You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Hate Closets

Real Ghost Stories

I Hate Closets

 

When I was a little girl and my brother was still living with my mom, and dad, I, being the youngest, had to have the little room. I hated that room. Scary things would happen that have haunted me for the rest of my life!

When I was younger, around the age of six maybe, my dad would stay in there with me until I fell asleep. I wanted to sleep with him and mom but he wouldn't allow it. I remember crying myself to sleep every night because I didn't want to stay in that room. I hated it! I would have a horrible feeling of dread and fear every time I stayed in that room.

But, during the nights I would wake up to hear a loud bang coming from my closet. I would look around to see what it was and my closet door would always be open. The only thing I kept in my closet was clothes and some toys but that's it, nothing would have caused it to open and make a big loud noise to wake me up.

But I do remember it opening and shutting by its self loads of times. I would scare me so bad to where I would pee myself and sleep with my brother in the other room. It was horrifying.

My mom, dad nor my brother would ever believe me about it, I felt like I was crazy and I still feel like that.

To this day I can't sleep with a closet open. Sounds stupid I know maybe I'm just a paranoid person when it comes to closets.

Any help?

Other hauntings by minx69

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, minx69, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

midnighthade (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
I don't care for closet's much eather. Cause back when I lived in tulsa ok I would hear growling coming from the closet and from time to time I'd catch the door knob to my closet turn or wiggle when I'm alone in my room.

One time my dogs bear and lad woke me up barking at my closet door, they were standing in front of the closet door just barking at it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
minx69,
I have not read the other comments, but I have a question or two for you (I DO hope this was not asked before).
This story is written in the past tense, all except for the last three sentences.
Do you still live in the same home? If you do, are you still in the same room? Do you still have the same experiences in there, if you do? What exactly would you like help WITH? Understanding the past, or getting over the fear of sleeping with an open closet?
Wa-do.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
After what you went through I don't blame you for not wanting a closet door open. I've never had a paranormal experience but I did have a dream when I was a kid that I was looking in my mirror and my reflection had only one eye above my nose! Till this day I don't like to look at my reflection in a dark room. I now don't have one in my bedroom and I'm 45 years old! Here's how my dream went. When I was a kid there was a cartoon the Brady kids. During the opening Greg sings "first there's marcia with her eyes that's sparkling blue" I started to wonder if my eyes sparkled. I had this one dream where I looked at my reflection and my eyes were really sparkling! I fell in love with my reflection! Then the sparkling of my two eyes slowly turned into the two whites on either side of the pupil of one eye! Freaky huh? I fell in love with my own beauty just like Lucifer (Satan) fell in love whith his! I'm not evil though.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I never sleep with my closet open because last night a shadowy zombie looking ghost came out. 😨
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
I think we all have been afraid of the closet monster at one time or another, but I agree that sometimes the least used areas of a house can be portals for spiritual activity. I still like a dim light on in the bedroom when I sleep (drives my husband nuts) but it makes me feel better to be able to see ahead of time if something is coming at me. So maybe try a dim light or blocking the door shut with a heavy object when you sleep.
Good Luck
Zukismom
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
Wow!
Lots of Comments to Reply too.
I would like to thank each one of you for reading and helpin me:) You people rock!:)
Anyway...

To:Chaos: I've cheaked for spring, Its just a thick closet door with hinges on the sides. No locks or anything... Mom told me once that she believed a little boy died here but she won't tell me anything else about it... Thanks for yor time

To:preacher1: My dad has talked about blessing the house, but he just wants to for no reason, and before he does it he wants me to be christain. But I don't really have a beliefe, I'm very spiritual though, if that makes any sence at all. Thanks for your time

To: KimSouthO: Yes, I agree with your oppinion on kids, and how they can scence things adults can not. Its hard to let go of something when its haunted you all your life but I'm going to try. Thanks for your time:)

To:kagome: Seems like a really good idea. Thanks for your time:)

To: dreem: Wow, Thats pretty freaky, I would have got outta their asap! I've even had this happen to me at a friends house, we were watching a movie and her closet started to open and shut really fast. So we left to the other room. It was really odd.
dreem (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
That happened to me one afternoon while I was napping. There was a huge racket with the closet doors being yanked open and banged shut again. I thought at first it was my husband looking for something and wondering why he was so especially noisy. But no one was there. Also a friend of mine had this experience one day staying in an old victorian house by herself, waiting for her boyfriend. She says all the doors in the big house flew open and banged shut again randomly. But she was the only one in the house at the time. It really freaked her out.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-05-17)
Yeah, satin can come even in the form of bed sheets and lingerie 😉

It's spelled Satan.
Tyco360 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-17)
I commented on your Rage story I also said something about Satin comes in nice forms. Talk to Rage about it.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-17)
It's said that spirits can occupy space that is rarely used. Attics, crawl spaces, closets, laundry rooms etc. Chances are you just had a problem with sleeping alone like a lot of kids do. Couple that with childhood fears of the dark and separation it's not a wonder your imagination ran wild. Not saying there wasn't something there, just saying more than likely your fear was triggering some of the activity.
kagome (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
hi!well I understand completely of your story. And to help ill tell you something that will help. First next time you go to the closet you will probobly feel an energy if there's something there. And you determine if its good energy or bad energy. (dont let your fears make you believe it is bad.) and if it is something bad you will most likely feel the urge to leave. If you sence it is bad then call a pastor and ask them to bless the house cause if you only bless the closet demons can easily go to another place in the house. Hope that helps!
Keola101 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
go to your local church ask for hoy water go a closet or wherever and yell this with power "In the name of jesus the lord and holy spirit I command you to leave" if there's something there it will be forced to leave
YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
your like me, I make an effort to close my closet before I sleep just in case a demon pops out, I'd rather have it bang its face on the doors.
It probably try to curse me for leaving my closet doors shut, it's good though cause I like telling demons to go to hell It's fun.
ValiNyx (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
Hmm, well, seems like something must have happened in that room that left its energy there to haunt those that were sensative enough to feel it... Just my opinion.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
Closets - symbolize something in your life that you have kept hidden. It may also signify an unveiling of previously hidden aspects of yourself, as in "coming out of the closet".

Don't know maybe it is something you may want to look into.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
I do not think that it is just paranoia. I am a firm believer in children often being able to sense and feel 'things' that pehaps an adult can not. Children are more in tune with themselves and what is going on around them and are more susceptable to the energies around them.

I believe there was an energy in the bedroom you had as a child. Unfortunately, there was enough of that energy left to frighten you, to this day.

I amcertain this is easier said than done, let go of what happened then and let go of the fear.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story with us.

God Bless!
preacher1 (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
My dear minx remember "the night is darkest before the dawn". Do not give up faith sometimes divine intervention doesn't always come to us on a platter. To purify themselves some Exorcist priests will fast (for days), pray (for hours), and ask for forgiveness before conducting an exorcism, just something to consider to purify yourself. There are many who are tormented for years by demonic oppression or partial possession. You may need the help of a priest (at least a house blessing), not sure of what denomination you belong to but if it's not catholic then you might want to seek the help of a deliverance minister.
Chaos (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
I am guessing that it was a old closet door that was spring operated. If it was then there could have been things stuck in the cracks that make it open by itself with the right amount of shaking. I have had my closet doors open by themselves but due to the spring barely being pushed on by a simple shift of the contents of the closet. Though if that is not a possibility then if the spirit was not trying to hurt you in any way. I guess it could have been a person that had lived in that room before you. (assuming that you were not the first occupants of the house) I assume that after they died their spirit went to reside in the room. Sounds like it might have been a child's spirit possibly going to play with the toys.
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
To: preacher1
Yes, their have been different things happening when I was younger other then the closet. Mom would always have to walk by me past the refrigorator becasue when I walked by it something would always fly off of it and almost hit me. She's also experianced things too in the house. Yes, I've heard whispers comming from it, and I do sometimes hear thing when I walk by it. I don't stay in that room anymore, my older brother does and he never hears or see's anything strange.
I've found that out, that its hard to get rid of something once you let it in. But, I've been going to church some, and I've prayed to. He still comes in my dreams too.
Thanks for your time:)

To: Zoajet
I don't believe I would ever want to go into that closet. It freaks me out to this day!
Thanks for your time:)

To: hobbyholly:
The door would open with a loud bang against the wall. Like Someone was jerking it open really fast and hard. Their use to be a house here before we moved the trailer down here but the owner burned it down. Yeah, Sence I stay in a different room I always get bad vibes from my other closet but nothing has happened from them. Thanks for your time:)

To: Dantheman
Lol, I so would but I've been stuckin a a closet before and I hated it. My ex byfriend stuck me in one and I was freakin out too. That just made my fears worse.
Thanks for your time:)

To: angelfeathers
Hmm. Not really. You see I'm stayin in a different room. The only thing I see in this one are shadows and being watched. I've even had those dreams at a friends house before and when I wake up they always tell me I seem different. But I don't know how. It could be a bad thing or he could be taking over me. Thanks for your time:)

To: Briket:
Yeah it's a horrable fear I think. Sometimes I won't even hang my clean cloths up because I'm scared of them so much and when I walk into my moms room and I see that hers is open I leave.ASAP! Thanks for your time:)
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
It doesn't seem demonic.
Do you still live there?
If so, check out the door see if it opens easily, if it opens easily it could be that it just randomly opened, it could also be that you didn't close it properly.
Kids imaginations can over-react sometimes. I'm not sure about the bang.
I'm not saying you're a liar or anything like that I'm just exploring possibilities to try to put your mind at ease:)

Good Luck ❤
Brikeat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
my boyfriend also has a problem with closets and he cannot explain it but if the door is open the slightest he feels uncomfortable. But we are having issues just lately with seeing shadows in the corner of our bedroom and feeling watched. 😕

Hope everything goes ok for you.
Bless.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
This reminds me of the PS episode where the handicapped kid's spirit was attracted to the handicapped kid that lived in the house. The spirit seemed to stay in the little boys closet (set the toys off in there, knocks, etc). L.Warren actually came and advised on that one. The living kid's mother worked with the spirit kid (before he died) at a clinic until he died, must have gone home with her. The kid that died had some very serious facial deformaties and no eyes at all. That is why the kid that lived there was so scared. It is wild that the spirit kid could not see in his living condition but could get all around that house and harass people at will after death.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
To the OP, Pardon this quick comment:

Angelfeathers: Thank you for fielding that "hot potato" (in regards to exorcism... I wasn't about to touch that due to...well...you know). Simple and well put.

With regards to Lorraine Warren, I'd love to hear your take on her via my email (which you have) or any other poster I keep in touch with (whitebuffalo,kecoughtan,rhodes...etc).

It would be helpful if the OP came back to answer questions:sigh:
jingni (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
thanks for the ecplanation. So I would agree that an exorcism wouldn't work so it wouldn't be useful.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
To Minx69 -- Do you see any relationship between the-thing-in-the-closet and "the-one-in-my-dreams"? I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that they ARE related. The first fed off your strongest childhood emotion -- fear. The second feeds off your most powerful teen emotion -- sexuality. I believe that these manifestations are two sides of the same coin.

(By the way, the fact that you're feeling "pushed" out of your own body is NOT a good thing. This in reference to your other story.) For what it's worth, I DO believe you; and I'm concerned for you.

Blessings,
A.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Jingni, my understanding is that, technically, an exorcism involves "casting out" (removing) a demon from a person it is inhabiting. If a PLACE (home) is experiencing a demonic inhabitation, usually, a "house blessing" is performed.

I don't like to continue to cite Lorraine Warren, but for some reason, she continues to pop up in relation to these things -- so, I'll add...

In at least one of Lorraine Warren's cases, a medium was used as "bait" so that a demonic presence could be cast out of a house. When the medium became possessed by the entity, the priest then cast the demon out of the medium, and the incidents in the home ceased.

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.
A.
jingni (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
oh ok. True fully, I never heard of that word before. Thanks. So I read the posts and if an exorcism is done on a Possession, does that mean its only used for that?
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
jingni: It is the practice (often associated with the catholic church) of "removing" a demon from ones body. Possession removal if you will. Normally scenes from "The Exorcist" come to people's mind. Although, that is just a movie/example to maybe jog your memory

Without getting into a load of details OR a debate of my quick definition, here is a link to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism
jingni (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
um. Nice story. That is really scary. I would be too afreid to go in it. Um can I ask, what's an exorcism?
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
you might actually want to go in the closet. If its evil, and you know the right stuff, you can kinda-befreind it if you get my meaning

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: