You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: It Is My Dad That Is With Me In My House

Real Ghost Stories

It Is My Dad That Is With Me In My House

 

For quite some time I had experienced some really unusual things, and these things that would happen... Would only happen to me. My boys didn't have anything happen to them.

I at first started hearing walking around out in my kitchen while I'd be out in the living room. It sounded like heavy boots or something like that. I then began hearing unusual noises, like that of things getting hit or pushed onto the floor. It was always late at night when these things would happen.

I'd start to hear things like something being thrown across the room hitting the wall behind my head, but nothing was there. I would hear a fist hitting my computer desk, hard! I didn't want to sleep in my bedroom. It didn't feel right. I would try to sleep in the living room out on the couch. Things still would happen.

I had my boyfriend come over for the weekend and I was happy to sleep in my room then. Nothing would happen when he was with me. I came to the conclusion that something wasn't right. The pictures I would take had these balls or "orbs" as I later found out in them.

My boyfriend made fun of me one night picking on me about these things that were happening and said that he wasn't scared of no ghost. I was upset and I went to my room. My son decided to joke around taking pictures and a red ball was in it.

Later that same night. I woke up at around one thirty in the morning hearing thumping. I thought my son was having a seizure and I ran out into the kitchen and he wasn't there. I went back to bed after realizing he was fast asleep. About a minute later, it started up again, after a minute or two it stopped. I realized it was one of my kitchen chairs rattling.

Then my T.V. Started to make a popping noise and the volume shot up on it. I sat up. I looked over at my boyfriend and watched his leg getting picked up and slammed over and over on the bed!

I found out through a medium that this spirit is my father. She described him perfectly. He was only trying to get my attention, letting me know it was him. The medium explained to me that he was getting after my boyfriend for being mean to me, not trying to scare me that night.

My dad was very protective of me and I know that he is still at my side. I get cold spots by my left side at times. Every now and then I hear the walking around in my kitchen, a dark shadow going into my kitchen. I know it's him. I love having him here... Watching over me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DEEPO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
I have to say that I laughed a little when I read the part about your dad picking up your boyfriend's leg and dropping it onto the bed. I think any father would love to get a chance to terrorize their daughter's significant other without getting in trouble for it if they could!

I really got the feeling that it was your father particularly when you mentioned the sound of the fist slamming on the desk. I can just imagine your father's frustration as he tried to find a way to communicate to you what he wanted to say. Perhaps he has a message for you or needs you to know something? If you feel strong enough to do it, try opening your mind and heart a little more, and asking out loud if there's anything he wants to tell you.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
I know my family is still around me and it is comforting. I love knowing that they are still here with me. They usually come to visit me in my dreams and I will tell them everything that is going on with me. I will actually feel better in the morning. Go figure! 😊 I hope you feel priveledged that your dad is still around you. Good luck with everything! ❤
DEEPO (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
My boys are seven and fourteen. My boyfriend is a playful pick type of guy. I was just sensitive about this and it bothered me when my oldest son and him were picking on me about it. My oldest boy started playing around and snapping off pictures. My boyfriend isn't abusive in any sort of way. We joke around, but not to hurt each other. Nothing mean. He didn't realize that he hurt my feelings until later on. My dad was one that would always say,"don't hurt my kids or my grand kids". He meant that in a protective way. He didn't like how he (boyfriend) was picking on me. That my boyfriend hurt my feelings. There isn't abuse in my home in any way, shape or form. I was his only daughter. 😁
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
My dad watches over me also.
He died when I was 13 in the house I live in. He also has made appreances over the years and also let any of my boyfriends know he was there and not to mess with or be mean to his little girl. It is a comforting feeling to know he is still around. After all these years I still miss him very much.
I verbally let my dad know I can feel him around or that I know it's him when he hides things or makes noises.
Good luck to you
Zukismom
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
I would be curious to know how old your boys are? Maybe I read wrong, but I hope your father made that appearance due to you being teased about your encounters and not that you have a boyfriend that is mean to you in the sense of abusive on a day to day basis. I would need more information to ascertain if this is actually happening or a product of past or present influences.
eekamouse (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
I am curious, did your boyfriend wake up when his leg was being slammed up and down? I know someone just sits on my bed and it wakes me up. Lol
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
Dad's are pretty special. Especially if you were close. I can imagine how comforting it makes you feel. They can and do appear from time to time, just to remind you they are there, watching...
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Comforting to know that your dad is still there watching over you. I am sure.
Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: