You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: It Wants Inside

Real Ghost Stories

It Wants Inside

 

My mother has always told me not to worry about the things in our home. She tells me good spirits are here who won't harm us, yet I agree and disagree at the same time. I do believe something is here on the property and it wants to get inside our home.

For years I've always gone walking into the woods because of how it's so peaceful and just calming. Only, I've been chased out by something and always smelling horrible rotting things that I can never find. It takes your breath away. It's been going on for years like that and one of the first times I got chased out of the woods I could hardly see because I wasn't wearing my glasses. My cat Milkshakes, (yes I have/had a cat named Milkshakes) was with me and she ran away scared. I didn't see why because she always stood by my side no matter what, but I could tell she was really scared. So I looked around the best I could and saw a bush moving and vines being torn down. There was a huge black thing, bigger then a dog and smaller then a bear coming at me and I just knew I had to get out of their fast and I did. I never ran so fast in my life. I've went back up their a few times with my glasses so I could see and never find anything.

A month or so ago my dog Dixie was acting very odd. She would stare outside the door for hours and not even bark or anything. Until one day something was trying to tear down the back door and she was going crazy! I jumped up with a knife in my hand thinking someone was trying to break in. My dad went out the front door incase they went around that way and when I was out side, no one was their at all. The cats were gone and my other dog spot was in his house. I knew if it was a person, Spot would have attacked them because he is a very mean dog when it comes to strangers. So I don't know what it was.

It happened again not long ago only the door was almost broken in half and I went out side. For a summer day the area I was in was really cold and I felt so wrong by being their. I know something's out their and it wants in. I just hope it doesn't because what ever it is out their I know its evil.

I was talking to my friend about it and he says the property could be cursed and wants revenge on the owners. I don't see why something would seek revenge on us when we haven't done anything.

If anyone could tell me what this thing is I would be really thankful.

Other hauntings by minx69

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, minx69, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BabyBoo (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Minx69, did you see the news today? A man in Fairdale, Ky had some animal raiding his garden so he set up a trail camera that takes pictures when something sets off the motion detector. He got pictures of raccoons, rabbits, and something that people say looks like a bigfoot. 😲 The picture sure does look ape like but who knows for sure.

Anyway, thought that was pretty coincidental with you being in KY and some of us trying to convince you you share your woods with the hairy one himself. 😁
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
haha well if it is the creature of the wild out their and I ever see it again, I'm SO not running. If I ever seen anything my curiosity will get the best and I will have to know something
Thank you all for the help, if anything else happens I will let you know:) Bless you all
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Minx69,you have committed a great sin!-You have disturbed bigfoot while he was on "the nextel" with his cousin. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits (just kidding). On the serious side though I myself also believe that this is indeed a agressive, territorial bigfoot. Babyboo, you took the words right out of my mouth! Minx69 be careful if you go back into the woods because they (bigfoot) may have young ones they are trying to protect. GOD bless you and yours
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Thanks for comments you all, I know I left some info. Out of the story so I'm going to clear it up for you guys.
I havnt heard many things about Bigfoot in Kentucky because no one ever says anything. My friend has had encounters with Bigfoot and I plan on helping him to see if it is or isnt.
I've not seen any foot prints. The only ones I find are from deer or other creatures that live in the wood. Nothing Human except my own and my family.
My father said he didn't see anything when he went out the front door, so if it was human or Bigfoot, it wouldn't have got anywhere without one of us seeing it.
When summer passes by and the leaves die, I plan on going for another walk in the Wood. This is getting me Very Curious and I can't help myself but to know.
Thank you all again <3
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
I agree with the bigfoot theory - or perhaps some other cryptozoology creature. Http://www.cryptozoology.com/ has some good info. Thanks for the post, and good luck.
Miss_Cannabis (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
I've actualy had something like this happen to me. My grandmother actualy lives in Missouri and owns 200 acres of Ozark forests.

My little neice and I were playing out in the woods one day (she was 3 at the time) and she kept staring at random spots all over the place, and there was nothing there. I ignored it for a while until she stoped and told me to look. I got a very heavy feeling of discomfort.

So I looked in the direction she was pointing and I saw the same black thing you described in your story. After I saw it I hauled a** out of the woods. Till this day I don't know what it was but it was very scary.
But I hope it leaves you alone and stays out of your house.

God bless. 😊
darshan9209189691 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
if you really think that spirits are present at your home then just call a priest from nearest church and make your home pure and holy
That would really help those spirits to leave your home
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
i thought the same thing it could be a bigfoot have you looked on bigfoot sites to see if one may have been spotted in your area? Have you heard any strange screams at night?
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Well for a start that is a evil presence, have you tried saying things like "go away", or "you are not welcome"? It just might work. ❤
BabyBoo (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Let me first say that what I am about to suggest is said in all seriousness and is not intended to ridicule, cause alarm, or say that there is not a ghostly or supernatural cause for what you have experienced. Here goes: this might sound crazy but are you aware of any Bigfoot sightings in your area? The reason I mention it is because several things you reported in your story have things in common with what others have reported when encountering Bigfoot:

1) The terrible smell. Often people report that they smell a rotten meat smell, rotten egg smell or dirty wet dog smell in a big foot encounter.

2) Seeing the bushes move and vines being torn down is often the first step when a territorial Bigfoot starts an aggression display

2) Being chased from the woods. Again and again in Bigfoot reports people say that they were chased out of the woods and often times items (rocks or sticks) were thrown at them.

3 Your animals being afraid. In many reports people who are hiking in the woods and encounter a Bigfoot report their meanest, toughest animals cowering in fear. People also report a feeling of intense fear or dread during an encounter or a feeling of being watched.

4) The fact that the black shape wasn't 7 foot tall doesn't bother me because it is theorized that juvenile Bigfoots often travel on all 4s like a gorilla or chimp.

5) There are even many reports of Bigfoot attacking houses or peeping in windows.

If anything that I have mentioned here sounds like your experience I would go over to www.bfro.net which is the home for the Bigfoot Field Research Organization to learn more. They have a database of sightings where you could see if anyone else in your area has reported any encounters.

I have to say that I never gave Bigfoot much thought until BFRO was doing a field study near my vacation spot. After hearing about them I started to wonder who actually reports these encounters. Not that a woman who thinks her house is haunted can be judgemental!😁 I started reading the reports at the bfro website and was amazed at how many people who are highly trained observers (pilots, police officers, military folks) report encounters.

Whatever happens good luck and keep safe! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
I just have to ask a few questions, if you do not mind.
The rotting smell in the woods has me thinking only natural causes, as there are many things that can cause this. Leaves, branches, all manner of plant life, and animal decomposition. It is in every wooded area, and depending on the density of the wood you are in, it CAN be rather strong.
But that does not explain the big black thing you saw, nor the door being nearly ripped in half.
While I am not going to pretend that I know exactly what is going on there, I would like to add that if the wood is directly behind the house, woodland creatures could be what the dog is watching outside the door. Perhaps the dog is just not interested in the animals it sees skittering around out there, so she does not bark.
I am curious what your Dad saw when he went tearing out the front to see what was there. Did you investigate either time for footprints? Perhaps something from the wood smelled the food in the house and came for a bit of a picnic?

One really good point I would like you to think hard about. Whatever this is, whether it be natural or paranormal, it IS outside. In other words, it would appear that it is not able to BE inside. Do not tempt it, do not invite it in. No matter WHAT it may be.
Thank you.
aldizzi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Somethings don't need a reason to do what they do, they just do. Do you have a garden? You should plant white roses... Leave some white roses in a glass with water on the porch if you have one, or around, they're supposed to be spiritual candles... Might keep it away...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: