You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Smiling Orb And A Short Story

Real Ghost Stories

Smiling Orb And A Short Story

 

My story is I live in Canada, Ontario, although my ghost stories aren't frightening at all but they mostly consist of orb photo's that I plan to submit later on of course.

My mom and my dog Diego are 2 people that have passed away that were very close to me and my old dog Miel that was a family pet. [French for honey].

So it starts from here;

I constantly took pictures of my dog Mocha and sometimes I would capture these little balls of light but not often but I was always fascinated by the paranormal. Then, after when I had adopted my next dog Diego, I caught an orb in a photo with both of my dogs sitting together and right in between them was sitting an orb... Smiling, this kind of spooked me and gave me a bit of a chill. Although I ignored it and I continued taking more photos and would sometimes catch the odd one here and there, but they were normally captured when I took the pictures at night.

Then when Diego was put down at the sad age of 1 year and a half [I only had him for 2 months], I started capturing more and more orbs and always caught this smiling orb, and it always got to me whether it was my mom or Diego. I have quite a lot of photo's which I edited on picnik to get a clearer view of these orbs and the smiling one which is always seen with my dog Mocha now, I think it might be her guardian angel:).

I'm not very old either I'm at the age of 17 experiencing such tragedies at a young age, my mom had passed away when I was 6yrs old and had lost many family members on my mom's side [she's from a family of 16 kids or so], but I learn to heal from them.

To add, there are more than 3 orbs, averagely about 5-7?, and the orbs are usually active in my dining area, not sure why but I always capture them there, and normally when I start taking pictures the orbs seem to move away as if they hate pictures or something?

Smiling Orb And A Short Story 1
Smiling Orb And A Short Story 2
Smiling Orb And A Short Story 3
Smiling Orb And A Short Story 4
Smiling Orb And A Short Story 5
Smiling Orb And A Short Story 6
Smiling Orb And A Short Story 7
Smiling Orb And A Short Story 8

Thanks for reading,

And that's my story about my smiling orb and my short story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jal1515, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
Jal1515

I read your post and I stand by what I said. It was dust. Sometimes you can see what you want to see.
Jal1515 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
to Ico,
Not the post below but before that...

I'll say it again... It's the same simley I get all the time... It's not just a smiley or w.e... It's the same smiley like "face"... Always looking like this > =) ... Lol you people really don't read what I post.
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
delacroix1313

Do you know of any location that doesn't have dust? It can be anything, water vapor, dirt, dander, DUST.

"So, unless everyplace I have ever been and every camera ever used on me had dusty, dander issues... I think more times than not these orbs are orbs."

Actually the chances are better that it was dust. There are particles of stuff floating around you at all times just like how germs are everywhere. It's dust.

Like I said before it's not that I don't believe in their existance but I've only been wowed by a picture of an orb once in my life.
delacroix1313 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
I am new to this site and I signed up up to give my insight to these orbs. I am 30 years old and when I was 26 my friend noticed orbs in pictures of me. When I started to look into it I found pics of me from when I was 6 years to today that has orbs very similar to the ones above. So, unless everyplace I have ever been and every camera ever used on me had dusty, dander issues... I think more times than not these orbs are orbs.
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Jal1515

We're not saying it's one piece of dust that you keep taking pictures of. It's different particles of dust and no matter how much light or the angle of the picture, you'll still get a smiley face. You can go on the internet and find hundreds of pictures just like it. It's dust.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
I am sorry, Jal1515,
The last comment I made to you on this subject was on the third of this month. It was over and done with.
And now here on the 13 of the month you are going to drag me back into the comment section?
I let it go.
I have not made another comment TO you.
I gave my opinion, and that was that.
Please stop the verbal attack given out of frustration. I HAVE left your page.
Jal1515 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
thanks for your Ghostseer...
But truely, I don't think that everytime I somehow get a picture and when I do a close up on it I see it smiling [before I upload it on my computer even]... If this were to be dust and I somehow capture it in a lot of photo's... Then this dust must be in my house and the lady who cleans my house can't get rid of this specific little dust...
Like I've said over 3 times whitebuffalo... I did suggest it could be dust and all expecially the first time I got my first picture of an orb... I suggest that only one is an orb for the main fact that it somehow has an emotion or face or w.e... That's why I rule it out as dust, dander, dead skin and so on... Because I highly doubt that somehow I keep capturing a dust smiling the same way unless it would be a total fluke.
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
I've gotta say, I think it's dust. I've seen a lot of paranormal photos and I've only been wowed by a picture of an orb once in my life. Even if it is an orb that doesn't mean it's paranormal. I don't believe orbs have anything supernatural about them. I think the're very similiar to ball lightning except that while ball lightning gets it's energy from the sky, orbs get they're energy from the ground.
auntpama (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I joined this site just so I could say this: I have been taking pictures for over 25 years in all kinds of places with all kinds of cameras and all kinds of situations and I have only seen ONE picture of mine with an orb in it. Therefore, I believe orbs are genuine - if they were just dust, animal dander, etc. Then I would have seen them in lots of my pictures. I'm just sayin'.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Exactly, ghostseer.
This is a young person who "is learning about the Paranormal", THAT is why it was important to point out that not ALL that is perceived to BE Paranormal actually is. If you are LEARING about how to deal with, and how to discern the difference, it is IMPORTANT to look at all sides.
The only thing that truly matters is that one should always keep an open mind when researching the possibilities. Like I stated MANY times, I am not saying this WAS what my suggestion was, I was merely giving a separate idea that was not given previously. In the quest for the truth, one SHOULD be open, and not slam the door on different possibilities.
BUT, my form of trying to help someone see a different possibility is totally being fought (and YES, I DID read...), so therefore...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Concerning the Paranormal: This is a new, barely touched upon field, and there is no right or wrong at this stage of Paranormal information written today. It is information brought forward by Individual experiences. How does one study what most cannot see,feel,hear?. How do you accept or understand another persons word of their experience? Then again, how do you discount it?. I have seen bouncing orbs, corkscrew orbs that seemed to move in slow motion, orbs in colors of the rainbow, orbs traveling through walls and returning a few minutes later, orbs that hovered in front of my face, groups of orbs that hovered in front of me. Some feel as though they have intelligent energy attached to them, some feel electrical, some have no feeling at all. Some are just dust, dander, dirt, collective "junk" in the air. We can only take a good hard guess. Does it really matter?. This young person is learning about the Paranormal, and what it means to connect with those on the other side. Try and remember this when you comment...Blessings, Ghostseer
Jal1515 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
umm then what was the point of commenting Troyarn... No offence but if you're going to write something that useless it's best not to comment...

Anywho thanks Martin for poating my pictures... Lol sadly you can't the smile: (darn... 'cause you have to zoom in specially the first one of my dog Mocha and the one beside it where Mocha and Diego sit together... Wish I kept the original sizes (I get rid of my photo's after posting them on facebook so I had to snatch it from there)
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
I've read these comments and can only say I have very little (if any) faith in orb photos. I am not doubting any stories, but have seen so many photos with "orbs" in them that turn out to be any number of things that I simply do not value them much.
Jal1515 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
Whitebuffalo, I know all animal do, I just said that my dog is outside more often... I never said she never gets pet dander... Please read next time.
Anywho I sent pictures so hopefully they are put up somewhere:S... No idea where I'd find the pictures I sent...
Anywho hope to see more comments and hear what others have to say
Thanks again for reading.:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
Not trying to beat a dead horse, just thinking to drop off a few facts:
According to http://www.natlallergy.com/article.asp?ai=137&bhcd2=1238758163:
" The epidermis of dogs and cats is quite thin; it is made up of many layers of cells which are constantly pushing upward to replace the cells above. As this process takes place about every 21 days, the outer cells die and flake off into the environment as dander. It has been found, incidentally, that the epidermal turnover is more rapid in breeds that are groomed frequently and especially in breeds that are prone to various forms of dry and oily seborrhea (Cocker and Springer Spaniels, West Highland White Terriers, Irish Setters to name a few). Instead of the normal 21 days cycle, the epidermal turnover of seborrheic dogs is 3 to 4 days... Unfortunately there are no known breeds of either cats or dogs that do not produce allergenic dander."
And http://www.allergybegone.com/aboutpetdander.html provides: "...while dander on a smooth surface (such as a wall) can be easily wiped off, in soft materials, such as carpets, mattresses, upholstered furniture, and clothing, it can persist for long periods of time. That is why, unless special steps are taken, pet dander can remain in a home for up to six months after the pet has been removed, perhaps longer when another pet is present."
"It is possible that pet dander is trapped in the duct work of your home. Have your air ducts cleaned regularly by a professional air cleaning service." recommends
Http://www.allergynursing.com/questions2/dog.html with the added note that pet dander is airborne and easily "collected" on clothing, hair and other "soft surfaces".

I only point these out as you are adamant about your pet NOT having dander. It would appear that ALL animals do, it is a naturally occurring cleansing of their skin.
I am not here to argue, just sharing facts. It IS best to eliminate all POSSIBLE situations. It is best to KNOW that it "could not possibly be".
Thank you.
Jal1515 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
anywho... I used a site called picnik.com... The only thing I did was I used an edit which enhances the picture better as in, it shows more details and brightens the picture... I don't have photoshop, too expensive and the one I tried to download online actually crashed my laptop...
Although I do think of the alternative, like pet dander, but then again my dog is mostly outside and doesn't have dandruff, lol, and the dust... Well someone dusts our house frequently... But again if someone COULD tell me how to post/send pictures I would but when I tried sending it back to the e-mail, it said the e-mail didn't exist and then said his inbox was full:S...
...In my dining room pictures I do believe some of it could be dust but I'm not saying all of em are orbs... And I have a digital camera as well lol that takes still shot photos and is actually recommended by a lot of photographers, since I'm an ammature.
And yes Whitebuffalo you could be right about people we might not know but then again I'm not going to ask my dad who lived here and saying we have ghost, my dad is a non believer and asking for an investigator to come he'd probably bring me a psychiatric hospital thinking I'm nuts... Lol.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Whitebuffalo, and Jal1515 make a very good point. This is a very good "argument", lol. It could be pet dander, it could be dust, it could be numerous of things. I do know, however, that the pics I took are of orbs. I eliminate everything, before I even think about orbs in my pics. Example, I took a picture, and when I uploaded it into my computer, there was a shiny light looking thing on my wall. Sure, I freaked, but then I turned to the wall, and looked, and realize that it was probably the picture from the opposite wall ulluminating where this shiny light was... (I don't know how to edit pics, so mines are from a digital camera,lol)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
I read that. I SAW that SOME of the photo's have been edited. How would I, the average person, be able to TELL which of those photo's were edited when all grouped together? I am not trying to be argumentative, really. Just practical.
As for reading your posts more thoroughly. I did, in fact, I read over this story SEVERAL times, and through the comments just as many times, BEFORE I even posted to you. I am NOT like SOME of the posters here who simply read the story and go ahead and write their first thoughts on it. I actually pulled the comment straight out of my own personal experiences.
I am not saying these orbs definitely ARE pet dander. I have not seen the raw photographs. I am giving you a separate option to consider. Nothing more.
They may well BE visitors from The Other Side (and COULD even be "random ghost people" that your Dad does not even KNOW about), but it is only fair (to all) to be objective.
Thank you.
Jal1515 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
yeah I didn't edit all of them lol... I only edited 4/20 photos so I can enhance the photo... Sure I can believe some of it is dust... But how come this "dust" that I happen to capture always has a smile... Without playing with my mind, I'm a very detailed person, yes I go into details and I investigate into things...
And I doubt my dad would allow random ghost people come over since my dad isn't a believer in all this and would think it's non sense... And so do most of my friends... Maybe you should read my post more thoroughly, because like I've posted, I edited some... Not all... And I'm not thinking this is someone the fact that my neighbour had passed away in her home, and she was the one who helped me get my dog and also that she was very close to me and my dad [they were dating]...
Anywho I'd love to edit my thread because I totally forgot about my neighbour o.O... Just remembered that yesterday...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Really? That is the feel you got from my comment? Interesting as I HAVE to be skeptic to BE a believer. It is all in eliminating ALL of the possibilities before jumping straight onto the Paranormal Train. It is actually called investigating the ENTIRE situation.
As I have stated, I have a few orbs that seem to resemble family members. I HAVE to discount them as the Paranormal Investigators, and the Photo "experts" that have checked them out (leaning heavily on the investigators on this part of the comment) have a DUTY to point out ALL of the possibilities. I was giving you the "advice" THEY gave us.
As for the rest of the comment, Think about it. If you took those photo's into an "expert" and told THEM that you edited them, they would more than likely hand them back to you and say "Thanks for sharing these" because they need the RAW photograph. Nothing done TO them, just straight off the camera.
My friend, I have HAD investigators over, and THEY pointed out what I did about the orbs as a former tenant HAD pets... I was just trying to share the wealth of THEIR experience, as THEY shared it with ME.
I was not intending to be mean, not intending to be disbelieving, just trying to help you look at the WHOLE situation. That includes pointing out things that others MAY NOT have thought of.
Thank you.
Jal1515 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
well for one... To answer everyone's question, my camera is a still shot, cybershot sony camera 8.1 m.p. And I don't move and nor does my dog and we haven't been near the are and no fan...
I only take these pictures around the same time and I hieghly doubt it's dust since I have someone who cleans my house 4 times a week lol because my brother has allergies to dust.
Whitebuffalo from your comment you really do not seem like a paranormal believer... From what you state you're basically saying this is all... Crud... But I have heard some stuff in my house and not both my pets are dead I still have one of my dogs... Lol...
As for the orb smiling... It littarily looks like this =) ... If someone tells me how to post pictures I'll gladly post them, since I have quite a few. And I also doubt that everytime I get a picture there happens to be a dust thing flying around?... Like come on xD lol.
Although, I can assure you, there have been many passings in my house... Or very important family members... But honestly if everyone is just saying this is just dust... Then I guess all orbs are dust then if I'm correct?... So orbs don't exist and all pictures containing orbs are fake:)... [sarcasm if you missed it]...
My point is, I know what I've captured, and have captured this orb many times... Like I said it might be my mom but I'm thinking it was my recently put down dog Diego, since it's always captured with my dog, because they were very close together, or even my passed away neighbour who helped me get my dog.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Pet dander. It is a fairly common occurrence in photographs of animals. Even after an animal no longer resides in a home, their dander survives in the air ducts and ventilating systems.
That is NOT to say that your pets were not well cared for and dirty. It just happens.
In some orbs, lots of "pictures" take place. We have a few that resemble members of the family who have passed, and unfortunately they are considered dust, moisture, bugs and a plethora of other things BEFORE they get counted as one of the life impaired (even a tiny reflection off the licence around an animals neck).
In that you state in the body of this that you edited a few of the photos...
Eech. That might be a tough one for using as evidence, or proof positive.
Thank you.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
October, I'm not sure if you were talking to me or the author, about them smiling. My o.r.b.s. Aren't smiling, they're just there. The white circles in my photos ARE NOT dust, they are actual o.r.b.s. And thank you for saying my computer isn't possessed,lol. It's like whenever I make a comment, the word c.l.o.w.n shows up instead of the actual word I said,lol.
October (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Lol, I doubt your computer is possessed. Maybe you are just capturing dust. Can you go into further detail how it's "smiling?"

There is dust everywhere, occupied and abonded homes.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I never said the "c" word in my first post! What the heck is going on here? Is my computer possessed?
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
My computer mistyped my last comment. I never said the "c" word... I typed in the "o" word, and when I clicked on publish, it posted what it posted...
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Thank you Jal1515! I forgot to mention that my orbs are in my dinigroom, and at night too! Although, I have captured a couple in livingroom as well. I'm not sure how to post photos on this site either,lol.
Tonith, if this is truly dust we're taking pictures of, then why would there be dust in one pic, and not the next one of the same spot? Why would there be dust on almost every picture I take, if my house is being occupied? Usually abandoned homes have the dust...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Most parapsychologists don't put too much store in orbs. There are way too many reasons for them being natural and not supernatural. I'm sure there are some that are more legit but to my knowledge unless accompanied by other phenomenon like a drop in temperature, or how it moves, it's usually just dust or insects that get caught on film. It's really hard to lose a parent and I can understand your wanting this to have validity, just not sure about orbs in general. I love my pets too and have had oddities happen since their demise but no orbs.
Jal1515 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
that's interesting snowflake!... Although when I capture a lot of them it's mainly at night and in my dining area...
But this orb is really getting to me _the smiling one_ although I'm trying to submit photo's but I don't know how:S.
Thanks for the comment:) and a part of your story,
Take care and best wishes.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Oh my goodness! I'm experiencing almost the same thing! The only difference is, I didn't have a pet, or family member pass away recently. The owner of my house died in the house about 2 years ago or so, and "my orbs" aren't smiling. I have tons of pictures of orbs in my home, and my cousin's home. I usually only capture one, maybe 2. But last night, I counted 9 in one picture! Sorry I'm rambling on and on,lol. I'm sorry, I can't give you an opinion on your story, and I hope there's someone that can. I'm going to post my orb story as soon as the site will let me,lol. Take care, and thanks for sharing! 😁 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: