You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Through Time

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Through Time

 

It is still the clearest memory I have and if I concentrate on the details, I still get in a little state of shock. I must have been 3 years old when it happened.

My mother was an actress; we lived in Hungary, maybe Veszprém at that time. (I'm not sure, we moved three times, before I got 4).

It was afternoon. I was playing with my toys on the carpet of our old living room. People were walking on the street as usual, and suddenly I clearly saw a woman standing by the window. She wore dark green clothes, had black hair and a white pale face. She was about 40 years old. She stared right into my eyes for about half a minute. I started to scream and cry, because in her eyes I clearly saw and felt darkness and emptiness. Then my mom and dad came in the room, but by the time they arrived, she was gone.

She was familiar somehow, but where could you put a face, that you had never seen before, in the way it was? At the window I saw my mother, who died six years later.

There is no explanation... I didn't saw any scary movies that young, and I'm 22 now but it is still the clearest face in my memory. Even if it wasn't her, and I just replaced it with her in my mind because of the loss... (well I don't think so) I saw the darkness, and I felt the emptiness in her eyes.

Is there anyone out there with similar experiences?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eRic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
My 3 Children, Lilike, Locke & Anjeni all have some Hungarian blood in them. As there Father is of full Hungarian blood.
Zehel (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
Omg... Okay I'm hungarian too so I kind of know what kind of flats are in Veszpr
eRic (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
No, not really. And my Grandmother passed away, when I was 16. I saw a dark silhouette in the room a few days after that, when I woke up at night. And after my grandfather died too, I heard the sound of his cigarette lighter in the other room. (he was a big smoker). But the woman I saw as a child, looked like my mother, just maybe that 6 years older. I wish, I could return to that place, but I don't remember where it was, and the family pretty much died since that. If it was in that Veszprém flat... Than it's creepy, 'cause the windows are too high, it's impossible to see the pedestrians from there, or to look in.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Did your Mom look liek your Grandmother (her mm) at all? Thats if your Grandma had passed on already before your mom, I have heard of people being able to see spirits of others or themselves before they pass.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Hmm... So young to see that sadness of that woman's eyes, But I understand that. Sorry of the Loss of your mother I too loss someone special every years my daddy in 1990.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: