You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Apparitions In The Hospital Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Apparitions In The Hospital Hallway

 

I work for a company that has employees who sits with certain patients. My patient for that week was a 90 year old woman. She was right in her mind, especially for that age.

Well that particular morning, I walked into her room. She was staring at something in the corner. At first she didn't even acknowledge I was there. Finally after a few minutes, which seemed like hours she looked over at me. She said, those people there want me to go with them. I didn't see anyone. I knew from experience that you're supposed to humor them.

I tried to change the subject, but in her mind there were people standing there. Her mom and dad were there, she said they were telling her it was time for her to go. She wasn't the least bit upset. I called the nurse in and told her what was going on. My patient told her she didn't think she would be there that much longer. The nurse checked her out, everything was normal. I sat there for the rest of my shift, thinking that she would die any second. She laid there and smiled a lot at nothing. At least nothing I could see.

That evening as I was leaving I glanced back over at her; she had a smile on her face staring over at the corner. I closed the door behind me as I was leaving. As I turned and looked up the dimly lit hallway, I could have sworn I seen 5 or 6 apparitions walking up the hall in front of me. I just knew the next morning she wouldn't be there waiting for me.

The next day when I came in, the nurse said she passed away during the night. I guess her family and friends did come to fetch her. I don't know why I seen those apparitions in the hall, but they were there. Maybe I was meant to see them.

Other hauntings by princess2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princess2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MaMaof2angels (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
My grandfather suffered a massive stroke before he passed away. When he was in the hospital just before he died, my mother was there with him. He could not speak and was mostly in a state of unconciousness. My mother said while she was with him the day he died he miraculously became very alert but still couldn't speak. My mother said late in the evening all he would do was stare and point at the doorway with a big smile on his face. He died soon afterward that evening. My mother believes that he was seeing "someone" who had come to take him home to heaven! ❤
Mervyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
I think people are aware that their time is up. My mum was admitted to hospital on a wednesday and on thursday night she said farewell to all of us and made comments to everyone. I'm her youngest child and she told my girlfriend to look after her (my mother's) baby. That night she went into a comma and passed away on the sunday. That thursday evening was the last she spoke to anyone.
tortor61 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
oh I forgot to say. Those people in the corners are angels. I know its hard to understand. Angels go in corners because they are like passegways to different universes. Hope this helps too. God Bless.
tortor61 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
i read a book on life after death. This man worked and voluteered at different hospices. He told stories about memorable patients he had. One was about an old woman who did the same thing. The man said her family was there and everything. What the spirits are trying to do is to show death in a happier way. God Bless. 😳
miso_curious (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
What an odd story, thanks for sharing! It's nice to know that the old woman wasn't afraid, anyways, I should hope we'd all be so lucky when our time comes. That's interesting too, that you saw the ghosts afterwards, since it sounds like you were a bit skeptical at first.
Shannieandandie (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
i had the very same experience. But this was in an insane asylum. An abandoned one too... I was there doing an investigation with my mother... And I saw a guy stagger out of a door. However, he was see through. -Shiver- it gave me goose bumps. 😐 It was really wired.
jadeflower999 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
I have had very similar experiences. I am a nurse in a nursing home and it is so common for people to have these experiences right before they die. It's neat you got to see the people too. I always wish I could see who my patients are talking to and seeing before they pass on.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
I think maybe you were meant to see them. Maybe they wanted you to see that death isn't as scary as it may seem to us humans. Maybe they wanted to show you that when its your time your loved ones will be waiting for you too

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: