You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts At My Aunt's House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts At My Aunt's House

 

My friend and I went to visit my aunt. She lives alone in and old 1800's house. As we sat in the sitting room visiting with her, she started talking about strange noises. She said there had been some apparitions also.

We really didn't know what to think of this conversation we were having with her. She got up to go in the kitchen to get us some drinks. We thought we heard her call for us.

I got up to go see what she wanted. When I got in there I asked her what she wanted. She said, "What do you mean, I didn't call for you." I looked at her; I told her we both heard you call our names. She said well it wasn't me.

At that point is when she went into detail about what had been happening around the house. She said one evening before she went to bed, she went into the kitchen and standing there were two ladies. Except these two ladies weren't alive.

These two ladies were dressed in long white dresses. They were carrying on a conversation and laughing. But the only thing is she said was the voices were muffled, so you couldn't understand what they were saying.

We asked her if it would be ok if we stayed over. We wanted to see this for ourselves. She was tickled to have us, but be prepared for some things to happen. We thought it was just the ramblings of an old woman who lived alone in an old house.

I told my friend later, wouldn't it be neat to experience something weird. So as bedtime rolled around, I decided to go take my bath. I climbed into the tub, and as I was pouring water over my head I felt a hand grab my elbow. There was no doubt it was a hand, I felt the fingers wrap around my elbow. I thought my aunt had walked in and I hadn't heard her. I looked around and I was alone.

I asked my aunt if it had ever happened to her. She said just one time before. The reason she never told us about it, she thought it was just her imagination. I know it wasn't mine though.

When we went to bed that night, we heard some strange noises down the hall from where we were sleeping. I thought maybe it was my aunt getting ready for bed. It wasn't though; we opened the door and looked down the hallway. Standing at the end of the hallway was a lady dressed in a long flowing white dress.

The next morning I told my aunt about the strange noise and the lady we seen. She said well if you stay around here long enough, you get used to these things happening. Not me, I was ready to leave. I asked my aunt if she wanted to come with me. She said she was perfectly fine just where she was. So me and my friend left that morning, we still discuss what had happened.

Other hauntings by princess2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princess2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
That's one brave aunt you have. I know I would've been out of there in a heartbeat lol. And just curious, was this in NC?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: