You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Mysterious Park

Real Ghost Stories

A Mysterious Park

 

My friend and I had to work in my mother's shop last summer. After we'd finished work we used to walk around in the area. Around August we found a beautiful park where we could pass our spare time. Although summer in Greece is too hot in the park it was cool. I wasn't afraid of something when I was there but I must say that I felt like I was being watched. In addition and it sounds crazy but I couldn't leave part with my bag I felt like someone would take it.

As the days passed by a strange sense and an inner fear was growing within me while I was there. Sometimes I'd turn my head quickly and my eye would catch a shadow. Other times whilst we were not so close to the park, we would see a man sitting in the park. As we got closer he would disappear.

These incidents made me nervous. However, my friend being braver than me told me that the ghosts were in my mind. But many times I found that she could feel our encounters too. I forget to sat that sometime we would stay there until nine o clock every day.

Some nights while we were sitting in the park, my eye caught the shadow of a young man. I shouted because he appeared and disappeared immediately like the dust. My friend told me to relax but he then appeared behind her. I couldn't stay there I was shaking. Then he appeared in front of her behind me this time. For a second she was frozen. After a terrible minute or so she took my hand and we run as fast as we could until we reached my mother's workplace.

We didn't discuss this issue anymore. I passed through the park to visit my mother's shop and I found something. There is a wooden cross in a corner of the park. In my tradition a cross means that someone died there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lila89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-04-19)
This is like an episode of a true story I watched, the particular place only being accessible to the witness. From the title did you mean this park is not visible to others except you and your friend? Maybe that spirit wanted someone to notice him
silvergate7 (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
pou akrivos egine auto stin athina? I kapou allou? Kai pote?
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
I agree with ko0te because I'm his girlfriend and I have had this happen to me so use evps. And take pictures.
Thanks
DK
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
That's interesting. So a person did pass on there. He was probably just letting you know that he was around. Who knows? Maybe he was watching out for ya'll. Take a digital recorder out there and see what you can get. Good luck and keep us posted! 😊
lila89 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
I asked about the cross. It isn't a sign that someone was buried there. It was placed there to remind as a young man who had died there. He tested something like fireworks with his friends and he had an accident which caused his life. I think he died before 3 or 5 years because many people knew the story in the area.
ko0te (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
Haunted Park? Whoa! Sounds interesting! There must be a graveyard/burial ground over there as you'd mentioned about the cross. Find out the history of the Park and investigate more! I'm curious 😭
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Hmm, interesting... I was reading the story and going to ask if you knew of any accidents around the area or tragic life loss at the park, but you answered that question with the cross... The spirit you saw could just want someone to know he is there. I would not be scared of him, or the park...
😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: