You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Baby Crying

Real Ghost Stories

Baby Crying

 

This just happened to my daughter yesterday evening. She and her husband were sitting in the living room, when they heard a baby crying. Knowing of course there wasn't a baby in the house, she went to the back bedroom to check it out. Naturally there wasn't any more noise to be heard.

When she got up this morning, there was the baby crying again. It sounded like it was in the same room as she was. The house was completely quiet outside of that noise. The dog even raised its head as if it heard it to.

It's not like this was the first time they had heard noises there. Several times at night after they had gone to bed, they would hear footsteps in the kitchen. The footsteps would walk to the refrigerator and open the door. That would be it, no other noise.

One morning when she was getting ready for work, she saw a handprint on the mirror. At first she thought it was her husband playing a trick on her. She called him at work and asked him. He said he didn't do it, so she wiped it off and went to work. She got home from work before her husband did that evening, right there on the mirror was that handprint again. She left it there until he got home from work just so he could see it. Then she wiped it off and that was the last time that happened at least so far.

She said there is times when you are walking through the house, it feels like you're walking through a spider web. You might think this is a big old house, but it's not. It's a single wide mobile home that they bought new. The land around where they live has a lot of history. So maybe that has something to do with it, you think?

Other hauntings by princess2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princess2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alex0122 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
i would look into the history and tell them to be careful because it might turn out bad
scgirl97 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-23)
I would have been completley freaked out. My babysister died at 2 years old an that would have pushed me right over the edge. I feel so sorry for her.
Metalpixie91 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
This is one of the few stories that I read and did not feel liike the writer was overreacting. I think, as long as no one is being harmed, that it is kind of cool to live on a piece of land that has so much history tied into it. I'd look into everything that has happened around there to get an idea of what could be "haunting" your home. 😊
willbur (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
I have lived in houses with spirits or ghosts in them. Nothing bad has ever happened, just the little things you notice such as something misplaced when you knew exactly where you put it. Movement out of the corner of the eye. Of course the feeling of being watched. I remember a day when I thought I was being watched all day. I was alone in the house. I was going to the shower and felt I was followed up the stairs. Now before I entered the bathroom I had had enough and I turned around and politely asked whoever it was to leave me alone for now. Immediately the feeling went away and the rest of the evening was very relaxing. I've learned to co-habitate with ghosts with no ill affects. I am not saying all ghosts are casper the friendly type, but I think just like people, most are good natured. I know a medium who says this to be true but just like the living there are pranksters and not so nice ghosts.
hgiog (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
("I just believe if we believe in God, nothing can harm us.
God Bless!")

Believing in God is not enough. We have to seek him. I have believed in God and Jesus as Savior all my life. Still I ended up into new age things, trying to understand some spiritual experiences. I only ended up with a darkness in my house and demons that messed with me in various ways. Affecting thoughts, decisions, pulling me out of my body at night, and filling me with hate. So you see believing is not enough.

Seek him, pray to him ask for what you need believing he loves you enough to give it. Go to church as he disires this of you. It helps keep you protected and is a place where he can teach you things you need to know. Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. Do what he asks of you, or he is not your Lord.

Then you can expect that nothing will harm you while you remain in his will. After all, you tell your child not to go into the street and he does any way. Can you protect him from being hit by a car?
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
Thanks for posting the story. Your daughter may want to smudge the apartment with sage/lemongrass (or incense whatever seems appropriate to your religion). One of my friends (she is a psychic reader and helped me when I had trouble sleeping in my new rented apartment) says that places have residual energies from the previous occupants/incidents. Doesn't mean that the place is haunted always. Also looks like whoever/whatever making noise in the apartment is harmless. It will be a good idea to bless the place, since I heard that such energies get stronger when we tend to pay more attention and give importance to their actions (they feed on our fear, anger and other negative emotions).
I dint mean to scare you, I just believe if we believe in God, nothing can harm us.
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: