised that you are waiting for something to happen, I mean if that thing can push you down the stairs then it can probably do anything. If I was you I would get the apartment blessed. Try communicating with this entity to possibly get some answers, but I would definately do something rather than just waiting.
Trish (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-17)
That was very interesting, when the next thing happens please let me know.

Thatdamnkool96 [at] yahoo.com
Sector (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-17)
Paranormal activity such as this experience is not okay. You should do your best to leave as soon as possible. Dyane (guest) is right Paranormal activity is not easy to evacuate out of. It's obvious that these spectral events are taken place and it is clear that they are trying to (as they say) *Haunt* you. Best of luck.
Dyane (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-17)
I personally think you should get a new apartment, Paranormal is not easy to evacuate out of. If you know what I mean.
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-17)
Hey! Get Out Of There, While You Can, I Don't Think You Should Take A Chance.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-17)
Dear Brittany, I think it's time to get the classifieds and look for a new apartment. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: