You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Box And The Quilt

Real Ghost Stories

The Box And The Quilt

 

*Waving his paws at everyone* I know I promised you my granny's stories but here's one from my family's experience. It happened to my sister, her husband, and again, my brother, G. G is now, by this stage, in his mid 20's and living with my sister and her husband (who also got a great spine tingling ghost story) in West Cork.

Each morning G would set for work, passing this old empty cottage along the way, and he'd always fancied checking it out. He talked my sister and her husband into checking out this old cottage and see what they can find. So, they broke in to the old cottage, and looked around until they found this patchwork quilt and a beautiful elaborately designed box. "Just perfect for storing turf,' they grinned. So, they took the box and the quilt as my sister thought it was stunning and brought the two items back home.

In front of a roaring fire, my brother and my brother in law had their feet up, toasting their toes with a glass of beer each, laughing about what a great score the box was. So, off to bed they went. G fell asleep when he was rudely awoken. He sat up and saw this BLACK inky thing snaking its way towards him. He told me that he couldn't move his body as the black thing snaked its' into his body and he heard a small, angry, evil voice in his head saying: RETURN THE BOX... Then from the next room, he heard my sister and her husband scream then... He woke up.

He actually forgotten about it and was making breakfast when it all came back to him. He frowned and went into the bedroom and told my sister and her husband about the black snake. They looked at him and said they remember waking up and finding their bed being lifted in the air and a voice demanding to return the quilt. That they did.

Other hauntings by AussieRedDog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieRedDog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
they broke into the cottage? Dirty shower of feckers... The gaurds are called... & they are on their way...
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
yea it could be karma teaching them a lesson but that is more of a (correct me if I'm wrong buhhda thing. I do believe buhhadism had started the whole karma thing.
AussieRedDog (24 stories) (81 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I'll have to say but I think it was a bit kharma involved. Don't take things that's not yours 😠
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Well they were awoke by this thing it my be sleep paralysis and there consisise (sorry I'm not a speller) telling them they did something wrong.

Just givin ideas like normal.
reneespring (148 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Sounds like breaking/entering/burglary to me. Sorry, but that is what that sounds like. Many people own cottages that they just don't use much. 😕
AussieRedDog (24 stories) (81 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I was actually shown the old cottage and even during the day it's damned creepy LOL. You're right, Surya, never take what's not yours. God knows what's attached to it.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
wow, your story was awesome. I'm glad the stuff was put them back or else who knows what could have happened!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Not a lot to say expect do take what is not yours, you don't know what is attached to items. Since putting the items back has anything occurred?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: