You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: In The Presence Of Two Sisters

Real Ghost Stories

In The Presence Of Two Sisters

 

I've been living in the same house with my Mom and her friend Timmy for four years now. I'm only thirteen and I'll admit that I DO have a bit of an imagination, but I honestly 100%, completely believe in what I've experienced.

For the past four years I've experienced odd things in my house. Particularly in my own bedroom and the living room. My mom switched her bedroom with the living room recently and I've still felt these odd things. Often time I'll be in a room for a while and suddenly something completely cold will come into the room. Usually a room I'm in tends to be rather cold when compared every other room in the house. I've always been able to just "tell" when there's someone else in a room with me, when someone leaves a room, comes into a room, etc... Without even looking up, listening, etc...

Since I've moved into the house I've felt as though there was someone watching and following me around the house. Just recently earlier today, I was on Face book and I felt like there was someone resting on my shoulder and staring at me. Every time I tried to look over, without moving my head as not to startle any ghost that may be there, the feeling would completely disappear. Also, I felt a cold thing brush against the nape of my neck and it has been tingling wildly ever since. I've heard that every ghost seems to have its own recognizable presence, and I know for CERTAIN that the person who rested their chin on me is the same person following me. I've also felt different presences both inside and outside of the house.

Very recently my mother and I were talking about the history of the house. Apparently it was built in the Victorian era. There's not much we know about it, much of its history has been lost over time. However, we do know that the owner of the house had two daughters. One was supposed to be very kind (Alice), while the other was very mean and neglected (Samantha). Inside my front door is a Jewish carving on a green piece of wood that is believed to keep malevolent spirits outside of the house, it was already there when we moved in and never felt the need to remove it...

Sometimes I feel as though the nicer girl is the one following me around the house considering there aren't supposed to be any evil spirits inside. However outside of my house is a door that leads down to our cellar. It has a glass window on it and I have to walk by it to walk to school. On the first day of school this year, out of the corner of my eye I saw a girl with flaming red hair with a Victorian style dress glaring at me as though she wished to kill me. It is one of my most vivid and scariest memories. I can remember every little detail about her appearance.

Sometimes I believe that she is the other daughter and cannot enter the house because of the wood carving. I've also seen her another time during winter last year. She looked very sad when I was walking up to my house. When she saw me she gave me the same glare she did at the beginning of this year. For so reasons she didn't remotely frighten me and I stared at her until she looked like she wanted to attack me from behind the glass. For an odd reason it seems like she can't leave from behind there.

I've also not been the only one to be touched by a spirit in the house. Timmy and I were discussing it today and he admitted that he sometimes feels like someone is watching him when he is alone. I have a bit of a far-fetched theory about why nothing happens to my Mom and only to Timmy and me. People say that ghosts are more open to children, rather than adults. I'm still a bit of a child myself and I'm somewhat immature too. Timmy is also VERY immature himself, so maybe that would be why the spirits only bother us. It's just an idea I had...

Please give me any advice or help you can offer. I'm not worried about the ghost in the house but Samantha bothers me...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ramenette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Tonith is right. These gifts are given to help. If you embrace it instead of fear it then these things will be easier. They both need to move on and you can help them do that. Try it and see what happens. Good luck. If you need any advice or help then we are all here. 😊
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
your idea on why they only "bother" you and timmy, to me, is probaly right, or close and I have an over active imagination too, I feel like someone is watching me everyday...
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
It doesn't sound to serious, you may be overreacting. Those "chills" as far as I know happen to most people, it just depends on who it is that actually associactes it to something supernatural. In any case don't get worked up by it and is should stop or simply bother you less.

=]
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
I would go with Tonith on this one. Help the girls to move on.

I enjoyed the story.

Keep us posted.
jonlaarmansmom (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Wow! Your story sounds like something I would see on TV. Please keep us up to date on what happens. I wonder if Samantha was locked out a lot as a punishment or something. I've heard of stories of this being a popular punishment for children back ing the thirties and forties. Keep looking into this.
jmcgill (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I agree with Tonith. I also believe that this spirit is still feeling trapped and neglected and does not know any other way to act. She sounds like a very sad soul and would be much better off continuing her journey into the light. You may want a psychic or paranormal team to investigate for you. They have ways of researching the background of the roperty and being able to identify with spirits. It wouldn't hurt to have your house clensed.

I really feel she is trapped and desperately needs some help. I hate to think of her alone and neglected yet again in the after life.

❤
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Do you happen to know the last name of the family that built the house? That could be useful information for finding more information about them and other people that have lived there since.

Either of the two times that you saw Samantha have you said anything to her, or done anything besides just look at her? Do you ever go into the cellar? You never know she could just be mad because you never go into the area where she is, just a thought.

Please keep us updated as to anything new that occurs with either possible entity on your property

Nick
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Doesn't sound like either spirits are out to harm. One sounds angry while the other seems ok. Much like people in real life. Some of this sounds residual and some of it sounds like intelligent hauntings. It's one thing to sense something it's another to see it. When you saw the mean sister it seems like she made eye contact and knew you were looking at her. That would be an intelligent haunt. I don't know how much you know about the supernatural but if you encounter this again you can try telling the spirits that they are indeed dead and need to move on to the Light. If you are going to have the gift of being sensitive learn how to make the most of it by helping those trapped between worlds. To me it's the reason the gift is given. To HELP.
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
How often have you seen or felt "Samantha?" Was it a one time thing? Does it only happen in daylight?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: