You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Door Opening Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Door Opening Ghost

 

A few years after I retired from the Fashion Industry, I grew tired of being retired. Some of you can relate to this!. I know, funny, but- so true. After having worked seven days a week, for well over thirty years, I was use to juggling two to three work projects at one time. I ran businesses, and I raised my three children (my husband had a big hand in supporting my busy world)...

I admit it, I was (still am) a type "A" person. With a Type "A" personality, one of the first things I learned?...Mellow out, things don't have to be 100% perfect. It took time to learn that lesson, but I found it made my life better, more relaxing, more resistant to giving in to fear.

It really helped in dealing with my Paranormal experiences. I learned to step outside the activity. It taught me to understand all aspects of the Haunting, without my emotions coming into play. Want to know how?...taught myself to stay calm, to focus- with subliminal tapes, prayer, and new age music (some work better than others!).

My music seemed to attract Ghostly visitation. I would be sitting on the floor in my living room, when apparitions would enter the room. I believe it is a combination of my relaxed state, and the music playing. It places me into an ethereal state, and the entities seem to find me easier.

It's a long story, but I will get to the point. I went back to work! (you saw that coming, right?). I jumped into a type of work I had never done before, and I thought it would be enjoyable. I became a Dog Walker!. Complete opposite of anything I had done in the past, but I knew my love of animals, and desire to keep active, would be an interesting challenge... And it was!...

In less than a year, I was working "when" I wanted to work, and I picked and chose my clients, and my hours. The only downside?...I was entering a lot of households-many of them...HAUNTED!

I will share this first experience. This Apparition CHOSE to stay on earth, and I think "clinging to the past", was his personal enemy.

We will call him, "Gentleman Jim". His quiet voice and gentle nature lulled me into believing I was safe. The first thing he did when I unlocked the front door?, he pulled it open for me, and stepped aside. This is why I nicknamed him, "Gentleman Jim". He opened ALL the doors in the residence for me. When I entered a room, He stood. You don't see that in this day and age.

Gentleman Jim had lived well into his nineties, and he came from the old school of thought, where ladies were treated with respect and a step back (no touchy-no feely), and the men?, well, they were the bread winners, the support system and strength of the family unit.

He showed himself to me as he had been in the last days of physical life. I saw an elderly gent-with a spray of white hair. The deep crags and lines across his face? To me, they expressed emotion of someone who laughed freely, and often. As time went on, He was no longer a visual transparency, but a more solid spectral being. He carried a white mist around him, but I could him clearly. He clothed himself in the style of the 1940's?-just a guess here.

Gentleman Jim wasn't a big man in life, slight in girth, and maybe 5'6 at most. His eyes appeared to be brown, and I think he wore dentures!. It's funny the images I get from the deceased. He kept fooling with his mouth, and he didn't want to smile without placing his hand over lips. These were probably memories carried over from the physical world.

Now, "Jim", he was a softie. The two labs belonging to the recent residents of his old home, they knew he was around... And they liked him!. There was no fear of him, and I felt warm and cared for when I went there to care of my two charges, "Louie" and "Mustard boy"-two of the sweetest labs you will ever encounter!.

The job was for three weeks, and I would be visiting the residence... And Gentleman Jim, two times a day. From the first hour, I was resolved to convincing him to leave the physical plane. He didn't deserve to be here any longer, and I was confused as to "why" he chose to stay on. He did seem content, but that's not always the best thing for someone, not even a GHOST.

He didn't speak much, but when he did-Oh My!...I would go about playing with the two labs, and "Jim" would follow me with stories of his life. He had been married for 32 years to the most wonderful woman, he called-"The Love of my Heart and Soul"...her name was "Edna Rayanne", and his eyes sparkled when he spoke of her.

I took it slow with him, but as the days counted down to the final two visits, I knew I had to take action. In a soft voice, I encouraged him to speak of "Edna", and when I saw the loneliness and longing in his eyes, I told him he needed to go to her.

"Gentleman Jim" seemed genuinely surprised to hear this. It never occurred to him to leave his old home. After all, he had been there for part of a half a century!.

As I said, I took it slow, and I was careful in my words. Each apparition is different in what they are willing to hear, and it is hard for some. "Jim" was ready to go!. I had been hoping it would easy, but you never know until you get started with the words.

It's a long or short process-sending them on, and I have to wait for a kind of energy or power-to flow through me. It isn't my doing, when they move on-I am just an instrument that is used. I take no credit for their crossing. With lots of prayer, and love, they move on...

I can only describe what I remember. It's different with each crossing.

"Gentleman Jim" was gone-off to his new adventure, and I felt a sense of loss!. I was going to miss him. Funny, but when you get this involved with someones "Spirit/Soul", you take a little part of them with you.

His warm nature, I will carry with me-always.I am sure our paths will cross again, but not in this world!...

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
what makes you think it is your friends Father?. Is the visiting regular?, when did it start?. Communication may not be possible if it is a recent crossing. Do you feel threatened?. Go to my profile page to contact me via my webpage or my email... I will try to help you rid yourself of the visitor...Blessings, Ghostseer
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I wish the ghosts I've seen had been like that! The ghosts I've seen haven't made any interaction, just stared.
There's a ghost at my old apartment that won't move on. I think its the ghost of a school mates father. Any ideas on how to make him move on?
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
ChrisB: Thankyou! This was very nice of you to say! Blessings, Ghostseer😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Wow another great story you sharred with us ghosteer. I enjoyed it very much. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
Martin: Don't worry, I understand the past quite well. Yes, I KNOW women were thought of as fragile, etc-back in the day. It was a completely different time, and described well- by the Ghost of "Gentleman Jim". Thanks for commenting. It's funny to hear the word, "Medium" used. I think of myself as a highly focused, extreme sensitive who multi tasks. Using one word to describe me... I don't think there is one to fit me...Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
Tonith: Once again, thanks for your comments. I enjoy reading them. Blessings, Ghostseer
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
I think we are lucky to have such a strong medium on this site and I'll make sure never to miss any of your stories!

PS: Men used to be such gentlemen towards women because they were considered the weaker sex! So be careful not to idealize the past 😉
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Well at least you know what your purpose is on this earth lol. I'm still not sure what mine is outside of being a cook and bottle washer lol. I have always thought that odd that with some spirits it never dawns on them that they can move on. I wonder if it's a resting period for them so to speak? Maybe they were not ready to move on for whatever reason. It's nice to know you can help them. I don't think they experience linear time in the afterlife as we do in life. They may not know how long they have been in this inbetween state of existence. That's why I think mediums or conduits as I call them can be of great help to those stuck in limbo so to speak. Great story.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
JamesRobiscoe: My Husband says I am going to be trampled with all the Souls, pets, etc... When I cross over!. Thanks for reading my experience. Check out my blog and my website (go to my profile page) as I am about to add more photos taken recently, add more information about the photos. Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
KimSouth0: Thanks for reading my experience. I say, blessings to you... For your upbeat, postive attitude on the website. Ghostseer
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Ghostseer--Another of your fascinating stories! Thanks for one less creepy than usual (getting blind by a blind guy was a humdinger), and with your flair for words and description, they are all scenically alive. You are another of the truly gifted (I loved your photo at the party with the gold column of light), and there's not a shadow (or ghost shadown) of a doubt you will have one of the most crowded receptions when you cross over yourself. What a lot of friends you have channelled over. Those who know you here must marvel! Thanks for all you share.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Another heart touching and beautiful story!

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: