You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Grave Yard - Unexplained Event

Real Ghost Stories

The Grave Yard - Unexplained Event

 

What I am about to tell you really happened but you have to understand many will believe it did not. I will be honest with you as I do not lie. This story is real but you have to understand that on the evening in question I had a lot to drink. I mean a lot. Probably more then any other time in my life. Even more then the time I chugged half a litre or white tequila just to prove I could do it. There are things I remember clearly about the evening in question and others I don't, but this one event was very clear.

There were three of us, four in total including me. We had decided to get drunk and bought your standard easily packable liquor and made our way to an old forgotten grave yard that was over 800 yards or so from and old gravel road. We had been there many times before but only in the past and we had never brought so much booze with us before.

The grave yard is a great place to visit. Always a foreboding feeling and it makes the girls stay real close to you. It is kind of out in the middle of a field surrounded by trees which is what makes it odd. Nothing grows around it but grass and your occasional wild flower here and there but no one has tended it that we knew of. Most of the stones are old, some dates on them whilst other do not. The oldest we found dated back to 1918. The most recent that I can remember thinking about it was 1932. What is most odd is the number of stones that indicate children were buried there not over the age of 10.

On this particular night we arrived and got right to drinking. We played your normal drinking games and did the normal stupid things. On this night though we got very drunk and rather then exit the area to do our business as we had done before, we became lazy and did this on the grave stones and graves. I was the first to pay no mind and as I was reliving myself on a particularly inviting stone a friend said I should stop. It was disrespectful. I being drunk by then told him to bugger off and that dead people have more important things to worry about or consider.

After a short while it seemed that all accept the girls agreed with me and did there business in the same way. I have to admit looking back had I not been so drunk I never would have done this. Not because I would be worried of anything happening but because looking back, it was disrespectful.

Later that evening, I was propped up against a stone and Natasha one of the girls I had came with was by my side as I peered through the slits in my eyes at the others and the fire we had built. They were laughing, jumping over the fire and doing stupid things in the like. Jim, one of my best mates looked in my direction and I thought he was going to say something. Instead his face turned to horror and he started screaming, "Oh my God what is that!" over and over. He backed into the fire about the third time he said this and tripped and fell into it. It was not a large fire but his shirt instantly ignited maybe because he had spilt some of the booze on it. I jumped up at this time, somewhat freaked out that he had been screaming to help him up and put out the flames. As I moved closer he rolled out of the fire saying, "Oh my God get it away from me! Get it away!" The others asked," Jim what are you talking about get it away" and to this he only started crying and blubbering.

As I attempted to get him of the ground the others who were doing the same mentioned it was getting very cold. They could not believe how cold it was. I asked them what they were talking about because it was just as warm as it had been when a sudden silence fell over my friends.

Bob who was there first said in a timid voice "Did... Did you hear that?" stuttering. I looked at him and said "What?" His face grew ashen, my friend who was holding Jim up let go and dropped him.

For a second as if slow motion everyone paused and then they all took of running toward the road screaming. Natasha who had been behind me started screaming "Don't leave me!" And some of the others screamed back as they ran, "Run! Oh my God run!" And so she began to but as she got closer to me, I was still standing there now believing they were playing a joke she started blubbering, "Oh God Jim don't let it hurt me, please please please don't let it hurt me."

AS Jim slowly stood up. I looked into her eyes with a smile trying to tell her the joke was up but as I looked at her I saw a face full of fear that alone scared me as well. I choked out, "What's wrong." Just in time to hear the most blood curtling scream I have ever heard. She rushed past me reaching for Jim's hand and as she took it she tripped over my leg making me lose my balance. I would not have normally done this except for the fact I was very pissed. I stumbled back and to this day I do not know what I tripped on. All I remember is falling backward and everything going completely black.

I woke the next morning face down in a ditch half way between there and my home. As I stirred I heard laughter and thought that someone was standing over me. I could barley think and felt like puking. As I stood up I remember that my clothes were wet and that I smelled of urine. I thought of great, I urinated on myself while I was passed out. However upon closer inspection I was soaked from head to toe with it. I looked around to see who was laughing and believing the same person had probably relieved themselves on me, I saw no one around.

I began walking the rest of the way home and when I got there after hosing myself off I called Natasha and asked her what happened the night before. She asked what I was talking about and I told her what happened. She said no one had gone to the grave yard in over two weeks and had certainly not gone the night before. It's taking me a long time to tell this story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WolfReal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Creepy but they probably tricked you... Maybe not...? By the way, I'm sorry about the comment on a story before 😢
Chrissie-Anna (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-19)
I don't fully understand it. You say that your friends had not been there for 2 weeks, does that mean that it had been 2 weeks since the incident?
Did it actually happen... Did they actually see anything?
What did they see?
Sorry for all the questions please answer back. Thanks
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Wolf, You have to weed through the stories. Better yet, post yours. You may actually get some good advice. Like anything worth it's while,...it takes time. That doesn't mean to leave this site, just add that site to your search.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Osa - this is what you are sending me into.

By hlparker213 (1 stories) (1 posts)
Date: 2009-02-10
Country: United States
State: Ohio
Category: ESP / Telepathy / Empath
" But since then, I have achieved a few new things like telekinesis, ESP, and even something that I thought could never happen to anyone. Being immune to knives. I can't get cut, sliced, or stabbed. I've tested a million times even with my friends around and nothing ever happens to me. Not even scratches. Nothing I don't know what I am."

... Immune to knives... Ok then.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
WolfR, I'm using your page to help you find answers to the questions you have about your dead friends in your dreams. I think you are confusing ghosts with spirits. Ghosts are earthbound and have not moved on. Spirits are on a different vibrational level & most of us can only "hear or see" them in our sleep because of the different brain-wave patterns that are not normally availible to us in waking life, excepting of course deep meditation or of those with mediumistic abilities. This sounds as though the message your departed friends are trying to get through to you is urgent or of great importance. Do as Demi said & go to Pyschic Experiences. There are many over there that have much more & very similar happenings. I truly only want you to find the answers that you seek.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Hey I have another unexplained event to share. Just the other day I got a speeding ticket in the morning. I whole day went by with me fuming about it. This area (especially with the economy) is trying to get as much money as possible. In any case later in the day around 1 or so I was in my car thinking about other things then the ticket (finally). While sitting at a light I heard this tapping coming from my glove compartment where I put the ticket. Now trust me, I am aware of car noises. This sounded as if someone was tapping their finger against the inside of the glove compartment door. It sounds just like it would if someone really did this, in other words not mechanical. It was loud and clear.
This is a brand new car 2008 that I have been driving for 6 months. I have never heard a noise like this before or since that one time. It lasted for about 1 minute then went away. It was so loud and sounded so much like someone was tapping I said "Hello? What do you want?" I said it 3 times with no response.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Because I do not believe in ghosts that can touch this physical realm does not mean that I have an explanation for what happened. Any number of things could be responsible. My plan is to go back (armed) yell around and see what happens. Whatever happens, what I know will "not" happen is that some ghost is going to meet me face to face and slap me, attack me or speak with me.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
"Im going back because I have been searching for years for answers. I can't let it go. I came here but no one can offer me ideas I have not already thought of myself. The only place I can think of now to get anything more then I already have is back to where it all happened. Come here has convinced me I will not find my answers by asking others".

Yet you seem to be attacking some of the other posters. What I don't understand is you clearly do not believe so why are you going back to the graveyard? Maybe you should have asked all the friends that were with you that night. Maybe you did get very drunk that night passed out, had a bad nightmare, ended up sleeping walking, came across a dog who peed all over you while you collapsed near the grave yard. That would make sense actaully as the one person you did ask has no idea what you were talking about.
indie_aspen (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Wow. Really freaky, especially the urine. I would have probably freaked out!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
No problem.
I am NOT asking for a carbon copy mimic of what I am HOPING is going on. I am ASKING for you honest opinion. I do not have a "thin skin" and will try to answer any question you may have about the past experience.
Thank you for honoring my request.
Autumn
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Whitebuffalo - ok thanks for thinking my input means anything. Ill comment but fair warning, I believe many things are possible but I do not believe in sentient ghosts that can move things or talk to people. Ill give it a whirl.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
Hello WolfReal.
I have not, as of yet, read through this account of yours. I have come to you humbly with an odd request.
I would like to personally request your input on an experience. I would like to ask the honor of your opinion on ANY of my PERSONAL stories. I have seen some... Things... In some of your replies, and comments that have me cocking my head to the side, squinting my eyes, and allowing my mind to take a walk as I ponder EXACTLY what you wrote...
I have written, and deleted, REwritten and REdeleted this ending. So... It is up to you. This is not a challenge, simply a request.
Thank you.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
Im 38 now but as I said this happened a long while ago. I am horrible with knowing how old I was at any given time. Still I would say I was between 21 - 25 at the time. I really believe I had stopped doing things like this by the time I was 25.

Of note I am begining to believe that perhaps you are right. Most of this can be explained. For instance I do not think I had really been urinated on. Perhaps I was so drunk walking home I attempted to relieve myself on the way home. I may have aimed at a tree or something a found that it came back my direction with out knowing it. Then in the morning, the entire area was covered with dew. I would have been covered as well, but for the small amount of piss that ended up on my I thought I was covered in it because I was wet from head to toe from dew.
My friends are good actors or I only thought they were because I was really drunk, ok.
Now, the laughter. Very real, very sharp and right next to me. Sound travels. Easier across smooth surfaces like water, reflects off surfaces like rock... I could see for many hundreds of yards in every direction. This laughter was right next to me. So this is still unexplained.
ghostgirlontheloose (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
well good luck ith your experiment and you still did not answer my question. How old are you?
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Good catch. When I get drunk I start talking in a thick Irish broug. I guess it comes out in my typing as well but honestly never noticed it until you mentioned it. I am american but have spent a short time in the UK on occation. I type what I am thinking most of the time. Its interesting is all I can say. For me to talk with an Irish accent is easier then for me to talk in an english accent when I am drunk. I always thought I had done it for fun but looking back, it was just easier.
To... Most of you. I realize I am on a "ghost" story site but I don't believe in real ghosts. I relayed my story in hopes of help. I did not expect much and did not get much. THis is not a put down just the truth. I would in fact chalk this evening up to being drunk and a prank being played except for the fact of my friends. If acting, each played a part you can not imagine. Each would win an award thrice over. It is one of those events that can not be expalined in words. TO give you an example something I left out for thinking it had little relivance. While staring at the fire... It was a good 3 feet high if not more but only a foot wide. It was like a cylinder of flame. To this day I do not see how that's possible. I have built many fires in my time and never seen one like it again.
I am going back and I will taunt the area in general. I have no fear. And yet I can not explain the night.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Succubussed, after talking to you enough times and reading your posts as well as knowing a few other people who speak "European English", that whole thing jumped out at me too. Occasionally I will say something that wouldn't be popular in America (such as "hold on a tick" instead of "wait a minute", that kind of thing) because I grew up with several friends from the UK and my boss at work is from London. Those particular phrases struck me as "well, he's not natively from the US." My only possible explanation for this is that WolfReal is an exchange student or moved here from the UK.

Either way I think I'm in agreement with Holly; I think enough has been done to pester these spirits who were trying to rest. Just leave them alone or do as she says and try to make amends by leaving a gift (flowers or burn incense, but don't leave it unsupervised).

Blessings,
DA
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Look,
You do what you want. But I wouldn't go back there.

Either you had a really drunken crazy night there or this whole thing never happened.

If you and your friends were there, Got drunk, built and fire and:ugh: peed on headstones... Just leave it be.

Someone suggested leaving flowers at certain graves to make "amends"...which I think is a good idea.

But really do yourself a favor and the dead that are buried, and just leave it be. Don't take a tape recorder/EVP/Video Camera/6 pack of booze. Just the flowers

That is just my opinion... So yeah
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Succubussed,
People emigrate, don't be so fussy. For all you know one their parents could be british, just enjoy the story.
Succubussed (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
There is a red flag that jumps out at me concerning the possibility that this story is a piece of fiction rather than a true story about an experience you actually had, WolfReal.

It concerns the person you say you are, or at least where you are from. Your profile says you are from Virginia in the US, but your speech tells me that you are from the UK.

For example...
"told him to bugger off"

This is not a common expression in the US, but very common in the UK.

And...
"one of my best mates"

In America we would say "one of my best friends"

And then finally...
"except for the fact I was very pissed."

This one is the total giveaway. In the US we would never say "pissed" for "drunk". In fact if you say in the US that you are "Pissed" it's just a a shortened manner of saying that you are "pissed-off", which as you know means that you are angry.

The other two slip-ups could be explained by popular English culture seeping into ours from across the Atlantic, but saying that you're pissed when you mean drunk is totally British.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
That is so weird! I cannot offer any explanation either, but if you do go back, I would take someone with you, and flowers. I would put flowers on the graves and apologize for the drunken behavior.
Maybe you could investigate the place a bit with a tape recorder. Maybe you can get some good evps that will explain what happened that night.
Good luck to you! I hope the mystery unravels! 😊
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Im going back because I have been searching for years for answers. I can't let it go. I came here but no one can offer me ideas I have not already thought of myself. The only place I can think of now to get anything more then I already have is back to where it all happened. Come here has convinced me I will not find my answers by asking others.
ghostgirlontheloose (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
hey wolfreal, love your story. I'm just wondering, why would you want to go back?
I am scared out of my wits just hearing it.
Oh and wolfreal, how old are you?
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
This is an interesting story. It kind of reminded me of The Blair Witch Two, with the kids being filmed in the graveyard, but having no recollection of it. I wish I could come up with something, but there's just no way to explain it. If it wasn't just a drunken dream, than I just dunno...weird. 😕
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
rstahley - I do not want to accept that. I don't want to accept the idea that my friends were responsible or that something else happened. I guess... I guess I will never know and maybe that's the way it should be. I'm going to go back in the next month. I'm camping out and while I will not urinate on the graveyard I will stand in the middle of the night and dare and "spirts" to show themselves. Should something this unexpected acctually happen, there's going to be a show down.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
This is a very frightening story, and I know everyone keeps saying that you were probably too drunk to really know what happened, but you have said over and over that you can't write it off as that, and so I'm wondering if a spirit entered your body and changed your appearance somewhat, which would explain why you appeared scary to your friends and then maybe this spirit, inside of you, walked you away from the graveyard... Because he didn't want you there, and then did to you what you did to him. Now granted, this seems far fetched, but I do believe that spirits can possess people. I've never heard of many temporary possessions, but I don't know what else it could have been.
As for your friends, I don't know why they don't remember being there, or if they are lying to you. That's the really confusing part. I don't think there is an explaination for it.
Tonith (1136 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
All this happened and you only questioned one person that was with you? I would be calling around to see if I got the same reaction from the others. Also you can have black outs and people wake up in the strangest of places, never knowing how they got there. The laugh? I'm sure there are birds that can sound like laughter. The urine soaked clothes again you may have passed out somewhere and some clowns thought it would be funny to urinate on you. You then could have continued walking and ended up at the cemetary. The question is where you really there to begin with or did you dream most of this while in a blackout state. Again I would have questioned more than one person about what I thought went on.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
troyarn - sorry about that. I did not word the begining of my story well. As explained in my comments the evening started with 4 of us, later 5 others showed up and joined us.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Ok. THe location was somewhat remote which is why we went there. At that time of night I hgihly doubt anyone walking on the road would just come by and piss on me. Or stop their vehical to do the same. Its possible I blacked out, my friends drug me to car 800 yards away, drove with me a bit and tossed me out for an unknown reason. I was covered from head to toe with piss so I alone did not urinate on myself.

The laughter though, hungover or not was real. It was a crisp moring, the air was cool. The sound was not muffled as if I was remembering it or only thinking I was hearing it. It was clear and sharp and echoed from the surroundings which conisted of low ground rocks, trees and a couple of scraggly mountain laurel bushes. What about my passing out instantly with no mark on my head after falling?

Thanks for all your input but what you mentioned is nothing I have not thought of already. So many people think being drunk leaves you not knowing what's happening around you. Drunk or not I knew what was happening. I did not imagine any of it.

Maybe I need to take a trip back to the grave yard and see what's up. I live about 50 miles away but I can make a day trip of it or... Maybe I will spend the night.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Freaky story! I, as with a few others, am confused as to how many people were there. The ending made me kind of go hmmmm since it seems everyone would be talking about it (it makes one wonder if this whole thing was just an alchohol induced dream).

As far as being urinated on, well... From now on, don't "piss off" the dead! Thanks for the story. Very weird.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
I did not suggest that your friends urinated on you--although I would consider that possible. I'm not sure that anyone who would abandon you after you fell and failed to stir should really be considered friends. Perhaps in the light of day, Natasha may have regretted that night or something the group or she did. That may be the source of her refusal to acknowledge the night. You could have easily urinated on yourself--maybe even a couple of times. You know how the bladder needs to work with alcohol. Maybe someone else came by and did it being a jerk. Maybe someone picked you up attempting to give you a ride and you urinated in the car, so they tossed you out and paid you back. Likely you stumbled along heading home under your own power and don't recall it because of your condition. I know people who leave the pub and the next morning they can not recall walking home or even paying the bartender. The laughter is more difficult, especially if you did not see anyone close by, but I don't think it is alarming or unusual considering your condition. When awakening our brains can be rather sluggish and images, sounds, and smells can linger. If you want to approach this objectively given the amount of alcohol consumed and your inhibited perception that night, you should probably consider that you've forgotten events and likely do not recall others accurately.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: