You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demon In Baby's Crib

Real Ghost Stories

Demon In Baby's Crib

 

First of all I would like to start off by saying that I don't believe in wandering spirits from dead people. When human beings die they just return into the arms of the lord. I think it would be very unfair for someone who died tragically to be punished by god to wander around and relive the pain over and over again. Our life force just returns to heaven. But that's just my opinion!

But I do believe in demons though! These worthless creatures have no noble goal to live up to, so they try to destroy every bit of happiness that we have. They're very good in mimicking voices and changing into the appearance of someone who died already. They love misery, tragedy and pain and use these aspects to reveal their presence. They also attach theimselves to objects. And this is what this story is all about.

A year ago my cousin (26) lost her 4 month old baby due to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). Now she has a one month old baby boy Noah, who sleeps in the same wooden crib as his deceased brother did.

Every time, for the past two weeks, Noah would start crying and shrieking if my cousin put him in the crib. He would start getting spasms and his face would turn blue. It was such a heartbreaking thing to see! But if my cousin took him in her own bed or put him to lie down anywhere else in the house, the little man would be a normal, healthy and happy baby.

My cousin started doubting the crib. She knew something was seriously wrong with it (she even climbed in it herself to feel if something happened, but nothing did) Needless to say, she became more nervous with the day. She was afraid that she would lose Noah too.

Within 3 days she got the church elders to come by. They tried to get Noah peacefully in the crib, without any result. The baby turned blue and purple. They started with prayers, but it got worse.

So they took the crib outside to burnt it down. It was about 2 o clock in the afternoon and the sun was high in the sky. I can't remember ever being so scared on such a nice sunny and tropical day.

The elders sprinkled some furnace oil on the crib and set it on fire. What I saw after that is beyond imagination. The thing wouldn't burn down. The thing was on fire, that's pretty sure. There were large red and orange flames coming off it, but it just refused to go up in ashes.

It took the church elders 6 hours of prayers and a couple of gallons of oil, to burn that thing down.

They concluded that a demon had attached itself to the crib and wanted to torture the baby. It had sensed the tragedy that had overcome this family and entered their home to cause some more. It had fun seeing my cousin pine away and it had found a way to get to her.

So if you have objects in your house that somehow attracted some demon, or you just have an odd feeling about it, please please please throw them away!

It could cost you your life or the life of one of your family members.

Other hauntings by Annabella

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Annabella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

aprilskutt45 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
I have heard of things like that before. A friend of mine told me a similar story about someone she knew that had a haunted baby crib. The baby wouldn't sleep in the crib, it just screamed and screamed every time she would take the baby into the room where the crib was. They started having supernatural things going on in the house and finally they took the crib outside and destroyed it. They bought a new crib and all the supernatural stuff stopped happening. She did say that two days before they destroyed the crib they saw a demon in the house. However once the crib was destroyed all the paranormal activity stopped and they had no more problems after that. The friend who told me this story said that some people that her friend knew got the crib from a thrift store. Sometimes when you are in a store and you feel an uneasy feeling about an item it is best to stick with Your feelings. I'm a medium and a clairvoyant. I was born with the ability. I've encountered a lot of haunted places and objects of all kinds. You can email me if you want. My email is aprilskutt45 [at] gmail.com
taylor420 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
awwwww,poor baby 😭.i heard this one sad story that a women lived alone with her baby since her husband died in a war. One day it was her wedding anniversary so to celebrate she put on her old wedding dress. She went up stairs to check on her baby only to discover that it died in its crib. Heartbrokend and torn up the woman screamed and ran until she came to the nearest bridge. She cried and cried and watched the water twirl. Then she jumped. People say that they see a woman wearing a white dress on the bridge sobbing and even in there car in the passenger seat.
blackcat (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-17)
You are absolutely and completely wrong about demons, there are not all sick and twisted! Granted most are but not all and I know this for a fact! I have had my share of demons and some off them are half bad, but yes that one in you're story was and I'm sorry for what happened but if you really shouldn't judge things based on incident. That's like someone having a fear of the nicest dog in the world because one thing that happened in the past with a dog. I have gone through worse and way more powerful things them demons I know what's I'm talking about.
3nj0y (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
I for one actually believe this story.
Crazy stuff happens, And not EVERYTHING can always have a logical and scientific explanation. Spirits influence our lives much more than we realise; Be they benevolent or sinister.

Best of luck, 3nj0y.
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
This sounds ridiculous to me. This is right up there with the screaming Ouija board when you burn it. I agree with Tonith, "religious hysteria".

I also agree that it sounds like separation anxiety with the baby. They tend to do that, and if you keep giving into it, it is just going to cause more problems later on.

What kind of fricking church automatically thinks it is some sort of paranormal event or demon?

"Yeah, the baby won't sleep in it's crib! It has to be a demon! BURN THE CRIB!"

Absolutely ridiculous. Any self respecting church would have done a investigation before jumping to the conclusion of it being demons.

Also To Surya; some people consider demons to be "inhuman" entities. Beings that were never born into existence, that harbor ill will towards the living. That being said I still think it is ludacris to believe in Demons but not spirits.
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
when you get used furniture you bless it witha prayer I always do my grandma told me to do this she said people die sometimes and stay with stuff they loved in life, she also beleaved in putting a ring of salt around the house she said it protected you from evil. I never doubted her 😐
blackhwk506 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-08)
😭 yep that was a demon, normal spirits don't do that, I wonder if a demon attached itself to an object, if you can put it in a room with crucifix and play nothing but Demon Hunter and gospel music... But that would make it madder... And their noting to mess with. Just and idea, thinking out loud.
Sakura (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
About the ghosts thing, as a Christian, I don't think God punishes any spirit to wander! You either go to Hell or to Heaven.
However, I do believe that there are certain spirits that are confused, unwilling to go to either Heaven or Hell because of something that happened in their life, something unfinished.
So, they stick around because they have turmoil inside.
But whatever was in that crib, yeah, that does sound like a demon, normal ghosts can't do that kind of thing.
Vampiress (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Poor Noah! Is he ok? And, duh, the crib was possesed. Why don't you get a bassinet instead?
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
please get gods help you need it. You are not going crazy. Did you bash it with a hammer or something.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
I agree with Hoochler in that I think getting rid of the crib was a good idea, because even if it wasn't possessed or evil or haunted, you now don't have to risk the chance that it was.

I feel like a lot of people are giving you grief about your religious views, and I don't think it's fair, because I'm a Christian and I struggle with the thought that if there are ghosts, then why does the Bible say that we either go to Heaven or Hell when we die? I'm not saying that I don't believe in ghosts, because I kind of do, but it's difficult when you're told other things. Just keep the faith and trust in God.
liltraviesa310 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
wow I was just finishing reading your
Storryy and man this is crazzyyy poor
Little baby I'm pretty shure right now hes peacefulll... 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
This is (in MY opinion) complete religious hysteria. It isn't uncommon in the past that in various religions, people set fire to what they don't understand. It's also true what treasureseekers said; most cribs are made fire-resistant to avoid lawsuits. That's probably why it took so long to burn.

I think the baby should have been taken to the doctor and analyzed for any sort of illnessess before you all panicked and burned the crib. Babies sometimes turn purple when they're upset about being away from their mothers. Of course the baby would calm down when he slept with his mother or anywhere but his crib where he knows he's not going to get attention. Any mother would know that.

I'm not really interested in starting a religious debate but I think it's fascinating how you don't believe in ghosts but you believe in demons. So when a person one who has passed on comes back to tell a mourning relative or friend they love them either in words or with small gestures, that's a demon coming to wreak evil and havok on unsuspecting people? Hmmmm.

Blessings,
DA
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Annabelle,

Whether the crib took 6 minutes, 6 hours, or 6 days to burn, in a similar situation I would have disposed of the crib as well. If there was even a 1% chance that something was wrong with the crib, why wouldn't someone just get a new crib?

If you thought the crib was possesed, it might have been better to physically damage the crib so it could never be used again and mark it as being contaminated with poison or something with spray paint (so no one else used it) and simply brought it to the dump and buried it deep under a pile of other trash. If a demon really was attached to it, he would sit in the dump for a LONG time instead of being released by the fire.

[at] Surya, demons are not simple human souls "who side with Satan". They are evil spirits of varying power and ability that do not incarnate into bodies as we do. Even the weakest demons are spiritually powerful by human standards.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Annabella, has your cousin noticed anything strange with the baby since he no longer sleeps in the crib? I hope not, but sometimes just when you think things are OK, things start to happen again. Tell her to be alert and keep a close eye on her son.
God Bless,
Byluyster
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
My great-grandma always said, if you've lost a child you don't name the next one after it.

I think this goes for cribs too.

I don't think a demon was connected to this crib. I think bad memories were. I don't see why you would go to such extreme and BURN it. Then again, if that is a religious thing... So be it.
treasureseekers (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
BTW, sorry for the "&#65279". I noticed it, when I was previewing my response, but thought it was part of the coding & that it would not show up once it's posted. Now I know for the future, to delete it before posting 😊
treasureseekers (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Don't forget now (at least here in Canada), that manufactures of baby items have strict
Regulations & they make a lot of the items, clothing & mattresses fireproof, to give time for the parent (s) to run in, & rescue the helpless child. So, it could indeed be possible for a crib to take half a day to burn down completely. I am not a chemist, so I don't know the exact chemical (s) that make these items flame resistant. But that will not stop me from google-ing up the answer when I arrive at work today. LOL:)

So for me personally, I don't think anything supernatural was involved with the crib.

As for the child crying in hysterics once in that room/ crib. It could just be separation anxiety. A lot of my friends have that issue with their children. The child refuses to sleep in their crib/ room
Unless they know that the parent is nearby. They much prefer sleeping with them in the parents bed, or in another room, where they can hear more easily hear/ see where their parents are.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
so you don't believe in spirits but you believe in demons. Aren'e demons people who side with Satan?

Now as for the crib, maybe it had something to do with what type of wood it was made from, maybe the little had an alleric reaction to the type of wood, or even sheets.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I don't know what to make of this story outside of trauma unresolved. I don't think it takes 6 hrs. To burn a crib either. This sounds like a lot or religious hysteria to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: