You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Remaining Ghostly Boarder

Real Ghost Stories

Remaining Ghostly Boarder

 

My two brothers just recently started tearing down an old deserted house that had been used as a boarding house. It had been deserted for years outside of your usual varmits from outdoors.

One day my brother's were over there working, with one upstairs and the other downstairs. The one downstairs said he was tearing out a fireplace, when out of the corner of his eye he saw a figure standing at the foot of the stairs. Immediately he went over to see, he thought it was my other brother. There was no one there. As he started back into the room that he was working in, there standing at the fireplace was an old gentleman dressed in bib overalls and a red flannel shirt. He said the figure turned around and looked at him, then disappeared. It startled him, but he went back to working on the fireplace anyways.

Shortly after that my other brother came down stairs, he'd said when he was half way down he felt a slight push on his back. At the same time as the push, he heard a man's voice saying get out. He asked my other brother did you hear a voice saying get out. He told him no, but I saw a figure standing by the fireplace.

A few days later they were able to do some research on this place. There had been quite a few deaths in the house over the years. I guess the old man was one of those that decided to stick around and watch over the old boarding house. But with all these things that are still going on there, it hasn't stopped my brothers from working on tearing this old place down. It's hard to tell what will happen next.

Other hauntings by princess2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princess2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Blondie95 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
I think your brother's SHOULD get out of the house because if they are being phisically pushed there's no way of telling how much worse this is going to get but it sounds like that particular ghost has got a lot of energy so be careful!

Good luck xxx
tboro (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
in my opinion I agree with mrzach that its better to leave them alone... As if another building is build you there something bad might happen... The ghost gave your brothers a warning to stay away... So its better they do it else the ghost might injure them... 😐 as he have already tried it...
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
This story seems familiar... Only I've heard it as a church... Not a boarding house... Oh well

Anyway: Is it just your two brothers tearing down the building? Or is there more crew? I'd say that is a lot of work for two people...

I'm assuming the old man that owned the building has passed, so who "owns" it now? What kind of "deaths" took place there?

Boarding houses/hotels are interesting. You think about all the people that have passed through them. All sorts of people with different problems...issues...stories. They are bound to leave something behind.
crystal8495 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
awwww... The old man must love the place. He probably grew up there. I would try to convince them to leave the place alone but...
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
The same thing sort of happened to me. Well not the whole tearing down houses thing, but in my old house (well my old old house, I've moved a lot) I got pushed down the stairs. I didn't fall or anything, but it was just enough for me to feel it. That house was haunted, me and my family constantly heard kids running around the upstairs hallway and in my dad's room. I hated that house because of all the things me and my whole family heard, but we might have to move back in...
Anyways, goodluck with the house, hopefully your brothers can tear down the rest of it without getting hurt
MrZach (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Oh man! Tell your brothers to be careful! I don't totally believe that ghosts can kill you, but if they push you down the stairs, well that would hurt! 😜 Thats really interesting though. I hope everything goes well! Good luck on tearing down that house! Let us know how it goes. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: