You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dream Of Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

My Dream Of Grandma

 

This is my first post so here I go:

Well my grandmother and I were pretty close. I loved hearing her stories and spending the night at her house. I didn't have many things in my life that I could count on, but she was always there.

My grandmother got lung cancer around the age of 82 and we all thought it was over. It hurt a lot for her to go through chemo but she fought it. Almost a year after being diagnosed she was in remission. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief, she had made it through. About four months later my grandma would be gone. Right before it happened though I had a dream. It was of the whole family standing around a gravesite with the rain pouring down. As the rain stopped a huge wind started to blow and I smiled. I looked at one of my cousins and said, "Grandma's here." My grandma had a way of "calling" the wind which came in handy on those hot summer days.

I didn't think anything of it until the day of my grandma's burial. The wind picked up and I just had to smile, it was warm and caring in a weird sort of way. She was there for us that day. I realize now that she may have been preparing me for what was to come. I didn't cry as much as I thought I would because I knew she could come to me whenever I wanted her to.

Well I know that isn't much of a ghost story per se, but thought you would all enjoy it.

Other hauntings by LiliumHigh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LiliumHigh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
Hobbyholly is right You are free to tell as you whatever you want and I love those story you tell us. I also Lost three people I love the must for along time evening more too but very close is my best friend who died of cancer too and also a lady who is my mother's friend she like a second mom to me also died of cancer. I lost my good friend in 2008. Yeah that hurt alots.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
I really liked your story. She must have loved you very much. When my 96-year-old grandmother had a stroke and couldn't speak, I could read the joy in her eyes as I spoke to her. After a while she came out of it and even sat up in the bed and asked what happened. When her family came, she laughed and our hopes were high, but I knew it wasn't to be. A few days later she got worse and died. Today, I feel her presence often.
Thanks for a lovely read. Keep them coming.
God Bless 😊
Byluyster
LiliumHigh (3 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Yes normally I sense her when cardinals come around. She loved those birds and even nursed a baby one she found in her backyard. It really helps with the guilt I feel for not being able to see her when she was still awake. By the time I got to the hospital she was in a coma. I know she wouldn't want me to feel that way so I try my hardest to get passed those feelings.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Thanks for sharing. Isn't it lovely when a loved one visits you? A simple gush of air or a scent can really make your day.

Oh and don't worry about that "ghost story" crap. Not every ghost story has to be grand and terrifying (to the point where it sounds out of a movie... Trust me, their on here)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: